Any Sacramento Area members?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I live right in downtown Sac, another buddy of mine who also has a mustang lives over in Rocklin. We meet up at the Cars and Coffee in Folsom every once in awhile

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I live in Sacramento, but closer to Elk Grove area off Gerber Rd. I work in downtown and drive my mustang from time to time. I am still looking into going to some of the small events and cars and coffee around here. Just haven't had the time yet.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I live in Sacramento, but closer to Elk Grove area off Gerber Rd. I work in downtown and drive my mustang from time to time. I am still looking into going to some of the small events and cars and coffee around here. Just haven't had the time yet.
Right on, When I roll through Im usually off of Gerber and power Inn.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Right on, When I roll through Im usually off of Gerber and power Inn.
Niceee, I am one more main street down at Gerber and Bradshaw :)

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Let me know if you want to go to one in Folsom, I'll try to rally some people together! Look it up on Facebook they have a group for it

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Let me know if you want to go to one in Folsom, I'll try to rally some people together! Look it up on Facebook they have a group for it
I think I found it, but still won't have time to go yet. My mustang is currently in the shop for some more Xpel Ultimate wrapping :D

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I think I found it, but still won't have time to go yet. My mustang is currently in the shop for some more Xpel Ultimate wrapping :D
Where you getting it done?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Imperial Works off of Freeport Blvd.
Got all my work done there a month or so ago! They do good work, the back window tinting though man Mustangs are frustrating with that. Had to go back twice for a touch up and it's still not dry

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Got my tints done there also (was thinking about vinyl wrap), not going back. Gotta find another 3M dealer and see if I can get warranty done. They scratched the back quarter passenger side window when I went back for them to clean and check the tint. So I had them redo it, the scratches went right through the tint and scratched the window. You can barely see it with a new tint over it but you can still see it if you look closely. There is also lint under the new tint so that has to get redone. Also my front driver's window is peeling from the top. Seems like there wasn't enough glue or wasn't positioned low enough. Through opening and closing the window it started coming apart and funny thing is the car sat for 2 weeks during cure.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Imperial Works do some pretty good work and their reviews are great. I think they are still learning and the place is not the most lint free. I still see stuff and some debris under my Xpel wraps, but I was fine with it. I agree, the rear window tinting is a PITA. I had mine done at the dealership in Ohio where I ordered my car and it was a crappy job. I had to redo the two front windows, but left the quarters and rear for another day.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got my tints done there also (was thinking about vinyl wrap), not going back. Gotta find another 3M dealer and see if I can get warranty done. They scratched the back quarter passenger side window when I went back for them to clean and check the tint. So I had them redo it, the scratches went right through the tint and scratched the window. You can barely see it with a new tint over it but you can still see it if you look closely. There is also lint under the new tint so that has to get redone. Also my front driver's window is peeling from the top. Seems like there wasn't enough glue or wasn't positioned low enough. Through opening and closing the window it started coming apart and funny thing is the car sat for 2 weeks during cure.
That sucks, I know they are not the cleanest, but I am not sure where else to go for Xpel wrapping. You can try JH Auto Window Tinting located at 8188 Elder Creek Rd., Sacramento, CA 95824. I been there to do some tinting with 3M on my daily driver and they seem legit. I believe they also do Xpel, but not as much as Imperial Works does.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
While that is unacceptable, the guys are really nice and I am sure they will replace all of it if you ask them to. As for the scratch, did you tell them? They might offer to get the scratch filled for you no charge.

To be fair to Imperial, I honestly do think they are still learning to work on the new Mustang models. I don't think they get very many. While getting my quote he straight up told me that they have issues with the Mustang's tint jobs and taking forever to dry. Their reviews are crazy good and are rated number 1 in Sac so I said screw it and went to them. Their wrap on my hood looks great! And they did a GREAT job wrapping the antenna, it looks stock
Sponsored