2018 GT Stock Quickest Pass ?

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
so apparently this is all a media hype being done by ford to highlight the 2018 Mustang GT and it's fictional..lol
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Ok well then looks like they weight pretty much the same. So whats your excuse for the 5.0 weighing the same despite being 1.2 liters smaller?

Whats Fords excuse for being so stingy with their displacement?

Also Im a Corvette guy not a Camaro guy.
You know displacement is the size of the holes in the engine, not the actual size of the engine? Bore x stroke x cylinders. So, since the 6.2L has bigger holes drilled in it, it should weigh less, right?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Someone should go over there and start a thread titled pushrod is old technology lmao.

Then just sit and wait for the excuses.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The large dual cam heads cause each row of cylinder bores to be spread further apart...got to have room for a proper intake manifold. Ford's 6.2 truck engine is single overhead cam for that reason. The bores are larger in the 6.2 and 2 cams in each head would make it all too wide.

Sponsored

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
Funny how when Evan Smith takes a stock LS1 Camaro into the 12s it's legit to them. But when he takes the 18 into the 11s the excuses and accusations flow. Unreal.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
It also took them about 2yrs to do it. If that Mustang time is really an 11.89 then it just took the Mustang like 2-3 months? It's pretty early to say we have seen out "hero run" already.
Its mainly because the Cars come out around Fall/Winter time where the conditions are most favorable for hero runs. Cold dense air.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
The large dual cam heads cause each row of cylinder bores to be spread further apart...got to have room for a proper intake manifold. Ford's 6.2 truck engine is single overhead cam for that reason. The bores are larger in the 6.2 and 2 cams in each head would make it all too wide.
I really dont care what tech Ford uses. You wanna wear it as a badge that ford gets similar power from a smaller block, go right a head. But no one else really cares. But at the end of the day it really doesnt matter. What matters is the finished product.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I really dont care what tech Ford uses. You wanna wear it as a badge that ford gets similar power from a smaller block, go right a head. But no one else really cares. But at the end of the day it really doesnt matter. What matters is the finished product.
I think it's just an impressive feat. Like when a really little guy makes a huge lift.
460 HP and an 11.8 1/4 is impressive. Even more so from a 5.0 when many other manufactures have to use more to achieve similar results.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
11.89 stock.
Look how flat the car stays, just as Carl Widmann said the Magneride would do.
No front and back pitching like an old boat.
Except you want massive initial weight transfer, just like the demons magneride does. Then steady the car.

Even with street tires the logic applies. Friction force and all that stuff.

Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The Mods are closing the 2018 Mustang vs 2018 Camaro over on C6.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Mods are closing the 2018 Mustang vs 2018 Camaro over on C6.
There are still several dozen threads for the fun to spill over to. For such a bad platform that so many claim it to be the S550 is a popular topic too often. I must be missing something :confused:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
N/A 5.0 is closing in on a 650 hp boosted 6.2!
Now what?:lol:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Syphon23, you're in denial! People do care, especially engineers in head development. Fact is, the new 5.0 Mustang hangs right there with a 6.2 Camaro and that's just the way it is. When Ford decides to make their Mustang with every bolt only as long as it needs to be and implement more aluminum into the car like GM did then all bets are off. At that point the Mustang will be not only more practical, but much more capable. GM will have to end the pushrod mill and start playing catch up in that area.

I'm not a Ford fan boy, I grew up with a '67Camaro, Chevelle, and recently restored a '66 Corvette big block coupe which I'm very proud of. Can't deny modern technology so I say give props where props are due. It's not that hard.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Syphon23, you're in denial! People do care, especially engineers in head development. Fact is, the new 5.0 Mustang hangs right there with a 6.2 Camaro and that's just the way it is. When Ford decides to make their Mustang with every bolt only as long as it needs to be and implement more aluminum into the car like GM did then all bets are off. At that point the Mustang will be not only more practical, but much more capable. GM will have to end the pushrod mill and start playing catch up in that area.

I'm not a Ford fan boy, I grew up with a '67Camaro, Chevelle, and recently restored a '66 Corvette big block coupe which I'm very proud of. Can't deny modern technology so I say give props where props are due. It's not that hard.
Actually an engineer would tell you that a DOHC and OHV are functionally different and that's why smaller displacement can put out similar HP on a 5.0 DOHC engine vs a 6.2 OHV engine. DOHC is more efficient.

Just throwing that out there. ;)

The cars go back and forth on who's quicker over the years. I couldn't care less. There's always a faster car.
Sponsored