Sponsored

My 15GT is ruined :( Go for a GT350 or boosted GT?

Next Project?

• Total voters

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Was this car in Myrtle Beach for mustang week?
Sponsored

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I say GT350. BUT.... playing devils advocate.... I'll probably get flamed, banned, etc....

maybe consider a non-mustang? I love my mustang GT but considering the great American naturally aspirated V8s are pretty much a dying breed, maybe try driving a different car before they are no longer available. that would mean Camaro or Challenger. I know my main concern is what will be available when I'm done playing with my mustang. I may have to finally learn to accept a twin turbo V6 but only if that's all they got left. the future is bleak....

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Non-Mustang was not a choice. LOL.

I have a GT350 and the car is awesome. The sound, handling, rolling the gears, just fun. If you want a straight line car, boosted. Heck like mentioned earlier, you can find new 17s still on the lot for cheap since the 18s have shown. Put the extra cash saved into boost.

The GT350 gets looks and thumbs up all of the time and will beat most cars on the road especially if braking and cornering are involved. If you are into that? LOL.

I think it depends on what you want the car to be really good at and if you want something a bit more different and special (in some people's eyes, not so much in other) like the GT350.

Mine is the classic Shelby white with blue so people recognize it as not just an everyday Mustang plus the sound then they know for sure.

So if you want a Mustang that is fast, very fast in a straight line the boosted. If you want a very quick, agile, great sounding, different looking Mustang, GT350.

I would go GT350. Now if you were considering a decked out 18 GT, 10 speed for a few grand less than a GT350, I would go GT. But just like the thread above about a non-Mustang, an 18 is not an option.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
I feel your pain brother it totally sucks, but the main thing is no serious injuries. Cars can be replaced people can't ! Hope your fiancé makes a speedy recovery. If in your position I think I would be looking at a GT350! Good luck with your choice.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Damn sucks to hear about the car, but glad you both made it out safely.

If your interested in getting a leftover GT, check out Smail in Greensburg. I got mine there for a steal with 10k off sticker.

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
My choices would be 2018 GT PP1 with 10 speed auto & magneride or 2016 GT350 tech pack (they're cheap for gt350s).

Speed wise the 2 cars are about the same!

Technically, the 2018 is a little faster in straight line acceleration, and a GT350 will handle a little better b/c of better tires.

Either one you can get for under $50k.

If you want to play more with the car, get the GT. You can tune it and put some exhaust on it and it will be a beast with out even going to FI.

If you want to turn more heads, get the GT350. You won't need to mod it to make it stand out. And you want to keep it unmolested so it can retain resale value better.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
What does the fiance have to say about what your next car will be?

I'd go GT350 personally..

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Was this car in Myrtle Beach for mustang week?
nope. but it was at the AM show last two years and also Carlisle Ford Nationals

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Voted GT350. I totally would have gone that route after my first '15GT got totaled, had it not happened only 6 months after I bought it - long before the GT350 was even available.

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
First off, glad to hear you and your fiance suffered just minor injuries. It certainly could have been a lot worse. Curious what happened to the other driver.

My advise is to first decide what you want the car for. What type of driving will you be doing with it? What RPM range do you want to make power? Do you want to modify the car or keep it stock?

I drove by friend's GT350R and test drove a 2018 Mustang GT PP A10. I decided on purchasing the Mustang GT. It fists my application. It will be my daily driver that I will modify and make 40-50 passes per year at the drag strip. What bothered me about the 350R (or 350) is it makes relatively little hp/tq below 4000rpm. As a daily driver I want hp/tq down there. The 2018 GT with the PP packages and A10 transmission is a blast to daily drive. Simple mods gets it into the 11's and a power added will have it in the 10's.

In summary, the best car for you to buy is the one that best fits your application.

Jerome
Its funny you ask about the other driver..... the accident was completely her fault. I had green the entire way, and it was in town, where the buildings are high and you cant see around the corner. as my nose of the stang reaches the intersection to cross, her Honda CRV is pops out right in front of me, no time to react, no brakes, my foot was on the throttle as I proceeded to T-bone her. Her car spun 180 degrees, and mine spin 90, airbags deployed, all she could do is throw her arms up in confusion and ball her eyes out. I really think she had no idea she blew the light. And obviously I got out extremely angry at this woman... and to see that we were banged up and the car was destroyed... it made matters worse. On top of that, it took her AN ENTIRE WEEK to turn in her insurance information... I was starting to think she didn't have any. and after receiving the police report they didnt even put her at fault! Officer said there was no proof of who had green, as there are no sensors on the traffic lights and no cameras, and no witnesses......So I have been going through this process since thanksgiving to try and get either my car fixed or a check for it... still without a car :headbonk:

Thanks for the write up on your opinions... I will be daily driving my next one and definitely interested in the manual. Just such a hard decision because both are great choices! :clap2:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
We're all very happy to hear that your GF is o.k.:D

Anyways, don't forget to consider a 2018GT that is loaded. They're fast as hell, and you won't need to mod things like the suspension and exhaust.
I considered a 2018... but honestly I still think I like the look of the fascia on the 15-17 model. and if I can save more money doing that, it seems worth it to me. I do like that heads up display in the 18 though....

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
What does the fiance have to say about what your next car will be?

I'd go GT350 personally..

She wants another Mustang! She loved going to all the shows with it, it became one of our favorite things to do with the car! Thankfully she never got angry over all the mods and abundant spending :lol: So I know I wont have to worry about her when going to get another one.. LOL

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I considered a 2018... but honestly I still think I like the look of the fascia on the 15-17 model. and if I can save more money doing that, it seems worth it to me. I do like that heads up display in the 18 though....
Is there a possibility of investing in a dash cam?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Few routes to go.

I will say what my thoughts are. A boosted GT is a lot of fun. Yes. But the issue becomes rather quickly actually, is where can you use the power. If you run on the street, grip will be a issue unless you run DR's full time. There are also drive-line upgrades that will need to be looked at. Clutch, brakes, half-shaft, many think slap a blower on and go fast! A lot of other parts goes into this. I know because I came out of 700+ 11 Shelby. As I upgraded the power, I had to upgrade other parts as well. All of these things together will incur the cost on maintenance and price on a whole.

Now for the GT350, yes a lot of it is already upgraded. Your getting basically the best parts from the Ford parts bin already installed. From handling to braking, there is no comparison. Period. Now many talk about the down low tq, Well true, its not what the GT has or the GT500 for sure, but its not like your a tortoise leaving from the stoplight. Also a tune and a few mods will clear that up. With the mods in my sig, the down low tq walked out the door. Running a tune e85 or even on 93 helps a lot. So for those who wonder if a tune helps, it does.

In the end it comes down to what and how you will use and drive the car. For me I stop going to 1/4 as much, and the street racing went basically away. I will do more road course in the future, but in truth I wanted a drivers car that I would have fun in driving, and I modded it enough were yeah I will not beat everyone, but i'm not a door mat either. I'm just in the middle, and with 500+ RWHP, I still have a lot of fun without worrying on having DR's on everywhere I go.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Honestly if you're looking for a track car, skip the gt350 and buy a Camaro 1LE and save 20k in the process. If just a street fun car, get a boosted GT. I'll sell you my 2,800 mile Whippled GT for under 50k...$49,999:D

Sponsored