Sponsored

Procharger Intake Manifold Shootout!!

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Looks like it picked up a nice chunk of whp/wtq from 5500-7500rpm and if they tightened up the low end to be about equal with the stock mani, then thats really solid! How much boost are you running? Might have even better gains with higher boost levels
Sniper is worth it for anyone on the fence about it, I was reading for weeks about all the mixed reviews. Couldn't decide between it or the Boss but I pick up a slightly used one with everything needed for $350. There is some low end loss 15-18 hp-tq under 4500rpms but just all gains from there on with a peak gain of 110 whp & 29 wtq at 7000rpms. Car is auto, Paxton 2200sl, 4.47 pulley, 6 inch fmic, headers, no cats, wastegated on 12lbs on 93. Peak numbers went from 661@6450 to 719@7000 STD all being the same with the set-up but the sniper.
So it's safe to say the stock mani was causing my noise dive in power after 6500rpm.
E85 & 15lbs is coming up shortly.

Edited: the car does have a 20% over drive also, I left that out of the mods list above. Hits pretty hard down low, comparable to a PD on the streets to be honest.
This is the full description ^ of the car buddy.
Here's a better sheet showing the before & after new peak power at 7000rpms. Right at 110 whp, if that don't put smile on your face doing a pull nothing will.
received_2002030176731727-1080x608.jpeg
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
At 3000 I lost 15/15 with the Shelby. By 4K difference was 0 in HP and about +10tq. And it went up from there. I grabbed my gt350 for 600 from a local guy upgrading to a CJ.

Last edited:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
This is the full description ^ of the car buddy.
Here's a better sheet showing the before & after new peak power at 7000rpms. Right at 110 whp, if that don't put smile on your face doing a pull nothing will.
Thanks for clarifying on your setup brotha...once you turn it up, it’s really going to pick up power up top! I’m honestly surprised it gained that much from just a manifold swap. Really makes me want to do it lol. Can you post an engine bay pic?

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Thanks for clarifying on your setup brotha...once you turn it up, it’s really going to pick up power up top! I’m honestly surprised it gained that much from just a manifold swap. Really makes me want to do it lol. Can you post an engine bay pic?
The car is on the dyno still in NC I'm in SC now but hopefully Monday I will have her back & will post a pic with the updated numbers.
I really am about positive that all the mixed reviews even with the boss are tune & tuner related. Playing with the cams degrees is such a huge factor in the where the power comes in & stays that if the tuner don't have a handle on what there they are doing by a few degrees the results can be totally different. Ken B @ PBD is my tuner, power delivery, drivablity & reliability are 2nd to none with this guy.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Makes me wonder how a cj does with a paxton.
From what I've seen, you need some modifications to get it to fit. The blower interferes with where the tb sits, so you need a spacer on the intake mani. Then you need a hood to get it to fit.

Good numbers for the sniper, I would've liked to see it keep making power past 7k. The boss makes peak 7700-7800. I don't have a chart to show, but my tuner had a boss centri car on his dyno last week and it peaked at 7800.

Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Good numbers for the sniper, I would've liked to see it keep making power past 7k. The boss makes peak 7700-7800. I don't have a chart to show, but my tuner had a boss centri car on his dyno last week and it peaked at 7800.
Yeah I was hoping it would carry to 7500 at least but it was dropping fast, went from 719 @ 6850ish to 701 @ 7000.
Do know how much the Boss picked up?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yeah I was hoping it would carry to 7500 at least but it was dropping fast, went from 719 @ 6850ish to 701 @ 7000.
Do know how much the Boss picked up?
I don't. Not sure if he had a baseline without boss to go off of.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I'm curious what the gains would be on my setup with a sniper/boss. I'm on a 3.33 and have no drop off at all (stock manifold).

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice gain from 7K on. I've recently bumped my redline to 7850 to see where my setup starts to lose steam but have been lazy on my fuel pump install. Might have to poke around the classifieds..
IMG_8074.jpg

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I'm curious what the gains would be on my setup with a sniper/boss. I'm on a 3.33 and have no drop off at all (stock manifold).

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice gain from 7K on. I've recently bumped my redline to 7850 to see where my setup starts to lose steam but have been lazy on my fuel pump install. Might have to poke around the classifieds..
I’m in the same boat although I haven’t dyno’d my car, but your graph is how my car feels. It pulls harder and harder towards redline (7680) and doesn’t feel like it fallls off even one bit. Would hate to buy the manifold, retune, lose low end and not gain much on the top end when I could just pulley down to 4 3/4” (sitting in my garage) and pick up power everywhere. The struggle is real lol

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I’m in the same boat although I haven’t dyno’d my car, but your graph is how my car feels. It pulls harder and harder towards redline (7680) and doesn’t feel like it fallls off even one bit. Would hate to buy the manifold, retune, lose low end and not gain much on the top end when I could just pulley down to 4 3/4” (sitting in my garage) and pick up power everywhere. The struggle is real lol
I think I’m in the sweet spot of the 2200SL. I don’t really want to overspin the 2200 much more so an intake would make sense in making the whole system more efficient. I’d imagine at the airflow levels of the F1 and Paxton that an intake might see serious gains. I’m probably going to give it a shot as my next step should realistically be a JT/YSi.

I’ve had a Sniper N/A, twice, and the TQ loss wasn’t too bad. I wouldn’t notice it in Mexico, and that’s all that matters, lol.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I think I’m in the sweet spot of the 2200SL. I don’t really want to overspin the 2200 much more so an intake would make sense in making the whole system more efficient. I’d imagine at the airflow levels of the F1 and Paxton that an intake might see serious gains. I’m probably going to give it a shot as my next step should realistically be a JT/YSi.

I’ve had a Sniper N/A, twice, and the TQ loss wasn’t too bad. I wouldn’t notice it in Mexico, and that’s all that matters, lol.
I can't really compare for you, because I had the boss before I got the blower. But a lot of the high hp builds (PBD, etc) use the boss. I haven't seen many stock intake cars with a graph like yours though. No reason why the boss wouldn't make more power.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT

I'm gonna be honest, that graph looks just like a Boss swap just from the blue & red lines lol (just better gains up top)
That's the best looking stock main pull I've seen, the 2nd best is Slamdcoop0428 dyno with his stock mani, most the others I have seen are 6500 face plant's

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels

Yea I see where you’re coming from in not wanting to spin the blower any faster and look for efficiency gains elsewhere. I was thinking if the sniper could make similar or greater gains as pin showed running more cfm at higher boost levels (but lowering boost from reduced back pressure) that should be a win/win making more power and reducing iat’s.

Glad to hear you didn’t see much torque loss from the sniper either. More than likely an intake manifold swap will be next for me, but I’m asking Santa to bring me a drag setup so I’ll keep an eye out for your results brotha.

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just thinking out loud here, but it would be fantastic to slap on a 18 manifold to add to the comparison data.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it would...
Sponsored