Sponsored

LIGHTNING BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=11047]PortalMaker[/MENTION] could you take a pic of the whole back of the car? Me thinks there may be an 18 rear bumper in the future since my 17 is just a base.
And since you're swapping that out, then you just have to get a new exhaust with quad tips because otherwise it won't look right.

...and...

Here's an updated pic of my car. Yesterday I put on a black GT spoiler and today I swapped on a set of the Dark Stainless Premium wheels I grabbed from someone local and sprayed black to see what I thought of it...I absolutely love the way they look.

Next small mod might be the Anchor Room sidemarker blackout for the headlight, that orange sticks out like a sore thumb now.

edit » You might also be able to faintly make out California special style stripes at the bottom too, they didn't go on as well as I hoped so I'm just going to see if I notice the flaws in regular day to day goings on and make a decision on whether I keep those, only did the driver side so far. I bought the kit mostly for the hood spears so I'm happy I didn't try and mess those up!
IMG_20180114_163005.jpg
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
You have no idea how close that pic is to my Dad's place...he's on Ponce De Leon :)
I'm liking the wheels, but, BLACK LUGS!!!! Hehe. And that Shell station, last I was there two years ago, actually has attendants...couldn't believe it!
I agree about the front orange marker...need to take care of that myself...after I do the OPT7 turn signals. Was thinking smoked DD rear side markers and maybe some light tail tint...we'll see. So much to do, lol...SCT x4 is on it's way need to buy tune...oil change coming soon...new grill...paint calipers..........
Oh ya, fyi, coming down at Easter. I want to see those hood spears when you get them on....hard to tell about the bottom stripe, need a better pic.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I thought black lugs...right after I put everything on. I checked Offerup and there is a guy selling a set of black lugs with keys in the area for $30 and I'm sure he'd probably take $20 if that's what I offered.

For the lights, Anchor Room seems to have a good kit (along with American Muscle). However, I don't really want to make my tail lights too dark so I don't know if I'll go with that route.

I'm thinking:
- Headlight amber corner blackout
- Rear sidemarker vinyl tint (standard tint color)
- Rear bumper marker lens tint

Looking at their two images of the headlight tints (first is standard, second is light), they are both too dark for my tastes.
IMG_4675%20copy.jpg
IMG_4675%20copy_L.jpg

I've thought about the DD sidemarkers (they look nice!) but I can get most of the look with just the tint and save $54 in the process (Lethal can hook you up with a good deal on them). Here are some shots of them (on a Lightning Blue) from a guy on reddit.

The Opt7's look very nice too, not quite in the "eh why not" price range yet so I'll be waiting on a good deal for those.

I've got my SCT sitting in its box under my bed too, saw it for $175 local and snapped it up, bought the MPT tunes too, but am waiting for a while to make sure there are no engine issues that creep up at all. I got an extended warranty plan on the car so I don't want to completely waste that!

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Agree, no headlight tint for me...don't want the PoPo messing with me and that's why I was thinking a light tint out back...not sure yet. The Opt7's did have a black Friday deal but only 10%...don't think they go lower than that..PM coming your way about that ;)
Eh, warranty...about the only thing that I can warranty now is the motor and tranny...might as well go all in lol...plus they have to prove the mod broke something...but anything motor-wise and tune, your done for, lol.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly why I'm slightly hesitant on the tune going on right now. I know 95% or more of people have no issues with an MPT tune, but I've also never heard of anyone else driving on regular roads (no construction or other bs going on) ending up with 4 tires needing to be replaced in less than 18 months so if it happens, it usually is to me.

I still love the lowered look so there's no way I regret doing that and I'm sure I won't regret the tune as soon as that gets flashed either. Also probably going to get a ported throttle body at some point before that.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I figured by 8k miles if nothing has gone wrong, I feel fairly confident a tune will not kill the motor if I treat the motor right. Bro, when I was down there I was almost regretting all my suspension upgrades...the roads f'n suck down there, at least near the coast (A1A/US1). I swear my suspension makes more noise now since I was down there, lol.
Not sure how much porting the TB will net you vs cost but I'd research that.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My way to work on Oakland Park/Powerline is awful and the lot at work is riddled with pot holes but I've managed to avoid them so far.

For the TB, a lot of the V6 guys have done a GT TB swap but that requires changing a few other things associated with the intake which I'm not too keen on right now either. I've sent a few emails out about it to see if a local shop will take care of it at a decent price, otherwise it is just something that will sit on the backburner.

And I don't know if I mentioned it, but the stuff i put on this weekend has all been a nice first birthday gift to the car. I got her exactly one year ago today.

In fact, here's the very first picture I took at 8:32PM on January 14, 2017 when I got her with 11.3 miles (probably 7 of which were my test drive).
IMG_20170114_203213.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Awwww, a baby picture! Hehe :thumbsup:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Detailing Products buy day.

Had to get her some products to clean her up. Damm dusty days here in SFLA.
Great weather, cool temps, sunny but a lot of wind. :mad:
IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I feel ya on that one...hoping to do some detailing this weekend.

Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
For you guys looking at tint for your lights I would recommend you give Big Worm a look. Not as cheap as the Anchor room stuff but it's good thick tint that is easy to work with. The have a very light color called "tint that I got and it just gives the headlights and tails enough to tone them down and look good but not enough to catch any attention from the man.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Don't you worry about tinting your lights and then something happens any they say they couldn't see you because your lights were tinted? They look great, but don't want to deal with idiots..

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
One of the nice shots I was able to get in today before the evening rain ruined my detailing efforts from the weekend.

Bill, you can kinda make out the rocker stripe here on the driver side. Still going to wait on the passenger side, maybe I'll see if someone at the swap shop can handle it and the hood spears.
IMG_20180115_130330.jpg

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Don't you worry about tinting your lights and then something happens any they say they couldn't see you because your lights were tinted? They look great, but don't want to deal with idiots..
No I don't worry, mine are so light they most likely wouldn't notice and if the did they are well within the state requirements for light output and visibility. I would not feel the same way about the dark blacked out tints a lot of people have. Also I wonder why most people worry about the headlights and tails but then have no issue tinting the side markers as they are there for visibility and could carry the same repercussions.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Because nobody says "oh I didn't see his sidemarker lights" as the excuse they drove in to the back of your car or turned ahead of you through an intersection. Those get blamed on tail/head lights not being visible enough. Our tails are mighty bright even through the dark films if brakes are engaged, but it still could be a cop out that results in a portion/all of the accident being your fault for insurance purposes.
Sponsored