Sponsored

Why not SVT Cobra? I miss it.

Do you miss the SVT "Cobra" name?

• Yes, I think it would be cool to see it again.

Votes: 53 54.6%
  • I prefer GT350 that is currently "slated".

Votes: 44 45.4%

• Total voters

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Like the title says. I miss it. They made it for so many years, it would cool to see it back - and I think the new car fits the "look" required to be called a Cobra.

Anyone?
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I don't care about the name as long as the performance is kick ass. However, SVT COBRA sounds way better than GT350

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
If they don't use the Shelby name along with GT350 then I'd prefer SVT Cobra.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Couple years of the GT350 and then we'll see special editions Mach 1/Cobra etc....my guess.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I think the SVT Cobra is better for the street going versions. I think the GT350 should be reserved for a Z28 type stripped down race car with a title although I would prefer it to be a Boss 302 but a less tame version that really does the name justice. They kind of played out that name recently so I understand the GT350 name, just make it one nasty, harsh, loud, impractical BMFO. $65-70K for a GT350 that leaves no question who is number one, it has to be in the league of the C7. I would like to see a Mach 1 true to the '69 including the cool color pallet from that year. Mach 1 should be priced around the LE but be a loaded PP version with a special engine/tune. Ford already has the foundation to do these cars, we just need to give them the will.

I would have no problem seeing GT350R's racing in PWC/Conti series next year. Great marketing.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I have no problem with the Cobra name plate, but we haven't had a real car worthy of the GT350 name plate in over 45 years.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I have no problem with the Cobra name plate, but we haven't had a real car worthy of the GT350 name plate in over 45 years.
True. I just got so tired of the loooong names. At one point, I saw "SVT Shelby GT500 Cobra Mustang". People just didn't know what to call them. I feel like going back to a simple SVT Cobra is classy, simple and well-recognized.

I kind of like the Dodge simplistic SRT naming scheme.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It would even be cool if they could come up with a new nameplate. I get a little tired of seeing the nostalgia card thrown around.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
It would even be cool if they could come up with a new nameplate. I get a little tired of seeing the nostalgia card thrown around.
I wouldn't mind them getting creative and coming up with a new scheme either. Someone suggested "Predator" due to the front end looks of the one we've seen in spy shots. Maybe it will just be nicknamed that like the 03-04 terminator. Either way I'd pick SVT Cobra over anything with Shelby in the name. I'm bored with it and some people don't realize that the SVT Shelby model is 100% a ford product... They think it's just a third party tuner kit on a GT built and designed by Shelby American. Obviously most know better, but I saw some comments on a GT500 article claiming that and for some reason it bugged me.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd like to see something new or different for a change. Rousch has made quite a few nice aftermarket versions over the years. It would be a nice tribute to have the name on a dealer supported version.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
SVT Predator
Sponsored