Sponsored

Hood Replacement Options

archaica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP
Hi all,

I own a 2016 EcoBoost w/PP, and had a mishap recently where a family member in their lifted Jeep backed into the front of my car. (No harsh words, please, everyone is fine except for the car). There is some very minor scrape/dent damage to the front fascia that you can't really see except in the correct light, but there is a very sizable dent in the hood. There's a picture attached (not great light, but it gets the message across).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can point me to the right place to get a replacement for this hood. And if anyone has suggestions for possible cosmetic upgrades, I may make lemonade out of these lemons and try something with my until-now stock car! Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

(This car is cursed, I've already had a complete bumper replacement after getting rear-ended two weeks after getting it. My wife says I should just sell it and get a 2018 when they come out)
IMG_3466.jpg
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
listen to your wife....when my wife said go and place the order on our 2015 i went up to the dealership the next day.....dont let her change her mind....
be like Nike and "just do it!"

im waiting for those words also... "when the 18 comes out go ahead and order one"

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
If you consider a replacement hood, I got the Cervini's Stalker hood and love it! I bought it pre-painted so it was VERY easy to replace. The fit and finish are perfect and it really makes the car stand out.
Stalker1.jpg

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If you consider a replacement hood, I got the Cervini's Stalker hood and love it! I bought it pre-painted so it was VERY easy to replace. The fit and finish are perfect and it really makes the car stand out.
How much harder is it to see out of the windshield now?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
How much harder is it to see out of the windshield now?
Not at all. I was a little concerned about that too because the front end of the Mustang is already a bit high. I was happy to see that it really made no difference. Someone else asked the same question and asked if I'd take a picture. Unfortunately I didn't save the picture but I did post it here somewhere. Most likely in the cosmetic section.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I don't normally like aftermarket hoods, since they are usually over the top (no pun intended), but this one looks great! It follows the logical flow of the rest of the car's lines while finding a way to enhance the front of the car without making it look absurd.

Do you have a picture of the underside? :cheers:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I don't normally like aftermarket hoods, since they are usually over the top (no pun intended), but this one looks great! It follows the logical flow of the rest of the car's lines while finding a way to enhance the front of the car without making it look absurd.

Do you have a picture of the underside? :cheers:
I agree for all the same reasons. It kept all the factory body lines, just completing the scoop and making it functional. They even have the underside air diverter for it to direct thee air to an open air intake. The hood vents are similar to the GT vents, functional and in my opinion placed in a better spot for looks and function.

I haven't taken a picture of the underside of the hood yet. I'll try to take one soon and post it if I remember. They offer the choice of having the underside painted also or they by default gel coat black.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

I really love this hood, do you think I can transfer my blinker vent to this hood??

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Are you looking for a Magnetic color hood and located any near Sacramento, CA? If so, I actually have an OEM one from my 17 GT. I just haven't got around to get pictures with a Post-It on it for sell on here yet.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I really love this hood, do you think I can transfer my blinker vent to this hood??
I think so. My car didn't have them so I skipped that part of the instructions but the instructions have information on what to do with them. Here's a link to the Install Instructions

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
BAD ASS!!

I like the one slit hood. The ones with two always makes me think I'm looking up someone's nose!!
I just wish they would put some kind of mesh in the opening.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
I think so. My car didn't have them so I skipped that part of the instructions but the instructions have information on what to do with them. Here's a link to the Install Instructions

Thanks, the blinker vent can be used:headbang:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)

Is the front slit functional? adjustable louvers?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)