Sponsored

Mods to do at same time as headers

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
So I'm going to be getting my headers installed pretty soon I'm curious if there's anything else I should have done at the same time already got the clutch line and fresh oil for motor differential and transmission I'm I also install the Steeda IRS inserts finally delete the sound tube and get my 170 thermostat installed. Just curious if there's any mods that aren't too expensive that are a good idea to change at this time.
Also if anybody knows where to find a killer deal on a GT350 intake manifold setup
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd think they keep the motor from rocking back and forth causing headers to rattle also peace of mind of not breaking one later.

Thanks guys will pick these up for sure

Sponsored

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmr motor mounts
So I ordered the bmr motor mounts but I got them from jegs.com. on their website it says they fit s197 and s550. That is correct info right? If so I'm glad and recomend people to get them there because they are 139 with free shipping. Everywhere else they are 160 I beleive. I just hope they fit now lol. Not sure why the price difference from everywhere else.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You probably could have gotten away without using them. I know quite a few people with LT headers that didn't change the engine mounts and never had a problem. Plus, depending on the headers, you would be fine without them. Like ARH and Kooks. They spend lots of time and money in R&D with their products to insure the best possible fitment. Other companies do well with fitment too. But you have them in case you do need them. If you don't need them then have them sent back and get your money back.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You probably could have gotten away without using them. I know quite a few people with LT headers that didn't change the engine mounts and never had a problem. Plus, depending on the headers, you would be fine without them. Like ARH and Kooks. They spend lots of time and money in R&D with their products to insure the best possible fitment. Other companies do well with fitment too. But you have them in case you do need them. If you don't need them then have them sent back and get your money back.

Of coarse I don't need them just like I don't need headers lol. But since im going to have work done and they are coming out anyways I figure I'd upgrade them and never worry about them again. They are pretty cheap. I'm sure they should outlast the stockers in the long run. Oh and I went with tsp 17/8 long tubes catless :)

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Of coarse I don't need them just like I don't need headers lol. But since im going to have work done and they are coming out anyways I figure I'd upgrade them and never worry about them again. They are pretty cheap. I'm sure they should outlast the stockers in the long run.
Actually, you DO need headers, lol!! That is a necessity just like food and water if you ask me. I'm just saying it seemed to me like those mounts are not actually needed because you more than likely would not have had an issue where they would have had a benefit. But better safe than sorry. And at least they'll be right there if you do need them instead of having to delay the install and buy them at a higher price. Anyway I wasn't criticizing your purchase. If you're gonna use them regardless then they should help out a lot since you'll have room to play with. But, like I said, if you don't use them, then you can always return them and get your money back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, you DO need headers, lol!! That is a necessity just like food and water if you ask me. I'm just saying it seemed to me like those mounts are not actually needed because you more than likely would not have had an issue where they would have had a benefit. But better safe than sorry. And at least they'll be right there if you do need them instead of having to delay the install and buy them at a higher price. Anyway I wasn't criticizing your purchase. If you're gonna use them regardless then they should help out a lot since you'll have room to play with. But, like I said, if you don't use them, then you can always return them and get your money back.

Thanks brotha. We shall see when my car goes under the knife. I can't wait!! Lol and I guess your are right. Headers are a must!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Those with the BMR engine mounts, any additional NVH after fitment?
Sponsored