Sponsored

Enhanced 911 assist.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wonder if this data can be collected by Insurance companies to determine seat belt usage etc....not that I care since I always wear mine but just curious.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
You can disable this when you first connect your phone to the system. Then no data is transmitted since it requires use of your phone to do so. That doesn't mean the onboard blackbox won't keep some kind of data regarding status' and input at the time of the crash.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
I wonder if this data can be collected by Insurance companies to determine seat belt usage etc....not that I care since I always wear mine but just curious.

I believe it is intended to relay the number of seat belts fastened at the time of the crash/incident...
--> number of potentially injured individuals --> number of ambulances...

Red Dawg

...still chasing cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Premium
Interesting comment from my dealer during new vehicle orientation....

They have already had several customers get DUIs because 911 assist summoned emergency personnel -

Didn't sound like major accidents, but enough to set off the air bag.

Some people will like this - some will think twice about driving after drinking - some may disable the automatic notification feature.....

Have we reached the point where the car is smarter than we are? :doh:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
If you drink and drive, the dog in the back seat is smarter than you, much less the car.

Torn. Playing around could get you busted. But as someone said, that could be recorded other ways. All for quick help though.

If you're worried about privacy, you should even have a smart phone to begin with. I laugh at the people who get in a tizzy over Facebooks privacy stuff. Seriously? You're upset over privacy of a free service designed to share your life with everyone? If you are connected to the internet, your privacy is shot already.
Sponsored