Sponsored

Resonator Delete on a 2018?

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have done it, what did you put in its place and how did it impact tone and volume? I love the sound of the factory set up (non active exhaust) and don't want to screw it up, just make it a bit louder.
Sponsored

pwnall1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I can't even hear my 2018? Mines a base mt82.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=x6IV3kWskNs;t=22[/MEDIA]"]

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
For those who have done it, what did you put in its place and how did it impact tone and volume? I love the sound of the factory set up (non active exhaust) and don't want to screw it up, just make it a bit louder.
I'm in the same boat...All we hear in those videos is outside sound.

I don't care this much about outside sound.

I want to know how it sounds inside the cabin.

I want to know if there is drone at highway/constant speed

My GT is my DD and I don't want drone or something too loud during trips...

It seems there is a noticeable difference between Xpipe and H pipes, H pipe being quieter.

I suppose we'll have to ask to current owner to do us favors and do videos from inside and at constant speed.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat...All we hear in those videos is outside sound.

I don't care this much about outside sound.

I want to know how it sounds inside the cabin.

I want to know if there is drone at highway/constant speed

My GT is my DD and I don't want drone or something too loud during trips...

It seems there is a noticeable difference between Xpipe and H pipes, H pipe being quieter.

I suppose we'll have to ask to current owner to do us favors and do videos from inside and at constant speed.
One of thing to keep in mind is that it's exceedingly difficult to capture sound levels and tone in the cabin close to real life without expensive equipment. Resonance is also hard/impossible to get.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
X/H pipe will add a little sound at most I would expect even on the new setups. Adding just an H pipe added a little sound for myself. Wasn’t until installing ABs that it got very loud. It is just something you have to try for yourself. Deleting the resonator is great though as that thing is heavy.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The weight difference between the resonator and an X pipe was like 9 lbs. IIRC. For me the X pipe increases just the right amount of volume without drone on the highway. It also adds zero HP according to my back-to-back dyno runs. I would definitely do it again.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I love the sound of the factory set up (non active exhaust) and don't want to screw it up, just make it a bit louder.
Sounds like you just need to replace the resonator with an H-pipe and be done with it. That will give you the bit of extra sound you want, save weight, won't have drone. :thumbsup:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I have the SVE X-pipe. It adds little to no sound under normal operation (steady state), and about 30-40% more volume at cold start and on hard acceleration. It also adds 25% more rasp on acceleration. Interior sounds are still low, as Ford did a great job with sound deadening with these cars.
One thing I will add, is that the back clamps that come with most of these x-pipe setups suck for proper sealing. I tried multiple times and positions to get a good seal, but always had a small leak. After screwing with it, I ended up taking it to a local shop for alignment and welding. Only cost $40, luckily.

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
I have the SVE X-pipe. It adds little to no sound under normal operation (steady state), and about 30-40% more volume at cold start and on hard acceleration. It also adds 25% more rasp on acceleration. Interior sounds are still low, as Ford did a great job with sound deadening with these cars.
One thing I will add, is that the back clamps that come with most of these x-pipe setups suck for proper sealing. I tried multiple times and positions to get a good seal, but always had a small leak. After screwing with it, I ended up taking it to a local shop for alignment and welding. Only cost $40, luckily.
Great, this is this kind of feedback I was looking for :cheers:

In the case it's too much for me, I figured out that I can still put back stock resonator for long trips.
Sponsored