OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Seriously? Grow up
Yeah I just ignored it. My wife was cool with my buying a C7 and has never complained. I am trying to surprise her with a Wrangler which is a vehicle she has wanted her whole life. I have driven nothing but manual sports cars since we have been married and she has never complained and enjoys driving a manual too. She has been stuck driving minivans for the last 10+ years due to kids and the fact that we take lots of road trips.

She actually encourages me to go to the track becasue she knows I love it.

I am still not sure I will sell the C7. I need to drive the Mustang and Camaro again but I have always wanted to own a Mustang so there is a draw to the car. In all honesty, I should have bought a Mustang vs the C7. This year the after school activities have exploded and my wife and I are basically shuttling kids around Mon-Sat almost every evening making the C7 less practical.

It is what it is.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
We are keeping the Odyssey. It's brand new (2018) and we need it when the whole family takes trips and it is a very safe vehicle. ...
Sorry for the sidetrack, but what other minivans did you cross-shop against the Odyssey? I like minivans because they do a little of everything pretty well.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The corvette C7 Z51 produces 460 Hp. The corvette has that low end grunt and rev matching on the 7 speed. I think the 18 GT is fast approaching a good street machine like the C7. I know the price is also getting closer. Got to drive one someday.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Sorry for the sidetrack, but what other minivans did you cross-shop against the Odyssey? I like minivans because they do a little of everything pretty well.
Mostly the Chrysler Pacifica. The Toyota Sienna was just too long in the tooth and no Apple Carplay which is something my wife and I both use all the time.

Really liked the Pacifica. But both my local dealers are just terrible and I was worried about reliabilty and service. This is our third Odyssey and our local Honda dealer gave us way more money on our Odyssey trade-in negating any cost benefit of the Pacifica.

I would cross shop the new Odyssey and Pacifica for sure. It was a toss up, we really liked both. The one thing we did not like about the Pacifica was with their stow and go seating for the second row the seats cushioning was much thinner than the Odyssey and a lot less comfortable. We do lots of road trips and the new Odyssey feels like a luxury car. With the new 10 speed auto it does 0-60 in under 7 seconds and even has paddle shifters. Crazy.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The corvette C7 Z51 produces 460 Hp. The corvette has that low end grunt and rev matching on the 7 speed. I think the 18 GT is fast approaching a good street machine like the C7. I know the price is also getting closer. Got to drive one someday.
I also love that Ford offers performance upgrades that won't affect your warranty.

I think where I am most intersted in driving the new Mustang is the handling feel. I don't mind giving up a little low end power and I come from a long line of higher revving lower power cars (I have owned three rotary RX-7's). A high revving V8 is like nectar from the gods :)

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Mostly the Chrysler Pacifica. The Toyota Sienna was just too long in the tooth and no Apple Carplay which is something my wife and I both use all the time.

Really liked the Pacifica. But both my local dealers are just terrible and I was worried about reliabilty and service. This is our third Odyssey and our local Honda dealer gave us way more money on our Odyssey trade-in negating any cost benefit of the Pacifica.

I would cross shop the new Odyssey and Pacifica for sure. It was a toss up, we really liked both. The one thing we did not like about the Pacifica was with their stow and go seating for the second row the seats cushioning was much thinner than the Odyssey and a lot less comfortable. We do lots of road trips and the new Odyssey feels like a luxury car. With the new 10 speed auto it does 0-60 in under 7 seconds and even has paddle shifters. Crazy.
Yeah, it always comes down to those two platforms.
I would not be able to (i.e. want to) afford a new one, though. How old should I go, do you think? It would be a winter, and vacay, vehicle.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yeah, it always comes down to those two platforms.
I would not be able to (i.e. want to) afford a new one, though. How old should I go, do you think? It would be a winter, and vacay, vehicle.
Honda's have higher resale value so you may get a newer and more modern Chrysler. We had a 2013 Odyssey and it was bullet proof. The only thing I did was regular maitenance and I changed the brakes myself at 70K miles. My 2006 Odyssey was the same way but that generation was known for transmission issues.

I don't know your budget but if you could get a used Pacifica I would jump on it. Also look into the Kia Sedona. I rented one and it was pretty nice and I am sure used ones are much cheaper than Odysseys.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Honda's have higher resale value so you may get a newer and more modern Chrysler. We had a 2013 Odyssey and it was bullet proof. The only thing I did was regular maitenance and I changed the brakes myself at 70K miles. My 2006 Odyssey was the same way but that generation was known for transmission issues.

I don't know your budget but if you could get a used Pacifica I would jump on it. Also look into the Kia Sedona. I rented one and it was pretty nice and I am sure used ones are much cheaper than Odysseys.
Have a 2001 T&C now, it's pretty much rusted out. Still runs pretty good. Original owner. But for a winter car, who doesn't want heated seats and remote start? Mine doesn't have that.

160,000 Pacifica's just recalled. Minor problem - occasionally the engine stalls. :lol:

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
A little out on the edge of the conversation...
everyone is right, c7 doesn't = Mustang... BUT, $10k supercharger, $5-7k suspension/tires... and I think the fun may tip the other way and still cost the same but on schedule that suits you.

