Sponsored

Ford Performance Springs - Accesories at your Ford Dealer

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
I am struggling to decide what springs.

I am doing it for the look but also to eliminate the bouncy ride slightly.

I do not want too firm and increased NVH. I am not interested in tracking the car so it does not need to corner like its on rails. Its a daily drive.

So far I have been told to stay away fro Vogland and I have read that the Eibach is rated fairly good.

According to the US sties Steeda Ultralite's are excellent but some folk have experienced some noise issues.

I have a degree of comfort booking the car to a local ford dealer and have this done.

What springs are these? anyone done this and happy?

Who has done it after purchasing the car and gone back to have it done so they have a direct comparison from stock?

Thanks
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I have the Ford Performance track pack suspension waiting to go in. It includes these springs. Form my reading they're a bit firmer than stock. My experience and opinion is that ALL lowering springs will be stiffer than stock.

If you don't want a harsher ride in my opinion and experience your only choice is to not install any lowering spring.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I am struggling to decide what springs.

I am doing it for the look but also to eliminate the bouncy ride slightly.

I do not want too firm and increased NVH. I am not interested in tracking the car so it does not need to corner like its on rails. Its a daily drive.

So far I have been told to stay away fro Vogland and I have read that the Eibach is rated fairly good.

According to the US sties Steeda Ultralite's are excellent but some folk have experienced some noise issues.

I have a degree of comfort booking the car to a local ford dealer and have this done.

What springs are these? anyone done this and happy?

Who has done it after purchasing the car and gone back to have it done so they have a direct comparison from stock?

Thanks
There is no noise when installed correctly. We had had many positive reviews when everything has been done to spec:

These are the real deal
I have these springs installed with Pro-Action dampers. I found myself, on my first track day ever at Atlanta Motorsports Park, passing so often that my instructor asked that I be advanced a driver class. And when I went into the next driver class, I passed everyone except a dedicated tube steel pipe frame, buggy looking sort of track vehicle (which I caught up to, but he could get around turns faster being so much lighter). Anyway, my point is, while the Ultralite Linear springs may not win awards for the most even wheel gap (front to back), they will actually make your S550 handle better. They bias the weight of the car evenly across the suspension as opposed to lifting the back end up, creating rake which biases weight toward the front. This makes my S550 feel much like a Porsche coming around a turn, whereby I am able to take advantage of my rear staggered (wider) wheels for grip to huff it out of a turn. Look, I'm not the best driver (not even close), but these springs really help you look like it. And I get compliments all the time for the "stance", even at those "stance-oriented" events I find myself going to if the time and price is right... why not! Daily driving road manners are better than expected, especially given I have Pro-Action dampers. The rear spring especially is relatively on the stiff side so I would recommend at least Ford Performance dampers with these springs, but I know a guy running them with OEM PP dampers and he says it rides fine. Steeda track tested these springs at Sebring, giving much faster cars hell in the process. These are the real deal.
Great product.
Great product. Gave my car a perfect stance and much improved handling.
Absolutely love them
Ok, so I took measurements and pics of a few setups, and I absolutely love them. It got dark before I could take pics of the finished setup. Tomorrow I will post them up. Steeda, you freaking nailed it!; installation was super easy, except for the fact that I had to deal with the subframe, the bane of my existence.

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no noise when installed correctly. We had had many positive reviews when everything has been done to spec:
Thanks. I have to find someone competent & caring to install them, when reading the US thread on the Steeda springs it just looked like there was potential for issues and someone needs to have installed these springs a few times so they have the know how, the torque settings etc.

Using locktite on a strut bolt as it has a tendency to work its way loose - concerned me.
Using some plastic wrap around the some of the top areas of the spring to eliminate noise

I got scared off, as I do not want my car to be a guinea pig and have the suspension taken apart a few times because an installer is unaware.

I noticed mustang motorsports sell steeda springs I will ask them if they can recommend an installer.

Is there a big difference in ride quality between the linear and progressive?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
There is a difference & for ride quality, our Progressive Springs are the spring of choice. But not a "huge" difference.

Either route you go, you will be very happy with the results.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Nothing wrong with Vogtland. You're overthinking it, they're just springs. You don't want firm, go with a lower spring rate/less drop.

Also I reckon you're about the only person that would prefer a stealership install an aftermarket part, over someone who actually knows what they're doing.

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing wrong with Vogtland. You're overthinking it, they're just springs. You don't want firm, go with a lower spring rate/less drop.

Also I reckon you're about the only person that would prefer a stealership install an aftermarket part, over someone who actually knows what they're doing.
Make a good point as it's probably an apprentice doing the job.

The plan was to buy the spring and install directly from the dealer with full manufacturers warranty.

If I purchase the spring aftermarket I would get it installed by a reputable installer.

I do not mind sacrificing some ride quality for the sake of the look of a drop.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I honestly think you'd be better off just going aftermarket. A lot of dealerships don't want to, and if they do then they charge ridiculous amounts for supply & install.

Where in Sydney are you? Might be able to help with a shop.

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly think you'd be better off just going aftermarket. A lot of dealerships don't want to, and if they do then they charge ridiculous amounts for supply & install.

Where in Sydney are you? Might be able to help with a shop.
Thanks, yes would be good to have a reputable shop?
Ford want $1200 for the springs plus labour and full warranty. It's part of there accessory kit.

I live North shore and work Campbelltown so happy to go anywhere in Sydney for install.

I will be having my exhaust done at castle hill performance exhaust.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I will be having my exhaust done at castle hill performance exhaust.
Don't they also have a performance shop? I've used the exhaust shop a few times and would recommend them so would be willing to try them out for other things as well. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't they also have a performance shop? I've used the exhaust shop a few times and would recommend them so would be willing to try them out for other things as well. Couldn't hurt to ask.
Never been there and thought they only do exhausts. Will talk to them

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, definitely talk to them if you're already going there. They do have a performance shop

$1200 for springs is ridiculous. I paid less than that for my coilovers, and the BMR springs I had before that were only $199USD

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, definitely talk to them if you're already going there. They do have a performance shop

$1200 for springs is ridiculous. I paid less than that for my coilovers, and the BMR springs I had before that were only $199USD
Great so Vogland springs 35mm drop front and back? I stalled by castle hill performance

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Great so Vogland springs 35mm drop front and back? I stalled by castle hill performance
Yeah the 35mm look and perform great :thumbsup: