Sponsored

Procharger guys on stock tranny and clutch

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I should be just at 580-600whp going dyno soon. Should I be worried on stock tranny and stock Clutch? Have any of you guys had to change yours out and what did you use. I know you guys with 700whp on your sigs I see clutch upgrades lol

Just trying to see if I should be fine. Occasional trip to track on street tires with easing on the clutch at 3k rpm is what I'll do to prevent damages

Thanks
Sponsored

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Your transmission will be fine at the power level on the stock clutch. Your clutch will probably last quite awhile at that power level too. Mine eventually started slipping after 2,500 miles and then swapped to the rxt. The rxt then went on to destroy two mt82s.

You should be fine but if you need to replace the clutch, I would go with the rst as it seems to be more forgiving on the transmission.

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
What kills the stock clutch is it hard launching ? High rpm shifting 7.5k ? Miss shift

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stock clutch is designed for stock power levels. Single disc, organic. If you put a lot more torque to the rear wheels or up the redline, the clutch may slip and get hot.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
If your using street tires your stock clutch will last for a little while,but will eventually need changed.So far and i say this lightly the trans has held up and i have done ALOT of 1/4 mile passes on my car.

Sponsored

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My stock clutch was fine for about 5k miles @650whp. I went to the track and ended up breaking the ring gear on the flywheel, clutch didn't look too bad. Has anyone had that happen or know why? Maybe bad driver mod?

Anyway I replaced them with an rst clutch and steel flywheel. Rxt's will break your mt82.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When you need a clutch, get one with a spring hub design and rated for at least your HP level. Don't beat on the transmission all the time like a noob and it'll be fine.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
18,000 miles on the stock clutch with over 700whp on a PD blower and going strong.
No slippage as of yet :D.
STREET tires, no track time. Just occasional rips

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
18,000 miles on the stock clutch with over 700whp on a PD blower and going strong.
No slippage as of yet :D.
STREET tires, no track time. Just occasional rips

Your a unicorn i want to be you lol

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Your a unicorn i want to be you lol
No not really,he just drives his car like he had sense,and staying on streeoi t t tires prolongs the life of the trans and clutch.Its simple guys alot of hp sticky tires and agressive clutches weather it be rxt or rst and shit is going to break,especially doing hard launches.U have to decide what your going to use the car for.

Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
No not really,he just drives his car like he had sense,and staying on streeoi t t tires prolongs the life of the trans and clutch.Its simple guys alot of hp sticky tires and agressive clutches weather it be rxt or rst and shit is going to break,especially doing hard launches.U have to decide what your going to use the car for.
Theres no magic behind it. Has it shocked me it's still holding fine? Yeah. But as Tommy says, don't put a sticky tires underneath it and you'll be fine

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Theres no magic behind it. Has it shocked me it's still holding fine? Yeah. But as Tommy says, don't put a sticky tires underneath it and you'll be fine
I agree, but to me, what is the point of all the power if you just spin. Tires made the biggest difference for my car. I could actually use the power after.

IMO, I think anyone who goes FI should budget for clutch and Driveshaft, it's only a matter of time.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I agree, but to me, what is the point of all the power if you just spin. Tires made the biggest difference for my car. I could actually use the power after.

IMO, I think anyone who goes FI should budget for clutch and Driveshaft, it's only a matter of time.
Agreed, you should put the money away for a clutch for sure. There's still plenty of fun in second gear around 55mph though. She hooks great in the summer heat

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I just bought half shafts 800 hp dss. Figure my stock half shaft would be first thing to break. Would you guys consider nitto nt555r a street tire? Or would those tires make it easy to break clutch, driveshaft

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just bought half shafts 800 hp dss. Figure my stock half shaft would be first thing to break. Would you guys consider nitto nt555r street tire
That's what I have currently. It's a great balance between sticky and longevity. If you put a lot of miles on your car this is the tire I would recommend. Does pretty good in the rain too.
Sponsored