Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Afternoon all

Car went in for work today. Injen CAI fitted, Airaid throttle body spacer fitted and sound tube removed and the fire wall end of the Boomba racing kit used.

Took the car for a quick drive down to Fyshwick on the Madura Park freeway. The cabin is quieter now in cruise mode and the exhaust note is where it should be. I have the AWE 3 inch touring exhaust fitted and if anything the sound is deeper.

I have heard people say that they can hear the whistle from the throttle body spacer - I can't but that could just be me and I'm not unhappy about it. I think the airaid spacer is the one that tickford use. There is a subtle positive change in throttle response which is nice as well.

The CAI fits very very well in the bay and looks good and OEM (winner). Currently the ECU is trying to figure out what do do with the increased airflow and so the CAI and spacer combined I think will improve economy plus make the car nice to shift up and down in traffic with a more responsive right pedal. Well that's my initial impression anyway.

Work was done by JAX in Mitchell Canberra. Really first class job and a very professional team. Total time was an hour and a half for the three mods at a very reasonable price. Pics to follow from the install when JAX provide them to me in the next day or so. One very happy camper. :)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
It looks easy to use. Would you recommend it?
It's the best (non-professional) option out there by a long shot.

Colour match is spot on and, if applied correctly, you don't get the raised 'blobs' that most touch up paints leave.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Installed BMR CB005 cradle lockout and front brace CB006. Also added Steeda subframe alignment kit and billet shock mounts.

[/url]IMG_3408 by Michael, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_3404 by Michael, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_3403 by Michael, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_3402 by Michael, on Flickr[/IMG]

Reasonably straight forward install. Little bit of jiggling with pry bar to get cradle bolts in with CB005 and alignment sleeves.

Shock mount sits below pins in chassis (unlike stock item) so slightly harder to align to get bolts in - although hardly worth mentioning except at first we thought we had it on upside down, but that's how it is.

Front brace CB006 - needed to knock out tags where bolts go through but very easy.

Car feels more solid and planted on road with that secondary oscillation gone from the back end after minor asymmetric bumps. Need to test more but no wheel hop so far. Looking like a good combo of mods.

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Nice work Michael, I've got the same coming for my car as well as SP089/82. Clearly great minds are at work.

I understood the CB005 - among other things - aligned the cradle. Was the jiggling required because the sub frame alignment kit was fighting with the CB005 about which was the more correct location, or was the alignment kit just creating a bit of interference?

Cheers

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Nice work Michael, I've got the same coming for my car as well as SP089/82. Clearly great minds are at work.

I understood the CB005 - among other things - aligned the cradle. Was the jiggling required because the sub frame alignment kit was fighting with the CB005 about which was the more correct location, or was the alignment kit just creating a bit of interference?

Cheers
Didn't feel the alignment sleeves were causing any problems and the jiggling was just that - no major shoving. Of the four big blue bolts (that you don't want to cross thread) it was only the front passenger one that was more difficult to get in.

Really like these springs (SP089/82). I've had them in over 15 months now and couldn't be happier with the stance whilst still practical and the handling whilst still comfortable. I see BMR do them as a specific kit now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Nice work Michael..:thumbsup:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Really like these springs (SP089/82). I've had them in over 15 months now and couldn't be happier with the stance whilst still practical and the handling whilst still comfortable. I see BMR do them as a specific kit now.
Yes they intro'd the kit just as I was buying mine but Summit didn't stock it. Good to know the ride is ok I'm tenuous about the springs in terms of comfort but the minimal increase in rate and drop was what persuaded me to give them a go. If they're not as comfortable as the stockers they may well come off, but I'll do the mounts first and then the springs.

Are you comtemplating the RLCA bushings and vertical links? I'm favouring the RLCA ahead of the vertical links in the order of things.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Yes they intro'd the kit just as I was buying mine but Summit didn't stock it. Good to know the ride is ok I'm tenuous about the springs in terms of comfort but the minimal increase in rate and drop was what persuaded me to give them a go. If they're not as comfortable as the stockers they may well come off, but I'll do the mounts first and then the springs.

Are you comtemplating the RLCA bushings and vertical links? I'm favouring the RLCA ahead of the vertical links in the order of things.
The springs are great, seriously. Once they're on, you won't be taking them off again. Very comfortable with a perfect stance.

Any other changes to the rear might tip the ride comfort meter into the negative without sufficient gains for my needs. Whilst I take the car to a track occasionally, I don't want a race car.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Changed those ugly halogen DRL bulbs to LED, much better now and only took 10 minutes

Scstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Guard V8 manual
I finally got around to replacing the standard rear speakers with some Morel units and the clarity has improved a lot. It took a bit longer than I thought and with Melbourne weather at the moment there were several drink breaks. I ended up modifying the factory plastic speaker support as the spacers supplied would not work, a dremel tool really helped with this job.

73F657D5-94BF-4B22-99FA-6BF6DC2D26FD.jpeg

5CACE65A-5231-4F65-A592-23CB81761F85.jpeg

61FA4EC2-D863-4AAE-9C9B-AC11B20AF723.jpeg

8FC46612-5870-4F51-A22B-BB441DAB5269.jpeg

9B428BC1-5539-4241-86A5-C247FDEB0E5F.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: