Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I am an Apple fan, and Apple maps suck. I had plenty of experiences with the app sending me to incorrect locations, sending me the "long way" enough to never use it again.

Not starting a debate, as i will stay with iPhone, but I prefer iPhone cause they (Apple) do not make money selling my data\personal info like Google and their app developers. I think that is shit and i have a serious problem with that. With one Droid device, you have the manufacturer (LG, Samsung, etc), then Google, then their apps selling your info repeatedly......Let alone the backdoors for hackers....I will stay with IOS.

I have a thing about my personal info being used and a bigger problem with it being used for other peoples profit. Now, with no net neutrality, its going to grow big time ("its" being your info and whomever's info is on your droid)
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I always hear iphone people not happy with apple maps, they spend money on new usb hub for nothing

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I always hear iphone people not happy with apple maps, they spend money on new usb hub for nothing
it works for me; in iOS 11 maps gets a big update

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
So I finally tried Android Auto after getting a Pixel phone, and boy am I hugely disappointed. I don't get the point of using it over Sync 3? Maybe I am doing it wrong? I love Google Maps, but beyond that, especially for Music, AA is terrible.

I have about 80GB of music on the phone sync'd down through Google Play Music app, but I can't browse artists, albums, songs, etc from AA? Seems like I am forced to use voice commands (which I hate), and need to speak every individual song I want to play.

That's fine if I have a few songs, but for a large library there is no way I remember every song I have. I just want to pull up the artists and their albums on the screen and browse what I want.

I can't do that? Is there another music app that can see my local MP3s on the phone, and let me browse my library while driving with AA?

Also, I knew going into AA that it locks the phone out while using AA, but man I didn't realize how much a bother that would be, especially sitting in traffic.
Obviously this is what they are trying to avoid while you are driving, You just have to know the voice commands.

Want to listen to an artist
Play "artist name"

Want to listen to a song
Play "song name"

Want to listen to an album
Play "album name"

Also on the artist and album you can always scroll through the list is just created by you asking for all the songs for that artist or that album.

[MENTION=16386]wsfrazier[/MENTION]

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I've been tinkering around with other music apps, and there are others that will let you browse by artists and albums like I wanted, but a lot of my music is with Google Play Music and it would be an annoying process to migrate my library other to another app.

But I am trying to slowly get used to using voice commands. Google's voice software does seem loads better on this Pixel phone compared to what I used on the past.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
With sync 3 sometimes i have Pandora in audio source and sometimes its not there.
Anyone know why?

android phone

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Awesome!!! i have a non navi 2016 5.0 and my wife drove it out to washington dc for me and the stupid dealership couldnt figure out how to upgrade the sync before she left.

I got it updated now and android auto works now off her phone to display the route on the touch screen in the car. Shes pretty excited it works on the dash now so she doesnt have to use her phone for navigation on the way home.

Only issue i had doing the update is it wouldnt work when i had my phome bluetoothed to the car. i had to shut the bluetooth off in order for the update to install.

dunno if that caused problems for anyone else but it works now so no worries.

thanks for the info everyone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome!!! i have a non navi 2016 5.0 and my wife drove it out to washington dc for me and the stupid dealership couldnt figure out how to upgrade the sync before she left.

I got it updated now and android auto works now off her phone to display the route on the touch screen in the car. Shes pretty excited it works on the dash now so she doesnt have to use her phone for navigation on the way home.

Only issue i had doing the update is it wouldnt work when i had my phome bluetoothed to the car. i had to shut the bluetooth off in order for the update to install.

dunno if that caused problems for anyone else but it works now so no worries.

thanks for the info everyone.

thanks for the info! im sure it will others.

[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] is there a separate forum for waze auto testers where they chat? im curious to know when this will be released for us "regular" people, beta seemed to work fine when I tested it

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
thanks for the info! im sure it will others.

When I use AA there are times when it shuts off and goes back to the standard Sync screen. To get it to reconnected I have to unplug it, although sometimes it reconnects by itself. I already reinstalled AA on my phone and also re-synced(is that a word) my phone to the car. I also thought about reinstalling AA on my Sync 3 using the link on this site, but not sure if that's something that's ok to do. Phone is a Samsung 6. Any ideas?
thanks

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
With sync 3 sometimes i have Pandora in audio source and sometimes its not there.
Anyone know why?

android phone
Prolly only works via either Bluetooth or usb with android auto or Apple Car play. In mine when I don't have my phone hooked via usb but have BT on it shows on Sync 3 under Sources. If I have Android Auto enabled it shows up in audio options
Sponsored