Sponsored

Tips on removing the Pony logo from the Steering Wheel

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
So question on this - is that thing going to impede the airbag? or better yet punch you square in the nose in an accident?
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
It is attached only to the side that blows out toward the passenger door. In theory this will fly open to the left side of the airbag opening. This is only a theory as I do not have airbags laying around to test this. It is a calculated risk, one of which I am willing to take. It does not impede the opening of the airbag. It should stick to that side of the precut. Ideally, not getting into an airbag deployment is my goal.

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
would have left it like the initial photo. that one looks great.

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
I need to do this!!!

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
It does look pretty good and you can customize it however you like it. PM me and I will give you all the info and contacts to do this.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So that is how you did that. I saw your posts on the cjpp steering wheel thread, big help with the paddle shifter removal video btw. I think I'll try this for the tribar pony logo. But where to find someone with a lathe.

I know you said that you bought the mirror in Walmart, do you happen to remember what brand it was or any stick on mirror will do?

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
I have access to a lathe or water jet or what ever... lol even a laser engraver if needed. Thinking of doing the Imperial Symbol for mine (not that new First Order crap)

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Fuse, thank you for the compliments. Always great to share experiences and tips on the forum! Sent you a PM explaining more but, for everyone else, the mirror brand was Custom Accessories, Model #71128RV available at Walmart. CAUTION: Only buy the one with the blue corner that says "RV Accessories" and tiny RV picture on the front. The other ones are all white and carry the same part number. Blue ones a plastic and the white ones are glass!

Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
looks cool and a very neat idea, but as another stated earlier my luck it'd go off and make me uglier, and trust me I don't need the help...

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Since I can't ever leave thing alone until I am sure it is perfect, here is my latest version. I added the "P-51" as well as "MUSTANG" to the disc and painted this version in Guard to match the car. Hope you like. Because everything is on the inside it is like having over a dozen layers of perfect clearcoat:headbang:
Looks very professional. Good job. Did you remove the air bag cover or attach on top of the pony logo?

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Thanks! Did not have to remove the airbag, just held on by automotive grade double-sided tape but, only for the left side and tail of the pony. In the first page of this thread you can see what the underside of the airbag looks like and the break line for deployment. "Should" stay with that side and not fly off into my face during deployment. Of course, not having it go off in the first place is the real goal. When I sell the car, I will take it off and it will be a souvenir for me. I like to keep a small part of what I changed on my cars.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Thanks! Did not have to remove the airbag, just held on by automotive grade double-sided tape but, only for the left side and tail of the pony. In the first page of this thread you can see what the underside of the airbag looks like and the break line for deployment. "Should" stay with that side and not fly off into my face during deployment. Of course, not having it go off in the first place is the real goal. When I sell the car, I will take it off and it will be a souvenir for me. I like to keep a small part of what I changed on my cars.
I saw that post showing the back side of the removed airbag cover so I wasn't sure if that's what you had done. Thanks for the clarification. Once again. Well Done!

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
$6.99 EBAY horn button, Dremel, double sided tape and hot glue gun. About an hour in time.
hornbutton.jpg
Sponsored