Sponsored

2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Just tell them the new 5.0 in the 18 Mustang won one of Wards best engines of 2018.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The Mods are closing the 2018 Mustang vs 2018 Camaro over on C6.
They do that because BlaqTurd creates such a commotion that they close it down to maintain some image of civility.

It's a classic technique really. Start a fight, claim self defense, counter-attack, claim self defense, blame your opponent for starting the fight, claim victory.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I really dont care what tech Ford uses. You wanna wear it as a badge that ford gets similar power from a smaller block, go right a head. But no one else really cares. But at the end of the day it really doesnt matter. What matters is the finished product.
Import guys that are pushing 200 HP/liter out of a turbo-four seem to care that they're able to get 450 HP from a 2.3 liter engine. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. Of course, these are N/A engines, so the hp/liter isn't going to be as dramatic.

The fact of the matter is that Ford chose to invest in one technology area, and Dodge and Chevy chose another. Ford is able to do a lot with less displacement, but also doesn't offer things like cylinder deactivation for better fuel mileage. Chevy does variable displacement and variable valve timing with a single cam. Dodge does...something.

JR

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Actually an engineer would tell you that a DOHC and OHV are functionally different and that's why smaller displacement can put out similar HP on a 5.0 DOHC engine vs a 6.2 OHV engine. DOHC is more efficient.

Just throwing that out there. ;)

The cars go back and forth on who's quicker over the years. I couldn't care less. There's always a faster car.
Holy shit. Someone gets it! The two engines use completely different technologies. You cant compare the two. They make power completely differently.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Holy shit. Someone gets it! The two engines use completely different technologies. You cant compare the two. They make power completely differently.
But just a few posts ago you said how they get there [performance] doesn’t matter. Now you make the argument that it does?

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Who gives a "S" about the exact specifics on the passes. The Chevy cry babies have every opportunity to run in good air and on a rented track if they are so worked up over the facts. They can't afford it or something?

They always seem to forget what the 5.0 is now doing vs. their 6.2 disappointment.. err... displacement.

Personally I like any car that makes power or is cool, but when some of these guys, and it goes both ways, dispute facts, it's annoying.

Adkrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Gonna be honest. I don't care about displacement. Different strokes for different folks. Haha
Sponsored