Sponsored

Is there a better battery with higher CCA that fits our battery casing

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Taken my '16 with its stock battery to Chicago a few times in blistering cold and it had to sit outside every night, never didn't start. I keep my car in a garage and sometimes don't touch it for a couple weeks and I rarely put a battery tender on it... always starts right up.

When replacing the battery, find an AGM. One of them will fit in there, I'm sure.
Sponsored

RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '17 GT350 (H3851)
Stirring the pot??
Chassis H3851 has the 470 CCA battery installed.

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Well I didn't get any where with Ford replacement on this one. They said the car comes with the BXT-99RT4 black battery. And if car has the BXT-99RT4-A 470 CCA battery then it has been replaced. So unless my battery tests bad I would have to pay for the higher CCA battery that is the replacement battery for what's in the car. I told them that ain't right that Ford puts the 390 CCA battery in from factory but yet replaces it with the 470 CCA battery if the original one becomes defective under warranty. Oh well!

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I just replaced my original black top a couple months ago...it was three years old and bulging on the sides, all was good, and suddenly would not start - battery was a Motorcraft BXT96R590 - I replaced it with a red Motorcraft BXT96R590 - all is good. BTW - all red label Motorcraft batteries carry a 36 Month free replacement warranty, and then prorated replacement beyond that up to 100 months - at ANY Ford dealership nationwide. You absolutely MUST have a receipt, but that's it...pretty good deal. I always attach a copy of the invoice inside a packing slip envelope to all batteries I sell at my dealership.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Ok, so it looks like my dealer put in a 590cc battery because this is not stock, but it fits!

Actually thinking of going lighter for track days. Figure 10lbs is better than 40lbs?
IMG_5154.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Ok, so it looks like my dealer put in a 590cc battery because this is not stock, but it fits!

Actually thinking of going lighter for track days. Figure 10lbs is better than 40lbs?
That's odd. Autocraft is a battery from Advanced Auto Parts.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The C680 12V 11Ah Lithium Ion Racing Battery is a great choice for street/strip vehicles wanting to shed some battery weight. The C680 is alternator compatible (100A/14.4V max) and weighs only 4.5 lbs. The outside dimensions of 7.16″ L x 3.05″ W x 6.63″ T make it compact and easy to install in a lot of locations.

https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/lithium-pros-c680-12v11ah-lithium-ion-battery/
thank you Harold! I'll be getting one, once the current one starts to show signs or dying.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's odd. Autocraft is a battery from Advanced Auto Parts.
Some dealers just get batteries from a parts store... had that happen to me before when I had a battery warrantied out. Ended up with a big ugly green and gray Exide battery, haha. Guy said they didn't have any of theirs in stock.

wrh3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wanted an AGM battery with a little more than the 390 CCA my OE battery came with. I have Odyssey batteries in all my other cars and have used them for a while so that is the direction I went here as well- Odyssey PC1200MJT.

The posts make it a bit taller than the OE battery but the real issue was the OE battery terminal clamp hardware that was 1/4" to 1/2" inch above the posts which caused issues with the battery cover- without the battery terminals there was no issue. SO, I removed the OE terminal clamp hardware, sourced some stainless bolts/nuts, and drilled holes in the terminal clamps. Clamps work fine and now they are flush with the top of the posts......battery cover works fine now. And the factory clamp hardware can be reinstalled later if you ever wanted to go back to the OE battery and hardware.
This might also work for some other battery options out there. Since UPS did not show up today with my battery hold down strap from WCB (https://www.polyperformance.com/odyssey-gm-style-hold-down-strap-hds-hdas-metal), that is not pictured below but is on the way.

pc1200sgt.jpg

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
thank you Harold! I'll be getting one, once the current one starts to show signs or dying.
The C680 12V 11Ah Lithium Ion Racing Battery is a great choice for street/strip vehicles wanting to shed some battery weight. The C680 is alternator compatible (100A/14.4V max) and weighs only 4.5 lbs. The outside dimensions of 7.16″ L x 3.05″ W x 6.63″ T make it compact and easy to install in a lot of locations.

https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/lithium-pros-c680-12v11ah-lithium-ion-battery/
Hey guys,
I was looking into getting one of these. I don't know much about amps, Ah, and such, but the battery specs show (100A/14.4V max). Our Alternators put out 200 amps, wouldn't that be too much for this battery? Or am I understanding this wrong, which could be the case.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,
I was looking into getting one of these. I don't know much about amps, Ah, and such, but the battery specs show (100A/14.4V max). Our Alternators put out 200 amps, wouldn't that be too much for this battery? Or am I understanding this wrong, which could be the case.
Crap! Looks like our alternators put out way too many amps to work with the Lithium Pros C680! [MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION]

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: battery

Way to high of amps going into the battery it will ruin it and is not a warrantable product. If you look on out site 50 amp max

Joe Cubberley
Lithium Pros
T-865-688-2083
www.lithiumpros.com

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
Crap! Looks like our alternators put out way too many amps to work with the Lithium Pros C680! [MENTION=19262]Zitrosounds[/MENTION]

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: battery

Way to high of amps going into the battery it will ruin it and is not a warrantable product. If you look on out site 50 amp max

Joe Cubberley
Lithium Pros
T-865-688-2083
www.lithiumpros.com
Lithium Pros recommended their L3420 battery for our cars. I believe the stock Ford battery is 31 lbs? The L3420 weighs 9.5 lbs and according to the person I spoke to at Lithium Pros, is fully compatible with our alternators and has been used successfully on street cars for some time.

Since I live in north central Florida and garage the car, no extreme cold temps to worry about. The idea of saving 21 lbs or so of high mounted weight in this already front heavy car is appealing.

And before, anyone asks, I did the "driver mod" a long time ago, so very few excess lbs here! :lol:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Lithium Pros recommended their L3420 battery for our cars. I believe the stock Ford battery is 31 lbs? The L3420 weighs 9.5 lbs and according to the person I spoke to at Lithium Pros, is fully compatible with our alternators and has been used successfully on street cars for some time.

Since I live in north central Florida and garage the car, no extreme cold temps to worry about. The idea of saving 21 lbs or so of high mounted weight in this already front heavy car is appealing.

And before, anyone asks, I did the "driver mod" a long time ago, so very few excess lbs here! :lol:
Is that $1000?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

They must have their wires crossed over there. Joe replied with P3426, but I can’t find that one anywhere.

L3420 is 80 amps max.

PWORLDSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '18 GT350
Just wanted to bump this thread for those who may experience a dead battery. My 2018 built in October 2017 came with the 390 CCA battery. With such low CCA it did not make it through the winter even here in the Bay Area.

Rather than toy with a marginally better 470 CCA from Ford, I wanted to try the 96R as I didn't want to deal with this again next winter. I can confirm that the 96R size will fit without any modification and was a perfect fit in the battery box.
Sponsored