OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Please take some daytime pics W/O flash-->:thumbsup:
Haha, I was just talking about that with my wife. The nighttime pics look more orangey with the flash. I promise it is a bit more of a subtle red and breaks up the flat black look (I'm not Batman). Unfortunately it got dark as I finished.

I plan to take daylight pics tomorrow after I finish the other door so stay tuned.
Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Haha, I was just talking about that with my wife. The nighttime pics look more orangey with the flash. I promise it is a bit more of a subtle red and breaks up the flat black look (I'm not Batman). Unfortunately it got dark as I finished.

I plan to take daylight pics tomorrow after I finish the other door so stay tuned.
Well Batman would obviously say he wasn't Batman on a forum.... Very suspicious, Old Chum.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
:headbang::hail:

Sponsored

Runner12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550
That's very tastefully done OP. What do you plan to do with the rear trim?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Have to admit you did a great Job modifying the interior of your Base Trim S550. Personally, I prefer the OEM interior. Not a big Fan of flashy trim accents.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
simply great!

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Please take some daytime pics W/O flash-->:thumbsup:
It was kind of overcast and starting to get dark but I managed to take some better pics after completing the doors using my non-phone camera:

What do you plan to do with the rear trim?
I'm thinking about adding the same red trim around the rear passenger side panels here:

It seems to have come out so well I'm testing it out on my wife's Escape:

A couple of notes for adding it to the S550 Mustang:
  • Console panels: trim can be pushed in and stays in place with friction
  • Doors: trim is a bit more tricky and requires some tailoring on each door (the doors are more difficult in different places for some reason)
  • In some sections of trim where there were gaps, I used coat hanger pieces to plug them together and make it look seamless
  • Only took a couple of hours, scissors, 3M tape, coat hanger, fingers, and a small blunt object to complete
  • Makes the base interior look significantly better and competes with the premium interior in my eyes (considering only the paneling not upgraded electronics)
  • A secondary benefit is that it can minimize vibrations in the console or door paneling
Very easy "mods" to complete and are totally worth it for those of you with base or premium interiors!

Thanks again and a special thank you to the admin(s) for featuring my modifications! I'll continue to post more updates with changes or additions such as the rear paneling.
:cheers:

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
So does this color trim just slip into the gap between panels so it could be changed back to stock appearance anytime? For me personally, I'm feeling the dash but not so much the doors.

Sponsored

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
Link to purchase this please. I used this in my door trim on 2006 Mustang and I loved it

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
So does this color trim just slip into the gap between panels so it could be changed back to stock appearance anytime? For me personally, I'm feeling the dash but not so much the doors.
That is correct, you can easily just press it in-between the panels and take it out at any time. The doors have a bit more of a complex path than my 2006 did for sure but it looks pretty good in person. To each their own.

Link to purchase this please. I used this in my door trim on 2006 Mustang and I loved it
I posted some details in post #5 and it appears that the original seller has run out of supply again but should hopefully have some soon. In the meantime, this seller appears to have similar welt material.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Looks great! Do you plan to do anything else with the interior?
Thanks! I ran out of trim so I'll need to acquire more to complete the rear passenger panels. After that, I'll be done with welt because I don't want to go overboard. I may try to put some billet around the tweeters and door speakers for a little more contrast / keeping with the theme.

After wiping down the interior with protectant, it looks pretty damn good! I'll provide more updates when I get to them.

mustangman'15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt to be
I think you've convinced me of a base model gt! It looks much more upscale with the red trim.
I would however be missing the MyColor that premiums have and wonder if there is a way to get some decent led placement in the base model other than ford's lame 3 led option from factory.
Sponsored