Sponsored

2018 Australia

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Ford hadn't even started engineering work on the S550 RHD version when the S550 was released in the US. That's why we had the initial long waits.

Given that a lot of the earlier engineering work would carryover they still have calibration and certification work to do for the 2018 RHD models.

I would say late 3rd quarter 2018 before the first 2018's reach our shores.
Sponsored

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
You are way too pessimistic buddy. The US build commences early October 17 with delivery straight after. The RHD builds should be right behind. With a 2 or 3 month supply chain (my 2016 was built Feb 16 & delivered to Adelaide May 16 after 4 weeks on the docks in Baltimore) they should be here in Dec 17 or Jan 18 ..... heads up guys.
Didn't they retool the factory for LHD S550s in like July '14? Even if it was done at the beginning of '15, that's still a year delay for RHD builds.

If they follow a similar pattern, then you'd expect the first round to be delivered around December 2018.

It would be interesting to see what will happen to '16/'17 resale prices during the 12month+ no build period.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Didn't they retool the factory for LHD S550s in like July '14? Even if it was done at the beginning of '15, that's still a year delay for RHD builds.

If they follow a similar pattern, then you'd expect the first round to be delivered around December 2018.

It would be interesting to see what will happen to '16/'17 resale prices during the 12month+ no build period.
There won't be a 12month no build period this time. Ford AUS has already said, they are expecting first MY18 cars mid next year. MY16/17 cars will depreciate, just like most cars do, in particular when new model arrives or is on the horizon. Just have a look at the amount of MY16/17 Mustangs for sale at good prices on carsales.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Seems to me original wait times were due to Ford not anticipating the sheer number of orders coming from Australia/Rest of the world.

This time around, they will be ready. There is no reason we cant have the 18s land by 2nd quarter of 2018.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
my money is still on april. i cancelled my my18 as i need 4 doors but i am bloody tempted by orange fury.. maybe i can jam my kids in the back seat. Or i just get an my18 STI

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
This is a really cool feature - hopefully it makes it here but not sure that the US set up will comply with ADR.

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
This is a really cool feature - hopefully it makes it here but not sure that the US set up will comply with ADR.

That is freakin’ awesome. 8pm - 8am = quiet start mode.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I really hope we get that exhaust. The standard exhaust is far too quiet and my days of modding are behind me. I dont want to have to put an aftermarket exhaust on a brand new car!

What wheels do we think we will get in Aus? Im hoping its not the same PP wheels as the 2015-17. Would be nice to have the PP2 or black pack wheels to differentiate the 18 from earlier models.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I guess the MY18 bi-mode exhaust will reduce sales of aftermarket stuff.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Permanently in track mode

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
I really hope we get that exhaust. The standard exhaust is far too quiet and my days of modding are behind me. I dont want to have to put an aftermarket exhaust on a brand new car!
I think that you will still be disappointed by the sound. I read that the quiet mode is like 75dB and the loud mode is in the 80s (stock '15-'17 GTs come in at 85dB)

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I think that you will still be disappointed by the sound. I read that the quiet mode is like 75dB and the loud mode is in the 80s (stock '15-'17 GTs come in at 85dB)
If your running much over 90db, EPA will pick you up sooner a later. Remember, it just takes someone/anyone to dob you in. Constantly swapping exhaust and paying fines suck. I think, quality of sound (subjective of course) is more important than big quantity. I have heard a few pony's that are loud, but sound crap to my ear's.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX

From the videos we have seen already, the loud/normal mode is infinitely louder and better sounding than previous standard exhaust.
Sponsored