Mustang oversupply?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
GT vert brand new $61 k driveaway on Car Sales.
Ford dealer close to home.
Ford have made Mustang the new peoples car. Becoming like a.....holes. Everybody's got one. They could have kept it a bit special by keeping prices up with bigger profit margins and keep supply down. Ford has no competition for this car in AUS, except for the stupid dealers, who are now competing with each other, due to oversupply.They should also only offer the V8. This is not the states, where poverty pack rental sales are huge for Mustangs. Mustang should be a V8 specialty car, priced $70-80+k. FPVs and HSVs where always priced upwards of that and so should Mustang. Give us one model with ALL the luxury/safety bits you can spec in the states and choose between h/top or vert, man or auto. Then have dealers fit a WIDE range of Ford approved go fast/cosmetic bits, so they can make a bit more and don't have to rely on selling volume.
Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I dont think the price will do much of a difference, the mustang is iconic and many enthusiast has been dreaming of getting one. in sydney 60-100k cars are everwhere, i dont even live in the eastern suburbs and one of the most common brand in my parking lot(apartment) is porsche lol. there are more entry level germans than toyota camry..

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Grateful iconic American V8 muscle car is affordable specced and engineered RHD with full factory backing.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Grateful iconic American V8 muscle car is affordable specced and engineered RHD with full factory backing.
Well, at least having the V8 vert is bit special. Only 2 out of 10 Ponys are vert's and only half or so, are GTs. Happy to pay the extra dosh. If i'm going to have the inconvenience of two doors with useless back seats, might as well be a vert for me.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
The more the merrier :headbang::ford:

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, at least having the V8 vert is bit special. Only 2 out of 10 Ponys are vert's and only half or so, are GTs. Happy to pay the extra dosh. If i'm going to have the inconvenience of two doors with useless back seats, might as well be a vert for me.
Hey come on, its worth it to see the pain on the face of whoever is relegated to the back seats!

whmacs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT auto
When I approached my local Ford dealer (Kloster Ford in Newcastle) how long would it take to get a GT auto fastback in magnetic they checked their books and told me that they had one on the boat right now and it would be delivered in three weeks. I placed a deposit down and it arrived in only two weeks so very happy (picked up last friday). The dealer did comment that getting stock was becoming easier.

Here is a picture at the dealers the day before I picked it up.
http://www.stephenmacmillan.com/images/mustang1.jpg

Regards,
Stephen

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
The stock that dealer currently have on the floor or allocated is all they will have until the '18 starts to arrive around this time next year.
If sales continue at or near the current rate, they will run short before then.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The stock that dealer currently have on the floor or allocated is all they will have until the '18 starts to arrive around this time next year.
At the moment, there are lots of cars sitting at dealers and also, non- allocated cars in transit, which can be had with good discounts. Who knows, how many MY17 RHDs will be built ahead, to keep volume hungry dealers happy? By the end of the year, unless the discount is huge, not many will want an "old" MY17 anyway. Now that the "Mustang for AUS" novelty is wearing of, sales will slow down anyway. Mustang could go like the Monaro and sales slide to a trickle in a few years. I'm don't know if many will change over every 3 years or so and keep sales high?

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
All 2017 stock has been allocated to dealers including what is in plant and in transit.
That is, the next allocation we get, will be 2018 model, and no more 2017 can be ordered.
If someone wants a '17 they have to get a car that has already been ordered and allocated.
There is a lot of cars allocated to dealers, that are not contracted to customers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
All 2017 stock has been allocated to dealers including what is in plant and in transit.
That is, the next allocation we get, will be 2018 model, and no more 2017 can be ordered.
If someone wants a '17 they have to get a car that has already been ordered and allocated.
There is a lot of cars allocated to dealers, that are not contracted to customers.
By "non-allocated", i mean, not to a customer. Dealer's could be well overstocked soon.

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
I thought that was what you meant, that's why I clarified.

Without a crystal ball it's hard to know on stock levels.
As I said, if sales continue at a similar level to the last couple of months there will be a shortage before the new model starts to arrive around this time next year.
If sales slow, it should work out ok.
If sales stop, a lot of dealers will have some good deals going.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Where do you get this info from?

The dealer talk i have seen has suggested RHD build to start end of year.. cars dropping april-may.

there are BUCKETS of non-customer allocated cars around. If anyone is paying close to retail... silly

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^

This is taken from the UK sub-forum.

Good info recently posted by another member regarding the '18MY facelift car:

Schedule:
IAA 2017 (September) - Release of pricing & brochures
Q4 2017 - Order banks open
Q1 2018 - Production starts
Q2 2018 - Official launch

We won't see the RHD here in Oz until Q3. The above is consistent with what I've heard from dealers here in Sydney.