Sponsored

Bilstein HD6

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
FWIW, big fan of the Bils. Used them on both my 86 (both in conventional and C/O) and my 01 Cobra. As with all dampers the spring rate and damper must match. The nice thing about Bilsteins is that they tend to have a pretty broad range. They also seem to do a great job without adjustability. Frankly, I'd run them over the SA Konis any day. Not a fan of those at all. I got a great deal on some KWv3 and appreciate their DA options. Had the Bils come out earlier, I'd have gone with them.
Another Bilstein user/owner here too...

I have purchased & used them on prior Mustangs, on my prior 95 BMW M3 and they are currently my shock/strut combo of choice on my 94 Cobra.

They have been on my 94 Cobra for nearly 10yrs now, along with H&R race springs (a very firm spring setup) and the Bilsteins handle excellent, with great ride quality, even on a vehicle with a very stiff suspension setup.

I would love to get a set of the Bilsteins for the S550, but seems like they’re very slow with getting them from production to the consumer, considering we’re talking now almost 4 models years into the S550 platform.

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I have a friend at Bilstein, and his contact also said June.

They moved the plant that produces aftermarket shocks, and supply has been difficult for a year or so.

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange

They moved the plant that produces aftermarket shocks, and supply has been difficult for a year or so.
The date changes every two months, making it worthless. The only positive news is the fact that you can now order these dampers direct from Bilstein's UK website. So they should eventually make it to the states......

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Springs installed on dampers = ugly as hell!

Springs installed on dampers installed on car = Beautiful!

Did you transfer the lower spring rubber isolators from the OE strut to the Bilstein strut? How much higher is the Bilstein spring seat compared to the OE strut?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, you reuse all the rubber mounting parts from stock. The height difference is somewhere in this thread, just keep in my mind it's probably only accurate to about 1/4 inch.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been a long time fan of bilstein after I had a set on with H&R springs on a vw back in 03’. My last set of Bilstein were on my 13’ Tundra. Now I’m going with PSS coils. I see they’re for sale but I’ll find out Monday if they’re just pre-order or really available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)

Move that to mid July, at least until it changes again......:doh:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No reason to wait anymore. Grab the painted-blue GT350 monotubes from Ford Performance and be happy.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
No reason to wait anymore. Grab the painted-blue GT350 monotubes from Ford Performance and be happy.
The FP track strut and shock kit are the same as gt350 non-R dampers?
All this time, I thought the FP front struts are twin tube and the rear shocks are the only monotubes in the kit..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The FP track strut and shock kit are the same as gt350 non-R dampers?
All this time, I thought the FP front struts are twin tube and the rear shocks are the only monotubes in the kit..
Yes. Same valving as the non-Magneride 2016 cars. They are monotubes all around.
Sponsored