Sponsored

Let's talk Ford continuing production of the GT350/R

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I bet all the R owners are loving this LOL. This is the best case scenario for the R. The GT350 is being over produced and thats just going to eventually drive the R prices through the roof as that will be the more desirable model. Especially once the GT500 hits the streets.
Sponsored

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I say the more the better...50-100 years from now kids will be thankful there are a handful still around.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Didnā€™t the union contract say the Voodoo would continue through ā€˜19 or ā€˜20? I donā€™t think this should be a surprise.

Ford screwing up the production of the GT500 is a separate issue and it deserves all the criticism itā€™s getting.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Didnā€™t the union contract say the Voodoo would continue through ā€˜19 or ā€˜20? I donā€™t think this should be a surprise.

Ford screwing up the production of the GT500 is a separate issue and it deserves all the criticism itā€™s getting.
The 5.2 not the voodoo.

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica

I remember that but no one wanted to believe it. And now they want to get mad at Ford for doing what they said they would.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
The union contract noted a "5.2 update" sometime in the future (whatever future period that union contract was for). However, the more recent posting of the MY20 engine list showed BOTH a 5.2 NA GT350 and a 5.2 supercharged for GT500. That is what piqued my interest as I would love a DCT.

"...going to eventually drive the R prices through the roof..."

In the event I would make a change, then I wonder about maximizing the sale value of my car. If the 500 is a straight line car again, then I think R values hold. However, if they make a 500 which is also great on the track, or a special track model, then I think R values would fall.

There is always a better product on the horizon. It would be easier to manage this if we weren't waiting on a 1 year ordering cycle. :frusty: :doh:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I bet all the R owners are loving this LOL. This is the best case scenario for the R. The GT350 is being over produced and thats just going to eventually drive the R prices through the roof as that will be the more desirable model. Especially once the GT500 hits the streets.
This does also mean more R's too.

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
For a second I thought I was on Rennlist... There are almost daily threads on this topic about GT3/GT3RS.

BTW, Ford did double GT production after the initial announcement of the car. I believe they added a year, effectively doubling the total production.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
This does also mean more R's too.
Yeah, But they will be much more exclusive. I know of like 3 people so far dump their regular GT350's to get into a R. Seems like thats the current trend. Once they stop making those R's, I dont see any reason why they wouldnt go anywhere but up in value

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have a GT500 order locked in, so I did consider dropping my R order once I heard that they may be continuing past 2018. But as soon as I jump in my GT350 and drive it, I am quickly reminded just how special this car is, and how much I want the R long term. I do believe the GT500 will be an "in addition to" car, but we'll see. Either way, I can't wait for my R to arrive and if they decide to make more... so be it.

I ain't no fool!! :p
Sponsored