2018 gauge cluster retrofit

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I'm guessing these are going to be around $400-800 on Ebay from wrecked cars.
That is likely where they will be but I do not expect to see any on eBay for at least 2 years as the insurance companies usually get all new wrecked vehicle inventory from the salvage yards.
Sponsored

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
I'm hoping this will actually be possible. Does anyone know whether this would affect odometer? I don't want to ruin the title of my car with a new gauge cluster...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I am 90% certain that the cluster can be swapped into our cars without issue. From what I can tell, we will need the cluster itself and dash trim surrounding the cluster (the gauge cluster chrome trim). From there it should be a plug and play swap with the minor issue of getting the mileage programed... I am going to guess that the cost of the cluster will be in the range of $1200 from Fordparts and will not be available until the end of the year at the earliest.
Mileage isn't only stored in the gauge cluster (if it is at all).

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Mileage isn't only stored in the gauge cluster (if it is at all).
Correct but the cluster (at least current ones) will not pull the milage from the other modules. It has to be programmed into the cluster before install.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I hope there is a way to change gauge clusters. This would be a great way to update the interior I a few years when the interior is starting to look dated

Sponsored

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
I am wondering if the Redline is actually programmable. From the pictures though, I agree that it's an easy fit as the surrounding trim and dashboard looks the same as the current interiors.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I would assume it will be possible. It is essentially just a lcd screen, so the computer running it may need to be hacked.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So got an update on the digital cluster! Ford dealerships can finally see 2018 mustang parts... My guess about the price of the cluster was correct!

$1390.94 list price with a $400 core charge...

Anyone still want to do the swap with direct from ford parts? :headbonk:

The best bet is going to be to wait for 2018's to hit the road and eventually junk yards in order to find a cluster at a price lower then that.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So got an update on the digital cluster! Ford dealerships can finally see 2018 mustang parts... My guess about the price of the cluster was correct!

The best bet is going to be to wait for 2018's to hit the road and eventually junk yards in order to find a cluster at a price lower then that.
I'd be interested in doing this, as it's the only thing between 2017->2018 That I thought was "different" enough for me to want. The other changes were all minimal, I could easily add after market, or didn't want/need right now.

So, not that I ever wish ill for a driver - I hope a few of these show up on eBay sometime next summer :D

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I'm betting it'll be a direct swap with some As-built changes. Hopefully the new DI engine isn't different enough to mess things up with the as-builts, though.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The biggest thing I am worried about for auto owners is the change to 10 speed and how the cluster would handle the 6 speed info.

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not trying to be an ass but I'd be real surprised if it's a "simple swap" as many of you seem to be implying.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Not trying to be an ass but I'd be real surprised if it's a "simple swap" as many of you seem to be implying.
I’m thinking it is a coin flip considering what we have found with the GT350 cluster. If the harness is the same and it should be the cluster it should plug and play. If I were to make a bet the chances of it swapping are better than not. He transmissions should not matter. I would guess it would display the gears as normal. We will see.....

$2000 is a lot though. If you go through Ford and get the as built data changed and such you might touch $2000.

Used should be in the $500-1000 range to start. Getting the mileage changed will be the big thing. A lot of people think you can just waltz into the dealer and have them change the mileage but that is not true at all. Odd that the GT350 core is $500 while the digital is less lol

I wonder how many people are going to get the option as well. Could limit the amount of used clusters floating around when the cars start to get totaled.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)

Did they confirm the digital cluster would work in a 2015?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

whats the part no? id like to ask around canadian dealers
Sponsored