We will never (probably) be as light as a corvette, but that sure would make up for it :D

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I love what the SS is, but 100% cannot get over the fact that it looks like a rental car. Definitely has the sleeper factor though. I raced a modded one in my C7 and we were neck and neck.

I also think the ATS-V is a cool car too, but I prefer a more sporty car. Because I own a Checy I qualify for some nice discounts on Camaro's but I need to drive one again. I just don't love the exterior looks and visinility. I thikn the Mustang is a much better looking car.
No way id trade a C7 for a mustang GT unless maybe a Shelby like the next gt500.
I'd go with a slightly used hellcat charger in your situation. They can be had for around $50k slightly used.

While I really like what they did with the 2018 GT, I wouldn't trade my 6gen 2ss camaro for one either.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
No way id trade a C7 for a mustang GT unless maybe a Shelby like the next gt500.
I'd go with a slightly used hellcat charger in your situation. They can be had for around $50k slightly used.

While I really like what they did with the 2018 GT, I wouldn't trade my 6gen 2ss camaro for one either.
Drove the Hellcat Charger before I bought the Vette and the car is just not for me. Liked the power but it's just too big. I don't think it will even fit in my garage!

I love the C7, but when I only logged about 4k miles on the car over the past year and almost double that on the Fit due to backseat it just sucks. If I could keep the Vette and have another really fun car with a backseat I would. But the whole point is to sell the Fit and buy a Wrangler for my wife (I will drive it too but much prefer a sportscar to anything else).

I dunno. May still keep the Vette if the 18 Mustang is not doing it for me. Thought about an M2 but can get a Gt350 for the same price. Some great deals on 17 SS Camaros near me but they just don't interest me. I still will test drive one.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Drove the Hellcat Charger before I bought the Vette and the car is just not for me. Liked the power but it's just too big. I don't think it will even fit in my garage!

I love the C7, but when I only logged about 4k miles on the car over the past year and almost double that on the Fit due to backseat it just sucks. If I could keep the Vette and have another really fun car with a backseat I would. But the whole point is to sell the Fit and buy a Wrangler for my wife (I will drive it too but much prefer a sportscar to anything else).

I dunno. May still keep the Vette if the 18 Mustang is not doing it for me. Thought about an M2 but can get a Gt350 for the same price. Some great deals on 17 SS Camaros near me but they just don't interest me. I still will test drive one.
You will know what's for you after test driving. I can understand the charger being too big for some, was just thinking of a practical, powerful car that wasn't a downgrade. Have you considered the ZL1?? A little less practical than the stang but an amazing performance value.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Yeah I just ignored it. My wife was cool with my buying a C7 and has never complained. I am trying to surprise her with a Wrangler which is a vehicle she has wanted her whole life. I have driven nothing but manual sports cars since we have been married and she has never complained and enjoys driving a manual too. She has been stuck driving minivans for the last 10+ years due to kids and the fact that we take lots of road trips.

She actually encourages me to go to the track becasue she knows I love it.

I am still not sure I will sell the C7. I need to drive the Mustang and Camaro again but I have always wanted to own a Mustang so there is a draw to the car. In all honesty, I should have bought a Mustang vs the C7. This year the after school activities have exploded and my wife and I are basically shuttling kids around Mon-Sat almost every evening making the C7 less practical.

It is what it is.
I assume your wife has driven a Wrangler too and not just wants them for eye candy?
Because they're one of the worst riding vehicles I've ever encountered. I'd take an Odyssey any day over a Wrangler.

OP
OP

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I assume your wife has driven a Wrangler too and not just wants them for eye candy?
Because they're one of the worst riding vehicles I've ever encountered. I'd take an Odyssey any day over a Wrangler.
Yes she has. Grew up in Utah with lots of Wranglers in her life and trips to Moab. They have some cool courses here where we live and you learn how to off-road with your Jeep.

I am going to buy the new 18 JL model Wangler that is noticeably improved in terms of ride quality, road noise, features, etc. Just talked to a dealer and they will do 5% under invoice on all new JL orders.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Have a 2001 T&C now, it's pretty much rusted out. Still runs pretty good. Original owner. But for a winter car, who doesn't want heated seats and remote start? Mine doesn't have that.

160,000 Pacifica's just recalled. Minor problem - occasionally the engine stalls. :lol:
Just bought the Pacifica hybrid. It's pretty awesome, but I'm a sucker for minivans, station wagons, hatches, or anything with cool packaging gimmicks.

One good and bad thing about the hybrid is that the stow-n-go on the second row gets eliminated due to the battery location. The benefit is you get more comfortable seats.

Keeping my fingers crossed for reliability.

The GT350 is a great daily driver as well. More expensive than a normal GT of course, but with the magneride it can be very comfortable. Fuel economy is probably the biggest negative, especially if you have a long commute, but other than that it is really good. I have 27,000 miles on mine. Gotta be OK with engine vibrations though.

-T
Sponsored