Sponsored

Need a 4 door

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. My wife is expecting and I need to jettison my GT. I love my GT. I am a mustang guy through and through. So I was wondering if you could help. I am currently between a 18 STi limited and an 18 Charger Scat Pack. The STi would be a special order and they will do invoice. The Charger is in stock they will give me 25 for my GT and 4k off sticker. 25 is by far the most I have been offered for my GT. The scat pack seems more me but I am concerned about Dodge reliability, resale, and RWD in snow. I did drive my mustang through the past 2 winters with snows but it has snow mode and it is a manual which is what I have all my snow experience in. The STi I drove was very high strung. I couldn't get smooth in a short test drive. I feel like the STi makes more sense because of the AWD, resale, and debatable reliability. It works out to be about 2k less as well. Truthfully neither car blows me away. I like my wife's Focus RS better than both but feel like I should get something a little bigger plus I don't want another vehicle with potential head gasket issues. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted some opinions on which way to go here. Thanks!
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Charger SP in Illinois Winters? I wouldn't. Get a regular WRX. Not as high strung, cheaper, still AWD or a Golf R.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Have you considered looking at the Kia Stinger? It has available AWD and is getting rave reviews. Initial quality seems to be very good as well. In the reviews I've read/watched, the GT is being highly regarded as a nice "driver's" car.

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
If you do go with the charger you should be able to get closer to 8k off MSRP. I drive a rwd in New England and it's fine with a decent set of snow tires.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Go for more than $4k off the Charger. That $25k seems like a pretty good TIV. A RWD with snow tires is better than an AWD on all seasons. I much rather drive a RWD in the winter. Did it for years in NY. People are so caught up with AWD.

The Scat Pack is a phenomenal car for the money, I have nothing bad to say about my car. It's been perfect so far in my ownership.

I sold my Mustang so it was easier to bring my family with me and have no regrets.

I would definitely look into the Stinger. If it was around last year I would have taken a good look at it.

OP
OP
5.0AVP

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I have tried to look at the Stinger but I really don't like Kia and it's more expensive than the Charger or the STi.

I actually also considered the F150 due to still being able to get a 5.0 but it won't fit in my garage and again it gets expensive fast.

I'm probably going to order the STi on Monday. In the meantime I'll hit the auto show and take a look at the Golf R when they finally hit dealers.
Sponsored