MPT Tune Officially out

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Bet you'd win free dinner lol

I guess 3.55s are inevitable, but I might take you up on the test drive. CJPP has a good price on a brand new pumpkin, but I'm going to hunt around for a used one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-17-Fo...775488?hash=item2a986aff80:g:gBsAAOSw3EFZkfqN

That's 3.31 - but keep checking their listings. This is the place that turns Mustangs into Shelby's. I've seen a 3.55 carrier go for $200 + $150 shipping (Freight). Also a good number of them available (a bit higher in price but still lower than the cost of gears + seals + bearings + install) at LKQONLINE.com
Sponsored

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
I got lucky and was the only bidder on one and ended up at $149 and $125 for shipping.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I don’t have a knock sensor option in the selection screen is it labeled as something else and I’m just stupid lol

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I got lucky and was the only bidder on one and ended up at $149 and $125 for shipping.
[MENTION=32548]ctandc72[/MENTION] thanks I will keep my eye out on that seller. There's a take off GT hood in Lighting Blue with the vents that they have up for bid that's making me wish I could just give everyone on my Christmas list coal and buy that instead :mad:

[MENTION=30614]D24112[/MENTION] That's a damn good steal. I will keep my eye out on eBay. Maybe after Christmas it'll be a lot of 3.55 guys/girls looking to go 3.73 and putting them up for sale :ninja:

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Finally went ahead and pulled the plug. Purchased the SCT tuner from MPT loaded with several PR-X tunes. Right now using the 87 PR-x. Really enjoy the new shift points. Will refuel this weekend and try the 93 PR-X.
Now if it would only warm up. Then I can install the BBK Shorty's that have been sitting in the garage.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Had something weird happen last night. I've had the MPT 93 flash on the car for about 2K miles now with no problems. But last night I was hitting an exit on the highway and downshifted into second with a rev match. I take this exit 3-4 times a week and the downshift was routine, nothing odd. As I drive around the curve of the exit, I get a flashing CEL but the car doesn't go limp. I get to the stop light and shut the car off and then start it up again. CEL is gone.

I go pick up my gf to go to the movies and I notice a shaking sound from the engine bay in 2nd gear between 2K and 3K RPM. I also notice the sound on the way back from the movies. I park at my gf's apartment and check under the hood as well as check for any fluid leaks. All good. I flashed back to stock before leaving her place and the problem is gone. The car never stored the code for the original flashing CEL.

I'm thinking I got some bad 93 and the car's timing was thrown off. I'm going to run out this tank of gas on the stock tune and try to re-flash once I get some fresh 93. Anybody been through something similar?

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
not the same but similar issue:
car (89PRX) started to idle rough and stalled once after fill up. Under load the car seem alright but a idle not so much. Went back to stock tune and it cleared up, ran it down to half a tank and refilled tank at another station and added Lucas. Back on (89PRX) and no issues with this tank of gas so far.

Thinking it was bad gas....pun intended need to get some white castles.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Hmm odd that it didn't store the code. FYI flashing CEL means it's urgent and needs immediate attention. GO over to AutoZone and grab some octanium throw half or the whole bottle in the tank, let it sit for a bit then reflash and try to datalog the same conditions you were in when it started throwing a code. Check the knock sensors, and in the event it happens again while your dataloging you can contact mpt and send it to them and have an expert check it.

Sponsored

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
not the same but similar issue:
car (89PRX) started to idle rough and stalled once after fill up. Under load the car seem alright but a idle not so much. Went back to stock tune and it cleared up, ran it down to half a tank and refilled tank at another station and added Lucas. Back on (89PRX) and no issues with this tank of gas so far.

Thinking it was bad gas....pun intended need to get some white castles.

Yeah I'm thinking I got some of that "winter mix". I'm going to run this tank down on the stock tune and then refill with 93 at a nicer station a few more miles away and reflash. It's a bit comforting that the CEL hasn't returned and cleared itself immediately after I cycled the car on/off.

Hmm odd that it didn't store the code. FYI flashing CEL means it's urgent and needs immediate attention. GO over to AutoZone and grab some octanium throw half or the whole bottle in the tank, let it sit for a bit then reflash and try to datalog the same conditions you were in when it started throwing a code. Check the knock sensors, and in the event it happens again while your dataloging you can contact mpt and send it to them and have an expert check it.
Yep, first thing I did was check the codes lol None were there though. It was flashing and I was just so dumbfounded I just shut the car off at the stop light and immediately turned it back on cause I figured it was an anomaly. I'm going to start data logging for sure.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Well, bit of an update. Good news! Did an oil change (switched to full synthetic), filled up with 93 and flashed to the 91 tune this time and.....the car runs even better than it did on 93 tune! Everything is way smoother across the rev range and the idle is sewing machine smooth now. I think my area might not have the best 93 available but by giving the 91 tune a little bit of headroom octane wise, it seems to really clean up the problems I had with 93. No codes, no misfires, no limp mode.

By no means am I trashing the 93 tune, it was fun while it lasted, but I don't think I can trust that the 93 that I'm getting in my area is truly 93. I think I found my perfect combo. Love this product. Hope this helps anyone who may come across this problem.

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
TURTL3,
Did you notice any reduction of rev hang wih the MPT tune?

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
TURTL3,
Did you notice any reduction of rev hang wih the MPT tune?
I would say yes, but tbh, I came from the turbo VW world where rev hang is truly atrocious so the Mustang was like night and day to that. I find that the Mustang doesn't really have too bad of rev hang but the tune does hang a bit less than stock. When I had to go to stock to fix the fuel issue, it reminded of how dull the stock tune is. The MPT tunes wake everything up. So, short answer is yes lol

quiong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Well, bit of an update. Good news! Did an oil change (switched to full synthetic), filled up with 93 and flashed to the 91 tune this time and.....the car runs even better than it did on 93 tune! Everything is way smoother across the rev range and the idle is sewing machine smooth now. I think my area might not have the best 93 available but by giving the 91 tune a little bit of headroom octane wise, it seems to really clean up the problems I had with 93. No codes, no misfires, no limp mode.

By no means am I trashing the 93 tune, it was fun while it lasted, but I don't think I can trust that the 93 that I'm getting in my area is truly 93. I think I found my perfect combo. Love this product. Hope this helps anyone who may come across this problem.
Really good to know. I'm planning to pull the trigger on this soon and I'll probably end up using 91 tune for daily driving with 93 in the tank. Plenty of 93 in Texas but I'll feel better just having that little bit of "cushion" in case the gas isn't as good as advertised and still getting improved throttle response and the transmission tuning.
Sponsored