Sponsored

Past Cop at 150 MPH

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Im going back to the states in July, and I dont know how Im going to adjust.

"Honest officer; Its ok. Ive driven this fast on the autobauhn"
Definitely got to get the dash/perimeter cam for that:lol:

Nice you can drive the car as it was built for :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Must be nice to be able to enjoy a car like that on the streets. Too bad this country is too money hungry to even allow an 80-90 mph speed limit

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Must be nice to be able to enjoy a car like that on the streets. Too bad this country is too money hungry to even allow an 80-90 mph speed limit
It's 75 in Nevada and 80 in UT, ID and Montana.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
:cheers: Awesome! I drove on the autobahn once. I learned really quickly to stay the hell out of the passing lane. It’s a shame that here in the land of the free, we can’t optimize our culture and get this right.

My racing buddy is a German immigrant. We are going to the Nurburgring before we hang it all up.

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There needs to be a graded system for driving on the interstate. Grade D: New driver = far right lane, Grade C: Been driving a few years no infractions = 2nd lane over, Grade B: Experienced driver no infractions = 3rd lane over, Grade A: Has driving endorsements, car has passed safety checks, no infraction = 4th lane, fast as conditions allow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There needs to be a graded system for driving on the interstate. Grade D: New driver = far right lane, Grade C: Been driving a few years no infractions = 2nd lane over, Grade B: Experienced driver no infractions = 3rd lane over, Grade A: Has driving endorsements, car has passed safety checks, no infraction = 4th lane, fast as conditions allow.
Yeah try enforcing that.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
^This.
Americans don’t know how to drive. Going the speed limit in the passing lane. Get the fuck out of the way and watch your fucking mirrors.
Ive have been arround the world, quite literally. What I believe is that there is a local driving culture that makes other people think they cant drive for sh!t.

As for the Germans; anytime I am overtaking a group of cars; I must be prepared for someone going half my speed to just jump out in front of me.

I cant figure out if Germans dont use their mirrors or is it a passive aggressive thing; because of how fast Im going.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
“As for the Germans; anytime I am overtaking a group of cars; I must be prepared for someone going half my speed to just jump out in front of me.”

You are right there. I had several experiences like that. Coming back from Sweden on the A5 cruising in my Z06 at 170sh, with 2 other Z06”s in the fast lane, when a family decides to move from far right lane to fast lane, the Z in front of me goes into the left shoulder and cuts grass as he plows past the stupid driver not paying attention to what’s happening behind him before shifting lanes, me, I stand on barake, thankfully I had added Movit GT3 385mm brake set to my Z, and was able to scrub speed safely, my wife’s seat belt locked and she had a matrix moment suspended in air as we slowed down. We all cruised to the right shoulder wiped our asses, and blessed the asphalt that we were alive. After that, we only cruised at 130. BLUF, no matter how much structure their is on the autobahn, you have to watch your peripherals, front and rear, theirs always someone faster, and always someone slow poke. I considered our cars fast movers,and everything else, well, everything else, haha. Was stationed in Germany about 25 years as Soldier, civilian, and contractor.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Here on the coastal bend of Texas we have some hwy's with 75 mph limits. I am a very defensive driver and enjoy the twisty's alot. If I were to find myself on the autobahn I'd really enjoy it as well.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Here on the coastal bend of Texas we have some hwy's with 75 mph limits. I am a very defensive driver and enjoy the twisty's alot. If I were to find myself on the autobahn I'd really enjoy it as well.
:thumbsup::ford:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads