OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Got a few goodies today in the mail. Steeda's new front adjustable end links (I'll pair in the rear ones as funds permit). Also their new rear camber bracket, which is a pretty trick piece of equipment. Both are extremely beefy!

I'll install the end links this weekend I think. And then at some point I'll get the rears installed and do a sort of corner balance with the end links before I hit a track. For now I'll just eyeball it against the OEM end links thereabouts. Despite track work, I haven't managed to bend my OEM end links. But these Steeda links are vastly more beefy looking... like... vastly. :eyebulge:
15541369_10101632707727827_8975884487583921473_n.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Realized I never put up here a picture of my car at AMP last year...

30849712334_114bcc31cd_b.png

30849712774_866264c772_b.png

And, yes, I did pass that Porsche that you can see the tail of. :cheers:

curhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 white s550 5.0
Nice car. How did u like the ford power pack 2? Thinking about purchasing.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nice car. How did u like the ford power pack 2? Thinking about purchasing.
I have quite the heated review of it on the main thread for the PP2. On/off throttle is randomly either extremely abrupt (in gears 1-3), it rev hangs (sometimes for a brief moment even after I press the gas), or it's totally fine. Before the engine is at full operating temperature, the car will rev hang wherever you let off the gas to change gears - totally unnecessary and makes shifting a pain in the ass. All of this throttle action stuff is unpredictable - on some drives this never happens, on others it does, sometimes it doesn't happen until after a while. The power from it is great, though - my tires are screaming for dear life. What I figure is the throttle mapping is just not acceptable. Nobody I know that has an aftermarket tune has these kind of driveability issues. In one instance, between stop lights, the car jerked so much after letting off the gas my own body shifted enough to tap the gas pedal on off a few times causing the car to jerk like crazy - similar to when you goof up accelerating off the line and get stuck in that jerky loop (if you have an M/T). Happens to the best of us, but should not be caused by a tune. I have been in numerous Mustangs and have discussed tunes with many others and nobody has this kind of rev hang / jerkiness / sometimes perfectly fine thing going on. Others have experienced what I'm experiencing, as well. It's not safe, and I need consistency on a road course and so far this throttle phenomenon is inconsistent and I'm nervous about taking the car on a track now. MAYBE it'll tone down - MAYBE the car needs to do some learning, but that should have been noted in the (terrible) instructions or something. I can't recommend it until Ford comes up with a solution for this.

Sponsored

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
Whats up? Great build. Question for you...where did you get your upper and lower grille? I went to space city and saw nothing. Thanks

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't think he makes them anymore. You can PM Nathan Brummer on Instagram see if he will make you one. Otherwise get the RTR.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Good stuff man, nice mod list and pics. Got some more Steeda goodies just delivered myself.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Making a note to come back to this thread later. Love your car.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just installed my Steeda front sway bar end links. For now I just made them the same length as the stock sway bar end links. I'll install the rear ones later - cold outside and people kept wanting to "chat" while I worked on my car... I f'ing hate that. "Leave me aloooone, I'm workin' heeeeerre!" (That or fetch me a beer!)

I'll let the alignment shop fiddle with the adjustments with weight on the car and me in it such that the sway bar is oriented properly and isn't pre-loaded or anything goofy.

The only hard part of installation is removing the nuts that hold the stock sway bar end links on. GAAAAHHHHDDDDD do I hate doing that - takes forever, plus such awkward position to loosen a pretty damn tight nut... PITA! Haha.

32167707005_553ebd65c8_b.jpg

32049469891_c2045c1375_b.jpg

Oh, the spots you see are from me spraying some penetrating oil. I'm sure it made no difference in getting the sway bar end link nuts off, but... I say it's good practice.

One more thing... if you're thinking about getting these, please do. But also have a torque wrench that'll get to 76 ft lbs and is relative short since you're working in the wheel well. Please don't hand tighten these nuts and think you got it, then complain about noises. Every time I use a torque wrench on sway bar end links and set torque to spec - no sway bar end link noise. Funny how that works! :)

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You seem to have the same exact parts I do. Have you gotten a rear creaking noise when accelerating from a stop and any clunking when slowly turning in neutral?

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Did you put your rear camber adjusters on? How was it doing that job without dropping the rear subframe? I was very happy to have done that with the extra space!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Did you put your rear camber adjusters on? How was it doing that job without dropping the rear subframe? I was very happy to have done that with the extra space!
Haven't put those on yet. Will do before I get my alignment set for track days after it stops being cold. Moved to GA for a reason... :frusty:
Sponsored