Sponsored

Best dealer in Southern California to order?

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Hey guys I've finally nailed down the build for the mustang I want to order, now on to the research of what dealer to buy from. I live in Ventura county so I have already visited the dealer in Oxnard and Thousand Oaks, not many dealers have 2018's on the lot yet they are all in transit. The sales guy at Thousand Oaks literally was trying to talk me out of a GT Premium that they had on the lot so before I was able to take it for a test drive I walked off the lot, and I'm not going to go back :frusty: The ford dealer in Oxnard was much better but again only had one on the lot and it was a 6 speed, talked to the sales guy about the build I'm looking for and he said best bet is to order one. So my question is any one local to the area have any recommendations on which dealer and/or salesman should I go talk with about ordering my car. I'm willing to drive a dealer in the surrounding areas as well.

Thanks - Matt :cheers:
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The problem is your in So Cal.
The easy button approach would be to: Join MCA (Mustang Club of America - $50) and thus become XPlan qualified.

Then call dealers and state you want to custom order a Mustang under XPlan. First one to say yes gets your sale.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yea I was thinking about joining just fore the x plan even though you have to wait 60 days for the pins, might as well. some have said you can negotiate under x plan prices.. I'm open to buying out of state, just need to do research to see how that all works...

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Im definitely going to shop around for the best deal the only thing working against me is that im ordering it, its easier to negotiate with them if it sitting on their lot already.

Is there a way to calculate the x plan price on the build I have? or just try to find invoice price and then do the .4% under that +$275?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Matco- once qualified (maybe before hand) go to the XPlan site and build the car there--that will give you the XPlan price with your build. Yes- some dealers (more so with the east coast with the huge dealerships) will go below XPlan but as you noted--much easier to do on the last day of the month with a car on the lot vs a custom order that you may end up walking away from before it arrives.

It all comes down to your time and wallet-- how much time you want to invest (including going and picking it up) vs potential dollar savings.

I'm old and cranky (haha) and thus time (and needless running around which I detest) is more important to me then a few hundred bucks- but everyone is different and their way is the best way for them and you can't argue against that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I have plenty of time, not looking to take delivery until April - May thus I want to get it ordered by February. I just signed up for MCA, So how to I get to the X-plan site? Is this it https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do if so where do I get my log in?

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I went to North County Ford to place my order- they will do X-plan, may even beat it. It's not close for you but it may be worth a call. They had a gray 2018 with 10a that I test drove a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
got my x plan Build & price of $50,086 called a dealer and he said they will do x plan on an order gave me a OTD price on a similar optioned one off the lot of $53,000. that still seems to high even with the x plan. Im going in person to test drive it and hopefully get a better price when I go to order..

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
gave me a OTD price on a similar optioned one off
Sorry but IGNORE OTD. That just confuses issues and people (a lot of people like to quote OTD as they are in states with low sales tax or have unique trade in equity situations that lowers their sales tax and it makes their deal seem better then yours thus stroking their poor pathetic egos to make themselves feel big. Do not buy into that crap.

Your gonna pay DMV fees, in Cali your gonna pay $80 in dealer paperwork fees (XPlan limits to $100 but CA statute limits it to $80 - ya just beat XPlan), your gonna pay a tire waste fee (I think about $2 a tire so $8 if no spare), your gonna pay sales tax based upon where you reside etc etc where ever you buy the car in the state. If Ford is offering rebates then your gonna get those anyway (and rebates will vary by region). Take that crap out of the equation.

What is MSRP (including destination) on the sheet in the window, what is the XPlan price (including destination), what are other dealers offering, if less then XPlan. Those are the only numbers you should be comparing in terms of a deal. Yeah the registration tax etc for the OTD price will be important in determining if you can afford the dang thing but not for price shopping purposes.

Almost forgot: DMV fees going up on 1/1/18-- if you order that is great. But if off the lot, buy it by the 31st.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
If you are willing to drive to Vegas when the car comes in, I will make it worth your while. Im a salesman at Gaudin ford, PM me if your interested. I also have quite a few 18s in stock ready to go let me know what your looking for.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I went to the experimental aircraft association website and got a Ford $750 voucher for free.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you are willing to drive to Vegas when the car comes in, I will make it worth your while. Im a salesman at Gaudin ford, PM me if your interested. I also have quite a few 18s in stock ready to go let me know what your looking for.
I'm actually going to be in Vegas next week..

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP