Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION]

go ahead add it:

Ford SYNC3 2.0 featuring Android Auto and Apple Carplay was a great success for Ford Motor Company. The SYNC3 system was announced late 2015 as the new upgrade for the 2016 model line-up. Featuring QNX by Blackberry, it promised new pinch-to-zoom capability and faster processor. The new 2.0 was announced mid-summer with the promise to make it available for download for the owners of previous version that did not have Apple Carplay and Android Auto by the end of summer. Ford did not make any announcement for the release date, but later mentioned that it would be available OTA (over the air) by the end of year 2016. By december Ford still had not made the software available for download which earned the frustration of anxious customers who were promised by their dealer about the upcoming update. In December of 2016, a few Ford employees found that in fact there was an update file lurking in the background of Ford's internal employee site with the version 2.2 with more improvements over the initial 2.0 release in June. Ford still hasn't made an announcement 3 months after their promised deadline and made an effort to take down all the download links in hopes to stop the spread of this unannounced update.:thumbsup:

how's that sound?

GtStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Any new update on this?

Any others still waiting for an official release? I'm still waiting, but not sure how much longer I can wait :frusty:

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any new update on this?

Any others still waiting for an official release? I'm still waiting, but not sure how much longer I can wait :frusty:
just do it yourself, you will not regret it, Ford will likely never actaully do an official release :tsk:

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
Any new update on this?

why are you waiting? just do it yourself - it's super easy

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I am waiting until I have my few pricey mods done and out of the way to see what my budget looks like before I do the unofficial update. This way I can determine if I have the money to pay for a new head unit if I brick mine by some chance. I did download a copy of the install file though so I am ready when the time comes incase links to it are hard to find.

There was a post earlier mentioning a bulletin sent to dealers regarding the update. This indicates that it should be in the "near" future. This could be when the 2018 is on showroom floors though. Who knows maybe ford is holding out to add more features to the software...maybe they'll give everyone who has waited full autonomous driving like Tesla via a software update. ;)

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I am waiting until I have my few pricey mods done and out of the way to see what my budget looks like before I do the unofficial update. This way I can determine if I have the money to pay for a new head unit if I brick mine by some chance. I did download a copy of the install file though so I am ready when the time comes incase links to it are hard to find.

There was a post earlier mentioning a bulletin sent to dealers regarding the update. This indicates that it should be in the "near" future. This could be when the 2018 is on showroom floors though. Who knows maybe ford is holding out to add more features to the software...maybe they'll give everyone who has waited full autonomous driving like Tesla via a software update. ;)
Of the 5 different forums I've been watching (mustang6g, mustangsource, f150, ford-trucks, focusrs) there has not been one single report of a bricked head unit.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Of the 5 different forums I've been watching (mustang6g, mustangsource, f150, ford-trucks, focusrs) there has not been one single report of a bricked head unit.
That can only mean the failures are so horrific they prevent the owners from reporting the outcome.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
you mean something like the car ejects you and runs you over as a pedestrian?
I guess Ford did at autonomous features as I predicted!

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
amazon music just updated and can be used in CP...sweet!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase