Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I like it. I'd like it more, IF I KNEW THE POWER NUMBERS!!!!!!!!

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
The hood is what kills me. The fog light change is fine...the hood sucks though. Terrible lines.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Ford Mustang GT

All I can say is Ford better knock it out of the park after all this waiting just to release the HP / TQ numbers. Every other car manufacture displays their cars at the auto shows and releases the new specs. Ford I suspect is either having problems with the new engine or they are tweaking the tunes to obtain the best
power figures. I hope its the latter for all you Ford Fans who put down deposits for the 2018. :cool:

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I think they try to get it inline with european car designs. Nice design, but it's less Mustang.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
All I can say is Ford better knock it out of the park after all this waiting just to release the HP / TQ numbers. Every other car manufacture displays their cars at the auto shows and releases the new specs. Ford I suspect is either having problems with the new engine or they are tweaking the tunes to obtain the best
power figures. I hope its the latter for all you Ford Fans who put down deposits for the 2018. :cool:
Maybe they are worried that the Camaro facelift that will launch mid 2019 will outperform their new Mustang way too soon, since Mustang FL will start really late. So they have to bring a big hp upgrade to the Mustang. With the Camaro already at 455 it is possible that the Camaro FL have 470+

Still don't get why they launch the Mustang in winter

But if you don't like the fl have in mind that 7th gen is already confirmed for 2020

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
I'm beginning to like it more, now that I've seen it in other colors than orange. I had a 14 GT Premium and liked it. I've thought about getting another, but find the roof seems too low in the 15 up and I can't get comfortable in it.

Sponsored

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
I'm 50/50 with the Front Styling..Don't like embedded running line
though GT Badge..Vents could be a bit higher on hood..Tail lights in
my opinion should have been left alone..Exhaust seems cluttered..
I would wait at least 6 months before buying the car with a new
ten speed tranny..Horse power bump of 2 tenths of a second faster
then the 15-17 models worth it? [It may be more]..when a good tune could get you those numbers..I'll wait and see reviews from Mags and every day buyers before
I decide to take the Plunge...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Maybe they are worried that the Camaro facelift that will launch mid 2019 will outperform their new Mustang way too soon, since Mustang FL will start really late. So they have to bring a big hp upgrade to the Mustang. With the Camaro already at 455 it is possible that the Camaro FL have 470+

Still don't get why they launch the Mustang in winter

But if you don't like the fl have in mind that 7th gen is already confirmed for 2020
I spend a lot of time in speed shops. The problem is the Camaro is likely making more than the advertised HP right now. The dyno numbers I've seen indicate the Camaro is most likely about 465 already. While the Mustang seams to be dead on at 435. The Mustang needs a big jump just to actually catch the current Camaros power. I for one don't know why Ford just doesn't use the 5.8 instead of the 5.0?:shrug:

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I spend a lot of time in speed shops. The problem is the Camaro is likely making more than the advertised HP right now. The dyno numbers I've seen indicate the Camaro is most likely about 465 already. While the Mustang seams to be dead on at 435. The Mustang needs a big jump just to actually catch the current Camaros power. I for one don't know why Ford just doesn't use the 5.8 instead of the 5.0?:shrug:
The 5.8L Trinity engine that debuted in the 2013 Shelby GT500 was based on the antiquated 5.4L Condor. Unless Ford has a new 5.8L in the works, they don't really have a V8 architecture -- save for the heavy, two-valve 6.2L truck engine -- upon which to build a larger-displacement engine for the Mustang.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The 5.8L Trinity engine that debuted in the 2013 Shelby GT500 was based on the antiquated 5.4L Condor.
I don't know if you've seen the last terminator movie. But the best quote from that movie was. "Old-Not obsolete."

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Front End

At least from this angle the Splitter seems a bit Lower.
IMG_9326.JPG
IMG_9322.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: