Sponsored

Throwing Codes But Running Fine - Serious?

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Check engine light came on a few days ago, just pulled the codes:

P0710 - trans temp sensor
P1259 - Immobilizer to PCM
P1519 - IMRC fault, or stuck closed
P0113 - IA High Input
P0118 - Coolant High Input

Is there a single point failure that would cause all of these? Car is running strong and monitoring the gauges I'm not seeing anything unusual.

I'll be taking it in to get sorted on warranty but am wondering if anyone has some input.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Check engine light came on a few days ago, just pulled the codes:

P0710 - trans temp sensor
P1259 - Immobilizer to PCM
P1519 - IMRC fault, or stuck closed
P0113 - IA High Input
P0118 - Coolant High Input

Is there a single point failure that would cause all of these? Car is running strong and monitoring the gauges I'm not seeing anything unusual.

I'll be taking it in to get sorted on warranty but am wondering if anyone has some input.
All electronic sensors and all reading high voltage, Seems like a short in the engine bay harness to me. I would look for damage anywhere in the wiring starting from the PCM on the front right side of the engine bay.

OP
OP

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well shit! That would qualify as pretty serious.

Straight to the shop when I land at the airport then.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Well shit! That would qualify as pretty serious.

Straight to the shop when I land at the airport then.
Since the engine is running fine,it's probably intermittent and can be a simple as an improperly tightened ground strap, so you shouldn't be in panic mode. (Did you mount a CAI? that ground strap under intake box can cause a bunch of problems if not mounted properly). In any case it needs to be sorted right away, shorts get worse over time and eventually will either damage something or in the worst case, cause an electrical fire if it's damaged insulation arcing out on something.

I had an alternator fire on an old car due to frayed wiring, Fortunately I only needed to replace the alternator and buy a new pigtail and wire to rebuild the harness but it could have been much worse.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I had an alternator fire on an old car due to frayed wiring, Fortunately I only needed to replace the alternator and buy a new pigtail and wire to rebuild the harness but it could have been much worse.
Wow, I've been tempted to take the hood insulation out to reveal the running pony logo underneath. Makes me think twice about this, especially with an aluminum hood :eyebulge:

Sponsored

OP
OP

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've got my hood insulation out.

The car has been parked at the airport since I posted and it'll be another two weeks before I can get it to the shop. I'll report back then.

OP
OP

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well I took it in and they wouldn’t even look at it due to the tune. Called FP who advised me to flash back to stock and go again.

I did that so am now waiting for the codes to come back.

Checked the ground cable and no issues there.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Well I took it in and they wouldn’t even look at it due to the tune. Called FP who advised me to flash back to stock and go again.

I did that so am now waiting for the codes to come back.

Checked the ground cable and no issues there.
Did you tell them you have the FP tune which is warrantied? Assuming your car is still under the 36k FP warranty. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse. A tune will not cause an electrical issue.

OP
OP

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did you tell them you have the FP tune which is warrantied? Assuming your car is still under the 36k FP warranty. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse. A tune will not cause an electrical issue.
Yes I did. Was like talking to a wall.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes I did. Was like talking to a wall.
I would find another Dealer who knows what the hell they are doing.

If you have a legit installation of the Ford Performance Tune, they cannot “deny” or decline warranty work for a part that is sold by Ford, that is authorized by Ford, has to to be installed by Ford and is also Warranteed by Ford.

If it were me, I’d call the Ford 800 Customer Service line and report that Dealership as declining you legit Service, when fact of the matter is, they should have worked on the car IF there were no other determining factors for the decline (ie: other major aftermarket modifications excluding the Ford Tune).

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I would find another Dealer who knows what the hell they are doing.

If you have a legit installation of the Ford Performance Tune, they cannot “deny” or decline warranty work for a part that is sold by Ford, that is authorized by Ford, has to to be installed by Ford and is also Warranteed by Ford.

If it were me, I’d call the Ford 800 Customer Service line and report that Dealership as declining you legit Service, when fact of the matter is, they should have worked on the car IF there were no other determining factors for the decline (ie: other major aftermarket modifications excluding the Ford Tune).

+1
Sponsored