Sponsored

Anyone with maximum motor sport plates here?

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
I had mine installed last week by a shop here. He noted the same problem on the passenger side top nut. Interestingly enough he said that was the exact nut he couldn't get to tighten down on MM plates for a different generation Mustang and is having me keep an eye on it. After a track day with it in place I haven't noticed any backing off of the nut and we were able to torque it to 30 ft-lbs I believe but it will continue to spin if you put more torque on it.

Let me know if MM has a fix for you.
Nevermind I was mistaken. I am being told that the camber plate adjusting nut was where the issue I had was. Per my buddy that installed it: "the stud kept stretching not spinning"

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The shaft on the magna ride is twice as thick than the other mustang line ups. It is size of a 8.4oz red bull can in diameter.

Anyways I spoke to mm and he said the sleeve is already pressed in. He suggested to put a dial indicator on the top of the shaft and lift the car up and move the tire up and down. If any play is seen or read by the indicator something is not right. If no play exist than we are good.

I will keep you guys updated, I do have a dial indicator so I will try that this weekend.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
That socket implies that the shock shaft has a hex in the top to use an Allen wrench to hold the shaft. If your shock has that hex then use a crow foot with the torque wrench to set the torque. Besides the usual crow foots there is a crow foot shaped like a flare wrench for better grip.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes Amazon has that also in 21mm our size but I can easily make that and cut the socket out with my Dremel.
I have a "Metalnerd MN2122" which is a double-sided open socket for 21mm and 22mm strut nuts. You put a 3/8 drive socket down through the middle and snap a 1/2 drive flex handle or torque wrench into the square hole. I've used the thing for more than a decade and it's a great tool.

mn2122.jpg
Sponsored