Sponsored

BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
i wish there was a 1" rear drop spring. I had perf springs on my 16 gt then I put on a 2.3 roush kit that lowered the front and gave it too much rake. I put in the min drop fronts in and it raised the front too much. I love the way the perf spring sat with the blower in the front I just wish I could drop the rear to be level. Dont think ill be able to without going coil over.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i wish there was a 1" rear drop spring. I had perf springs on my 16 gt then I put on a 2.3 roush kit that lowered the front and gave it too much rake. I put in the min drop fronts in and it raised the front too much. I love the way the perf spring sat with the blower in the front I just wish I could drop the rear to be level. Dont think ill be able to without going coil over.
You could add a rear spring spacer to level it. Steeda makes them. Remember that they raise the car double the thickness of the spacer.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Haven't gotten around to installing my 89/82 combo.. Wondering if you guys would be willing to swap out the 89's for a set of 81's??

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Haven't gotten around to installing my 89/82 combo.. Wondering if you guys would be willing to swap out the 89's for a set of 81's??
If they are still NIB, then yes that is definitely something we can do.

The best way to do it is to just order the new springs, and get and RMA# for the ones you want to return. :thumbsup:

Call me if you want to make that happen.

Sponsored

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
For the minimal drop springs, did everyone have to get the car re-aligned afterwards and can the factory equipment achieve proper alignment with that drop? I am coming from the SN95 days where basically any change in ride height required MM caster/camber plates.

I am probably going to wait until the new wheels (19x10) arrive before doing the springs so I don't have to go through the alignment process twice, if required.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For the minimal drop springs, did everyone have to get the car re-aligned afterwards and can the factory equipment achieve proper alignment with that drop? I am coming from the SN95 days where basically any change in ride height required MM caster/camber plates.

I am probably going to wait until the new wheels (19x10) arrive before doing the springs so I don't have to go through the alignment process twice, if required.
Yes, definitely get the car aligned afterwards. You will not need CC plates to do so, though they obviously don't hurt and can make for more precision and symmetry.

You won't need to realign after new wheels, so no reason to wait.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You don't think the increased width of the tires will impact the geometry any?
I know it doesn't :)

The change in offset will change the scrub radius and the wheel rates will change a marginal amount (because the tire center is more outboard), but the camber, caster, toe will all be the same.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I know it doesn't :)

The change in offset will change the scrub radius and the wheel rates will change a marginal amount (because the tire center is more outboard), but the camber, caster, toe will all be the same.
Huh, word. Well today I learned. I always thought changes in overall tire diameter/width would have an impact on alignment settings.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, word. Well today I learned. I always thought changes in overall tire diameter/width would have an impact on alignment settings.
Nope! Ride height, sure, but that's it.

latoracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 6-Speed, Recaro's, 600A
Before

IMG_0991.jpg

After

IMG_0998.jpg

These are the SP080 Setup.

After the alignment and a little settling, before and after measurements taken at the C/L of the wheel to the bottom of the fender / quarter.

Front- 28" / Rear- 28 1/4"
after
Front- 27"/ Rear- 28"

:headbang:

Last edited:

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
Handling springs and most of the catalog!
a4.jpg
a3.jpg
a2.jpg
a1.jpg

Dave_6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB Mustang GT PP
Think you've sold me on those wheels! Looks great!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.