Sponsored

Speeding Ticket(s)!!!!!!

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
When I first got my Mustang and tune, I am very lucky I did not get a 4-5 pt ticket. It is out of my system now and I actually feel stupid for wasting gas pulling on it hard. Like NoVa state, it's a fun enough car to drive to pull on it hard without being a d-bag. On occasions I get it up to about 80 MPH on the highway, but those are very short sprints under optimal conditions and I am lucky I don't get caught doing those a lot.

As far as racing it with other people on the road -- well I hope you get arrested. I don't care if you think you are Dale Earnhardt jr, there is no way that is safe on an open public road.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
When I first got my Mustang and tune, I am very lucky I did not get a 4-5 pt ticket. It is out of my system now and I actually feel stupid for wasting gas pulling on it hard. Like NoVa state, it's a fun enough car to drive to pull on it hard without being a d-bag. On occasions I get it up to about 80 MPH on the highway, but those are very short sprints under optimal conditions and I am lucky I don't get caught doing those a lot.
80mph is normal cruising speed for me. Helps that the highway speed limits are mostly 75.

I'd hate to live in a state where going 80 feels special.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
My last trip from Houston to Nacogdoches had almost "autobahn" compliance with the left lane passing law. DPS must have a trooper "descretioning" the hell out of that section of 59. :headbang:
I bet that changed when you got back to Porter. Most drivers around Houston don't know what the left lane is for. Everyone thinks they belong in the left lane, and the right lane is often the least congested. And half of the drivers are illegals who won't drive 1 mph over the limit out of fear of being pulled over and deported. I gave up trying to push left lane bandits out of the way :frusty:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
These Coyote motored Mustangs can go so fast so quickly. Just went out for a lunchtime drive and just getting on the freeway, via the on-ramp, and I'm doing 80 mph plus in seconds!! That's "reckless driving" here in VA. So quick and fast, and with ease... Not good for license longevity...

goldviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2018 Mustang GT 401A PP
Use Waze and buy a Uniden R3. The both have saved me several time. My 2018 GTPP went into Production today. Yee Haa

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Use Waze and buy a Uniden R3. The both have saved me several time. My 2018 GTPP went into Production today. Yee Haa
I'm using both. :cheers:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm using both. :cheers:
In Texas if you wait around long enough you can usually find one of these cruising 90+ then you can use them as a rabbit. They won't last long before they pull over for gas but while it lasts you're in the rocking chair behind one of these.

38126475625_4ac8297f64_b.jpg
1-6 by Erick, on Flickr

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
These Coyote motored Mustangs can go so fast so quickly. Just went out for a lunchtime drive and just getting on the freeway, via the on-ramp, and I'm doing 80 mph plus in seconds!! That's "reckless driving" here in VA. So quick and fast, and with ease... Not good for license longevity...
You can say that about all of the engines in the S550. They're all fast and can get you in trouble.

I grew up near NoVA and was constantly reminded not to speed in VA. The one day I speed, I basically was granted mercy by the cop and was spared the reckless for a $270 ticket instead.

I drive a lot slower than I used to as a teenager. Looking back, I can't believe I still have a license. The irony is my car now is twice as fast as the cars I used to drive like I stole.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
80mph is normal cruising speed for me. Helps that the highway speed limits are mostly 75.

I'd hate to live in a state where going 80 feels special.
Can't agree more with this.

Speed limits in NJ are 55-65 on highways but cops dont usually bat an eyelash until you're over 75-80. I can set cruise at 79mph and not worry much. Problem is 80mph doesnt feel fast to me anymore lol.

VA is a beautiful state and I would actually think about living there if it wasn't for their ridiculous speeding laws. Several times I've been let off with nothing in NJ for the same violation that would have gotten me jailtime in VA.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Can't agree more with this.

Speed limits in NJ are 55-65 on highways but cops dont usually bat an eyelash until you're over 75-80. I can set cruise at 79mph and not worry much. Problem is 80mph doesnt feel fast to me anymore lol.

VA is a beautiful state and I would actually think about living there if it wasn't for their ridiculous speeding laws. Several times I've been let off with nothing in NJ for the same violation that would have gotten me jailtime in VA.
I live in central NJ and speed limits aside it's an overgrown jungle. You cannot drive around here without going crazy. Road rage, blown red lights, riding the shoulder, and just all out survival of the fittest. There is not enough cops on the road to actually enforce so many traffic laws with so many people. Speeding is non-existent because there is traffic and red lights everywhere. I get on 95, there is a good stretch I can let the car breathe a little. I am not a righteous driver by all means.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I live in central NJ and speed limits aside it's an overgrown jungle. You cannot drive around here without going crazy. Road rage, blown red lights, riding the shoulder, and just all out survival of the fittest. There is not enough cops on the road to actually enforce so many traffic laws with so many people. Speeding is non-existent because there is traffic and red lights everywhere. I get on 95, there is a good stretch I can let the car breathe a little. I am not a righteous driver by all means.
I hear you. It really depends where in NJ you are though and what times your driving. I drive in exactly what you're talking about sometimes on the way to work. A 45m drive can take 1.5hrs. But aside from my commute (and depending on time) I still find plenty of roads that you can open the car up on within reason.

Trips out to PA and VA are the best for stretching the car's legs though. As soon as you're into PA it's like a whole different world of driving.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I hear you. It really depends where in NJ you are though and what times your driving. I drive in exactly what you're talking about sometimes on the way to work. A 45m drive can take 1.5hrs. But aside from my commute (and depending on time) I still find plenty of roads that you can open the car up on within reason.

Trips out to PA and VA are the best for stretching the car's legs though. As soon as you're into PA it's like a whole different world of driving.
PA has some great driving roads. Especially old roads that follow rivers, streams, and harsh terrain.

If you do a Pre Run, you are generally ok.

However be wary on the highway.

Use Waze and I wouldn't recommend going over 80 on any highway except the PA turnpike. The Turn pike is a free for all, and the generally only site you with not following the rules of the turnpike depending on what you are doing.

I have a good friend who is a PA Trooper. Over 80+ is getting you stopped. 73 to 75 will keep them sitting on the side of the road.

driver-attorney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2007
do no pay traffic tickets at one

Paying a ticket at once it’s never a good idea. There are options to fight back and get out of court. You just need a good traffic law firm.
You can find affordable lawyers and pay less than the actual ticket. This law firm offers attorney from $49 and serve almost all states. Give them a call for free consultation
https://www.theticketclinic.com/
:clap2:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Not really to harp on the subject but I just had this situation with a co-worker at lunch. We're driving to get a hamburger and he's behind the wheel all zoned out telling me about some problem his kid is having in school and in the distance I see brake lights coming on as cars go over a hill.

Now that could be many things and really none of them are good. Debris in the road? An animal? An Accident?.. all things we should probably slow down for but this guy just rambles ahead until we crest the hill and there's a motorcycle cop shooting Lidar. Now my co-worker wasn't speeding much, maybe 5 mph over the limit but now he's surprised and slams on his brakes.

I didn't want to make a fuss about it but generally if you get your eyes up on the road and start paying attention you can avoid 90% of speeding tickets.