Sponsored

Honeywell making a new EBM intercooler?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. 3 month old press release, has anyone seen one for sale?

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I guess I have a hard time understanding why you wouldn't share this with a most active 6th gen Mustang owners community on the Internet...

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

spdracerUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Isn’t this one similar to the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler?

http://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-fmic-δcore-front-mount-intercooler/

Actually the cp-e looks better, it is also a stock-mount intercooler, it has a great finish and a larger overall volume compared to the Honeywell one (715 vs. 603 c.i. respectively).
Bigger is not always better. The cp-e having a larger volume core will slow down transient response a bit. So core size is going to depend on turbo size and therefore cooling requirement. Big turbo, big core. Smaller turbo, smaller core. Is the extra volume of the c-pe a benefit on a 'smaller' turbo? At some point, it will become a benefit, but debatable on stock or mild upgrade size turbos.

For those in Cali, the Honeywell Garrett IC is CARB approved.

spdracerUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Isn’t this one similar to the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler?

http://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-fmic-δcore-front-mount-intercooler/

Actually the cp-e looks better, it is also a stock-mount intercooler, it has a great finish and a larger overall volume compared to the Honeywell one (715 vs. 603 c.i. respectively).
Ford must be insulted....their turbo supplier says "your intercooler sucks...here's ours!" :lol:

The only install directions I've seen for the Garrett intercooler (upthread) showed that the installers ripped out the grill shutters. I'm wondering if the Garrett one will fit in with the grill shutters intact.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
All of the OEM location intercoolers will fit with the shutters in place, but will not perform as expected since the ECU will control the shutters while driving and potentially close off the airway to the intercooler. The only time you would have to pull them out would be with an intercooler that protrudes past the front radiator support.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Bigger is not always better. The cp-e having a larger volume core will slow down transient response a bit. So core size is going to depend on turbo size and therefore cooling requirement. Big turbo, big core. Smaller turbo, smaller core. Is the extra volume of the c-pe a benefit on a 'smaller' turbo? At some point, it will become a benefit, but debatable on stock or mild upgrade size turbos.

For those in Cali, the Honeywell Garrett IC is CARB approved.
Size matters and bigger is better when it comes to cooling down CATs. Up to a point I guess, as I am not referring to those huge race FMICs (Levels or ETS). I haven't noticed or read anywhere about boost pressure drop or transient response delay with the cp-e. I am sure that the Honeywell is a great piece of equipment and performs very well, but at least in my eyes it's also just another stock mount intercooler, similar to the Mishi and the cp-e ones (although a bit smaller). It's OK, it's good to have choices, competition creates better products and keeps prices down ;)

Mishimoto falls in between these two. 5.75"x5.28"x21.06" or 639 c.i. volume.
So even the Mishi FMIC has a larger core than the Honeywell one.

I suppose that if there is something that differentiates the Honeywell intercooler is the fact that it is made of aluminum, so it should be lighter. I am not a mechanical engineer though, so I don't know how aluminum behaves in cooling down air.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
The two above intercoolers mentioned are smaller in size the only two that is direct fit on stock location that move more air and have been proven by many on this forum ,1"" Cobb front mount""2 ,"" Injen intercoolers ""that have 0.5 percent drop in air pressure and agree 22x5.78x5.78 (740 ci) same size as above ,and size matters in cooling both the above mentioned are far Superior when it comes to moving air and c.a.t.s in this form.

On a budget I would only and say this not upset those that have a lower and smaller intercoolers ! "price" doe's play" sometimes comes at a cost in choking down the air to the motor..

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The two above intercoolers mentioned are smaller in size the only two that is direct fit on stock location that move more air and have been proven by many on this forum ,1"" Cobb front mount""2 ,"" Injen intercoolers ""that have 0.5 percent drop in air pressure and agree 22x5.78x5.78 (740 ci) same size as above ,and size matters in cooling both the above mentioned are far Superior when it comes to moving air and c.a.t.s in this form.

On a budget I would only and say this not upset those that have a lower and smaller intercoolers ! "price" doe's play" sometimes comes at a cost in choking down the air to the motor..
Que?
Sponsored