Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
It doesn't matter what your color resolution is. Off is off. When it's a mismatch the monitor still will show it. Some people can't see it even in person.
not color resolution. color accuracy and panel type. it will matter if it's not color accurate far as seeing blue goes on a tn vs va/ips or amoled screen...much less a non color accurate photo taken off a cell phone posted to some website or ebay
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
not color resolution. color accuracy and panel type. it will matter if it's not color accurate far as seeing blue goes on a tn vs va/ips or amoled screen...much less a non color accurate photo taken off a cell phone posted to some website or ebay
I've been in the body shop business my whole life. When a color whether is white black gray blue green yellow red etc etc is not a match it will show up regardless of the object your seeing it through. The same goes for people that think white is white and black is black. Some don't even realize white has red, yellow and or black or blues in it. The car I pictured above is not a blended paint job. They painted the hood off the car and did not blend it into the fenders or bumper. The only way to avoid the variants is to blend it into the adjacent panels. Take for example ford color code YZ white. Do you know how any variations their are for this color code? Let's say a mustang was painted at the flat rock plant in YZ and another in Cleveland Ohio also in YZ same color different variance. They will not be a perfect match. Look at the bumper cover of your own car, the bumper cover is noticeably different then the hood because they do not paint the bumpers on the car when they paint the body. No computer camera or machine can offer a perfect color match. Only the human eye in different lighting can get it close with the correct know how and experience of color paint mixing. Even then it needs blended. Say your car got T boned, the door is replaced but the front fender and 1/4 are Not damaged. If you panel paint the door it'll stick out like a sore thumb. Unless you blend the closest color match into the fender and 1/4 panel part way it'll be noticed.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
^^ he's 100% right.

My Roush fascia is NOT a perfect match to the hood, but it is to the fenders. But since there is some variance in Ruby Red, not much I can do about it, short of having it all repainted to blend.

But it's what I have to deal with because I couldn't afford a Roush, but really badly wanted one.

personally, my fingers are crossed for our OP that the color is a close enough match.

At most angles and stuff you can't tell there is any difference, but in the right light, especially on a cloudy day at the right angle, you can clearly tell it's not perfect. move two feet to the right, and you can't tell.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
My CompOrange Roush bumper was the same way, it does not match you will have to blend unless you get real lucky.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would the GT350 style hood fit a vehicle running a Whipple?

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
^ I guess functionality is besides the point?

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I will definitely post more pics when I get her back on Monday.
Any updates or photos after the install was complete?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
looking forward to seeing it finished, and fingers crossed for you that the color matches decently. really considering having my roush fascia repainted or blended into the hood/fenders

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I'd like to know what you're plan is for the CAI as well. I have the Black Mamba ram air hood from BMC Extreme Customs and have been trying to figure out how to route mine as well. I think I may end up using an Airaid and cutting a hole in the plexiglass cover to match the opening of the ram air and fitting a rubber housing around it for a snug fit.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
I'd like to know what you're plan is for the CAI as well. I have the Black Mamba ram air hood from BMC Extreme Customs and have been trying to figure out how to route mine as well. I think I may end up using an Airaid and cutting a hole in the plexiglass cover to match the opening of the ram air and fitting a rubber housing around it for a snug fit.

Thoughts?
I have the Trufiber Ram Air hood and Hillbank Motorsports did a custom job on the Ram Air tube so it would fit over my Whipple and then cut a hole in the top of the air box cover with a rubber lip around it so its snug once the hood is shut. It is now a true Ram Air system. I'll take some photos later today and post them tonight. I've been running it for the past two weeks and no negative issues.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
True Ram Air w/ Trufiber Ram Air Hood

With my Trufiber Ram Air Hood Hillbank did a custom job so that its a true Ram Air system. First mock up to see if it would work and to make sure it didn't mess with the Whipple tune. So far so good. Looking at a few modifications to clean it up some. Seeing if we can move the rubber piece currently on the air box onto the hood section where it dumps the air out, then put the new and soon to be available CF Airbox cover on with the hole cut out and some form of mesh ontop. Think it would clean it up some :shrug:

Hood Portion of Ram Air

Air Box Section that sits up against hood section where the Ram Air hood channels the air:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
With my Trufiber Ram Air Hood Hillbank did a custom job so that its a true Ram Air system. First mock up to see if it would work and to make sure it didn't mess with the Whipple tune. So far so good. Looking at a few modifications to clean it up some. Seeing if we can move the rubber piece currently on the air box onto the hood section where it dumps the air out, then put the new and soon to be available CF Airbox cover on with the hole cut out and some form of mesh ontop. Think it would clean it up some :shrug:

Hood Portion of Ram Air

Air Box Section that sits up against hood section where the Ram Air hood channels the air:
That looks very restrictive Especially with a supercharger

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
That looks very restrictive Especially with a supercharger
In order for it to fit over the Whipple they did have to custom mold the air tube but it still allows air through which is better than no air. The cold air coming in will help just not sure if its a little or a lot. Since the parts were all there figured it was worth while testing it.