Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Is this Kona Blue or Lighting Blue? It looks too bright for kona and looks darker and deeper than lighting. Almost looks like Deep Impact haha.
Oh, good question. I just assumed it was Kona based on the ones I have seen, but now I am wondering.

It was really bright out, and I had sunglasses, and was being yelled at, so I might be wrong. :lol:
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Aftermarket bumper kits from Rousch and Cervini are going to sell like hot cakes for the 2018.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Aftermarket bumper kits from Rousch and Cervini are going to sell like hot cakes for the 2018.
Not likely any better than current. Vocal minority of mostly current owners on a forum/internet hardly indicates massive demand. Sure there will be some who buy and 18 and immediately purchase one of those bumpers but not that many people are going to drop $1.5k+ after parts, paint and labor to swap a bumper.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
*2 on that question. The pictures I have seen have me even more confused now. I will be ordering blind over here and would really like to see the two side by side at some point to help me make a decision.
Judging by the way the other cars look in the photo this looks like a slightly overexposed Kona. Kona is quite dark with a strong purple hue in overcast sky lighting, while Lightning is bright and unmistakably blue.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Judging by the way the other cars look in the photo this looks like a slightly overexposed Kona. Kona is quite dark with a strong purple hue in overcast sky lighting, while Lightning is bright and unmistakably blue.
Makes sense, I thought it looked a bit purple (which is why I thought it was Kona.) The phone camera can be misleading.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I have no opinion or knowledge on this BUT it's possible they will offer fleet buyers an option they don't have for general consumption.
If there is the difference in fleet vs consumer. Could be to clear out the remaining SYNC® with 4.2" color LCD screen in center stack stock they have on hand. Just a random assumption at this point.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I believe there is a difference. The fleet brochure didn't list PP2, magnaride, and acthive exhaust IIRC. IF the 7" screen is in fact standard, that could bring the cost of the Premium down significantly.

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I believe there is a difference. The fleet brochure didn't list PP2, magnaride, and acthive exhaust IIRC. IF the 7" screen is in fact standard, that could bring the cost of the Premium down significantly.
Magnaride was listed in the fleet brochure but the others were not. Perhaps active exhaust included with a premium to offset any decline in price? IMO someone purchasing the premium would more likely want or like to use the active exhaust feature than a base model who saved some bucks to opt for aftermarket exhaust/mods etc.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Magnaride was listed in the fleet brochure but the others were not. Perhaps active exhaust included with a premium to offset any decline in price? IMO someone purchasing the premium would more likely want or like to use the active exhaust feature than a base model who saved some bucks to opt for aftermarket exhaust/mods etc.
I'm sure it'll be a standalone option since all GTs have the capability via the quad exhaust. I think it's something like a $900 option on the Camaro, so probably similar with the Mustang.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I'm sure it'll be a standalone option since all GTs have the capability via the quad exhaust. I think it's something like a $900 option on the Camaro, so probably similar with the Mustang.
Can LTH and x pipe be installed while keeping the active portion or will that possibly require cutting?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Can LTH and x pipe be installed while keeping the active portion or will that possibly require cutting?
Someone with a GT350 would know best, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing is controlled by valving in the mufflers. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change the headers and mid pipe and retain functionality. I don't know if the factory exhaust has any flanges where it meets mid pipe, though. Would probably need to cut and weld on flanges if not.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Someone with a GT350 would know best, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing is controlled by valving in the mufflers. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change the headers and mid pipe and retain functionality. I don't know if the factory exhaust has any flanges where it meets mid pipe, though. Would probably need to cut and weld on flanges if not.
the valves are located in the exhaust tips. I believe the plug to control it was in the back as well. it was nice and loud when opened. cant wait to get that option as well on the 18 ill be ordering.
Sponsored