Sponsored

Official Performance Pack Level 2

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
Got some pics from the sales manager. Currently seeing what he can do on price.

Vicariously Rooting for you to snag one early MVFJET!

Keep us posted with more info and pics as they roll in.

Thx!

:cheers:

Ps anyone else dumbfounded by the weirdness of the PP2 rollout?

MVFJet and others may buy one and bring it home before the press even gets their hands on one?
Sponsored

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's 350 miles away from me. If it was within 60 miles of me I'd call in sick tomorrow and go negotiate in person. It's hard to do so on the phone.

Honestly though this car is the exact opposite of what i have ordered haha. All the premium stuff besides leather does nothing for me. I love magnetic but I think the dark tarnish wheels get washed out.

I actually just saw a 15-17 GTPP in Oxford white and thought "damn it why does white look so good!"

Unless they come back to me with a similar discount like [MENTION=11611]Nanashii[/MENTION] got ($5k off before rebates) I'd just feel the $5,100 in additional options would be a waste of money.

I'll keep you guys posted on price and if anyone is in the area and it's exactly what you want go buy it!

I’m with you - my motto is never settle. I’m also with you on all the fluff add-on stuff. I just want a base PP2 with cloth recaros.

STANG PP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 18 mustang
Exactly like I ordered mine except with recaros. I had it in white also, but after these photos of magnetic I will change it tomorrow. Dealer has a magnetic 350 and loved that color but wanted to see it on a pp2 which I did not think it would have been this early. Must have been a sign.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
301A which you need to select PP2. It is sync3, upgraded stereo, dual climate control and drive modes. Also whatever comes with PP2, magneride, wheels, Sport cup 2's spoiler etc. I even stayed with the base electric seats instead of cloth recaros. In Oxford White because it's the best color.

My ordered car will be jam packed with content compared to my old Mach 1.
My base Altima is packed compared to my Mach1.

Sponsored

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
401a+PP2+active exhaust should be about 49.
My dealer had quoted me 48-48.5 for 401A, PP2, Shaker, active exhaust and the package that has wheel locks. They were basically quoting me just over x-plan.
That is absolutely crazy to me. I got my base '16 GT w/ PP in June 2016 for just a hair over $30k. The idea that people would pay nearly $20k more for what is basically the same car with some additional options ticked off simply blows my mind.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That is absolutely crazy to me. I got my base '16 GT w/ PP in June 2016 for just a hair over $30k. The idea that people would pay nearly $20k more for what is basically the same car with some additional options ticked off simply blows my mind.
Less of a "would" and more if a "no other way to buy the new car".

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Guys,

Coolers will be mandatory of the PP2 if you want to track...

On my PP1 5 min of hillclimb with a good pace (not full attack cause winter tires and sand on the road) and frequent 7000+ pulls between corners, with 37°F ambient temp, and the oil temp "virtual ?" gauge was already border line with orange zone....:tsk:

In summer by 90-100°F I'll be done in 5 min.....My C7 GS goes to 240°-250°F in full attack mode (a lot faster than what i did with the Stang) in summer, after 20 min...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]kSo9MI-GqpI[/MEDIA]"]

And with this rythm, 250°F max (summer evening)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=XTUGlbI7KSw;t=246[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys,

Coolers will be mandatory of the PP2 if you want to track...

On my PP1 5 min of hillclimb with a good pace (not full attack cause winter tires and sand on the road) and frequent 7000+ pulls between corners, with 37°F ambient temp, and the oil temp "virtual ?" gauge was already border line with orange zone....:tsk:

In summer by 90-100°F I'll be done in 5 min.....My C7 GS goes to 240°-250°F in full attack mode (a lot faster than what i did with the Stang) in summer, after 20 min...

And with this rythm, 250°F max (summer evening)

M

Cool video - thanks for sharing. How you liking 2018 powerband and new M6 ratios? Ps pls go to track and post 1/4 mike time :headbang:

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for sharing, Nabush. I gotta say, I'm supremely jealous of the roads that you have access to. The roads in my area suck donkey balls. There's nothing but traffic with lots, and lots, and *lots* of cops.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
What's the temp in orange zone?
Don't know, Ford had the good idea not a put a real oil temp sensor... I'm pretty sure this oil gauge is only an estimation of the engine oil temperature based on rpm, load, time and water temperature

Correct me if I'm wrong, if there was a real oil temperature sensor they will show precise oil temperature, not just a gauge with grey (cold) green (ok) orange (warning) red (stop!)

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Don't know, Ford had the good idea not a put a real oil temp sensor... I'm pretty sure this oil gauge is only an estimation of the engine oil temperature based on rpm, load, time and water temperature

Correct me if I'm wrong, if there was a real oil temperature sensor they will show precise oil temperature, not just a gauge with grey (cold) green (ok) orange (warning) red (stop!)
Doubtful. There is likely a real sensor in there. After all, they put diff and trans temp sensors in the car.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
No, manufacturers are not lowering cars like you're suggesting.

Drive-ways are still drive-ways, curbs are still curbs.

Other vehicles may have smaller wheel/arch gaps, but that's not due to lowering.

And the cars don't look like crap. That's your opinion, nothing factual. My opinion is that uber lowered cars look like pure ***gotry.
Ok. Maybe the word "lowering" is not the best word to describe what I mean. Proper (read: not 2 inches of tire/fender gap) can be realized with the right combination of suspension parts MATCHED to the wheel/tire combo, as I believe you are suggesting.

I would agree that lowering a car too much looks terrible as well and I'm not suggesting Ford slam the PP2 just to close the gap, but if other manufacturers can achieve what in MY OPINION is a much better look (look at most BMW's & no I don't drive, own or plan on owning a BMW) than Ford COULD do the same.

Of course this is just my opinion, not fact as you felt the need to point out the obvious. Kind of what we do on here.....express opinions. :D

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Those wheels and especially their finish look incredible, shame you have to spend many thousands of dollars extra to get some halfway decent looking OEM wheels these days.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Do you have digital dash?
Sponsored