5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I think lighter tint is fine on everything...although I will think about the headlights. [MENTION=21364]Rustang[/MENTION] I do like the Big Worm tint better because, like you said, its thicker so easier to work with, AND, bonus, thicker will give some impact protection...ok now I am leaning toward headlight tint, lol. [MENTION=28654]Nagare[/MENTION]...I see it a little better in that pic...I'd still like a dead on side shot...but, from what I've seen, kinda cool.
Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I have no issue with you feeling safer not tinting your headlights or tails, all I am saying is the same legal repercussions are there for side markers. Knew a guy that shaved his out on an older C10 resto and a guy turned into him and claimed he didn't see him and was deemed not at fault as the lack of side markers was considered defective equipment. Total BS but it happened. Another example could be someone hits you parked on the street because they didn't see your car with the blacked out reflective markers. Less likely yes but it can happen, just putting it out there.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What we really need is a factory option like what GM offers for the Camaro with their "Dark Finish Tail Lamps". It looks great on their HBM and various dark color cars and I bet it'd be a popular pickup on Mustangs.

[MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] for now this one is the best I've got, I might have a few on the actual camera but I forgot to bring it in tonight. I like that it isn't a huge attention grabber, but when you notice it, it just adds to the black accents.
IMG_20180115_130527.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
AHHH now I see them! hehe...ok those are nice...I like them

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
There's a silver/gray style of em too, but like you guys all told me when I added my original fender accents...go black.

Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Ford's black appearance package offers taillights with a very slight smoke appearance but it's not much and swapping taillights is expensive in these cars.

Nagare you mentioned getting black lugs which will look great finishing off the look just make sure you get the bigger ones so you don't end up with the silver ring showing up on the wheels.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Hey all...I requested some photoshop (thanks to [MENTION=7421]chrisvr6[/MENTION]) of caliper colors for our cars. I wanted your thoughts on which looks best. I know we discussed this before but now we actually have some pics for reference. Let the voting begin! The last two are my favorites so far with the darker red in the lead...copy and paste the one you like best in your replies.
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I only see the one in your post (edit » they're up now), but from his post I'd say yellow takes the cake.

Whatever color you do go with, make sure to get a new 5.0 dot from Zombie.

While I was taking pictures of my car yesterday, a Russian guy started talking to me and pointed out his car which had "illusion orange" calipers, definitely looked neat there but might be too bright on ours.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a stealth guy and like the black.

Sponsored

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
first of all thanks for doing this poll!!!! :clap2: I had the same question .

I like these 2.
I agree on these two. I am putting in my order for for a lightening blue GT vert w/ the black out package this weekend. First the ceramic coating then I think i am going to go with the blue calipers. :coolphotos:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I agree on these two. I am putting in my order for for a lightening blue GT vert w/ the black out package this weekend. First the ceramic coating then I think i am going to go with the blue calipers. :coolphotos:
Nice!!!
Which ceramic coating? I had Cquartz Finest applied to my truck and it's awesome. Easy to maintain and truck is always very bright and glossy.

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
Nice!!!
Which ceramic coating? I had Cquartz Finest applied to my truck and it's awesome. Easy to maintain and truck is always very bright and glossy.
I have not figured out what I am going to coat it with? I might DIY with w Cquartz of 9h off of amazon
Sponsored