Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Jeff,

How does the “mod” hold up to washing the engine bay (for those of us who daily drive and need to clean under the hood on occasion)?
I cant speak for Jeff, but I just looked over the sill plate and it looks like its sealed up pretty good. Only 'opening' I can see on the sill is maybe where the 4 wires (R, G, B and common) enter the lighted part of the sill. And even there, it can easily be sealed or resealed with silicone.

I hadn't even thought of that. My car isn't a DD and I just wipe down under the hood with a damp cloth..:thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
What Fordever said. I usually clean my engine bay with a wet rag. The led plate appears to be waterproof but there is no need to soak it with water. I am not having any issues with the mod. I actually like how simple it was to install with double sided tape. The only hot glue used was to secure the led plate back to the sill base. Pretty simple task.

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jeff, mine just arrived. I noticed in your pics the "Mustang" inlay has been turned around. I assume the plastic welds under the sill plate must be cut and the whole inlay can be removed????:)
Yes, if I remember correctly when you flip it 180 degrees the original holes don’t all line up with previous mountings. That doesn’t matter with hot glue. You can resecure the plate to the base through the mounting holes that held the original plastic welds.
Yes I did grind off the melted plastic studs/welds to remove the led plate.

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I have added some more dress up pieces for under the hood. Strut covers and radiator extension covers.

283343_28341A3B.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have added some more dress up pieces for under the hood. Strut covers and radiator extension covers.

283343_28341A3B.jpg
Looks like a great fit:thumbsup: Those extensions really clean up the outside of the bay.

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Really nice look! White verts are definitely looking sharp...just in time for Spring!!! Love the extensions on the side and the black tank and the lettering and the...etc., etc.

I have a mod I am working on later this month...look for pictures around Easter. I continue to pursue a vert utilizing styling ideas gleaned from other verts on this site. Just keep running out of money, though!!

CVCashmere

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
What did you use for a hood light switch, and maybe a pic of the LED strip in the hood?

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Can anyone help me with a link to the sillplate to use with MyColor? :hail:
This mod would look so sweet on my EU GT. It looks OEM on the pictures from OP.:love:

OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
jeffdeq

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone help me with a link to the sillplate to use with MyColor? :hail:
This mod would look so sweet on my EU GT. It looks OEM on the pictures from OP.:love:
If you do a forum search for door sill there is information that shows the wiring scheme for the different colors.
Sponsored

Last edited: