Sponsored

My Whipple Stage 2 results on mustang dyno

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro
Just FYI for anyone with similar setup. I had my kit installed back in May and finally had a chance to throw it on the dyno....

My setup is:
- Mustang dyno (570whp/426wtq)
- Whipple Stage 2 (latest Whipple cal), NO fans
- 3.75 pulley
- 93 octane
- all stock motor (*upgraded OPG & CG)
- cat back solo exhaust (stock headers & cats)

I know Mustang dyno reads a bit lower. I was expecting just a little bit more, but am still very happy with the power I have for 100% street use. Dyno operators said my tires were slipping a lot (crappy Hankooks) and had one of the mechanics sit in the open trunk for added weight (and still saw slipping). Looks like next mod is better tires in the spring!
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
did yall pull the fuse or plug the plug to disable advance trac? that is way lower than you should be..

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
very hard to do any assumptions of a mustang versus dynojet, but at a minimum it should be about 10% difference. That puts this car around 615whp and 470wtq. That is low, but not THAT low. With stock exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters still fitted, I would have said closer to 650-660whp would have been better.

Without a log to look at its difficult to tell, but looks like some nannies were kicking in. That AFR line sort of tells me the throttle may have been being closed by the tune.

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate any additional info/opinions anyone has!

Mustang_Lou: What's up with your AFR (black line)?
- I am not sure. It is not too bad if you look at the file "kevin_mustang_tq_afr.pdf". it is between 11.0 and 11.9

Angry50: did yall pull the fuse or plug the plug to disable advance trac? that is way lower than you should be..
- I do NOT believe they pulled the fuse. I think they only turned off atrac via holding the toggle switch.

TooSoonJunior: Without a log to look at its difficult to tell, but looks like some nannies were kicking in. That AFR line sort of tells me the throttle may have been being closed by the tune.
-
I am inclined to agree with you. Was thinking it was a combination of wheel slip & nannies.

I eventually plan to bring it to a shop that is more familiar with the S550 platform for a comparison.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i believe the toggle does not fully disengage the advance trac. i think you have to pull the fuse or there is a plug you can unplug in order to get it to go full power. From my understanding is it sees the rear wheels spinning so it maintains control to prevent a crash. it seems like the ones you cant fully turn off

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Also what gear was this done in?

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you happy with the power when you drive it? Dyno results are great for a talking point but the ultimate test is whether the car performs as you expected. I had the Ford Racing/Roush Phase 1 blower installed on mine. Dynojet results were 587/476 with FR X-Pipe as only other mod.....I am very happy with how the car performs so the dyno numbers are just that....numbers.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just FYI for anyone with similar setup. I had my kit installed back in May and finally had a chance to throw it on the dyno....

My setup is:
- Mustang dyno
- Whipple Stage 2 (latest Whipple cal), NO fans
- 3.75 pulley
- 93 octane
- all stock motor (*upgraded OPG & CG)
- cat back solo exhaust (stock headers & cats)

I know Mustang dyno reads a bit lower. I was expecting just a little bit more, but am still very happy with the power I have for 100% street use. Dyno operators said my tires were slipping a lot (crappy Hankooks) and had one of the mechanics sit in the open trunk for added weight (and still saw slipping). Looks like next mod is better tires in the spring!

Definitely seems a bit on the low side for power. You can always go with a 3.625" pulley instead of the 3.75" to get a little more power out of the set up.

Sponsored

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
Quickly flipping the switch only turns "Traction Control Off" , but if you hold the toggle up for a few seconds it will read "Advance Trac Off". With advance trac off you can dyno your car all day long without it try to pull power.

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updated numbers on a dynojet

FYI for anyone interested:

Had the opportunity to have the car dyno'd on Dynojet with exact same set up as in my original post for comparing to the Mustang Dyno. Results were a little more on par with what I expected.

MUSTANG DYNO: 570whp/426tq
DYNOJET DYNO: 642whp/498tq

About a 11% difference.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
FYI for anyone interested:

Had the opportunity to have the car dyno'd on Dynojet with exact same set up as in my original post for comparing to the Mustang Dyno. Results were a little more on par with what I expected.

MUSTANG DYNO: 570whp/426tq
DYNOJET DYNO: 642whp/498tq

About a 11% difference.
Much better! I bet that was a sigh of relief, haha.

OP
OP
Kzanard

Kzanard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much better! I bet that was a sigh of relief, haha.
lol. Actually, I was very happy with how it was running and it felt very strong.

*I also took your advice and went down to a 3.625" pulley afterwards the same day and put down 724/564!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
lol. Actually, I was very happy with how it was running and it felt very strong.

*I also took your advice and went down to a 3.625" pulley afterwards the same day and put down 724/564!
Wow you went from having a 500wp car to a 700whp car in one dyno session. Nice!
Sponsored