Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Do people "use" the fob at all? I think I've used mine twice ever when I walked away and forgot to lock it with the handle touch.

I thought even the base has door handle touch to lock or unlock the door and the trunk has a physical button to unlock.

I guess I should ask if manual trans owners use the fob. Lots of auto owners probably use it for remote start.
I only use mine to pre-pop the truck from the house when I need to load something up with my hands full. Otherwise, my keys never leave my pocket.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I don't mind the new fob if that's it, the current one is too thick IMO

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's a keyfob, not a new transmission. Do we really need a technical breakdown of something that only has 4 buttons? Lol.

I've grown to use the side bars on the door handles to auto lock the car and I think the only time I use the fob is for opening the trunk when going grocery shopping. That's about it.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Was it the Mustang?

Bit of a tease from Chris Doane Automotive on their Facebook page a short while ago. Seems a spy photographer captured a " a next-gen model. I imagine you'll see it in LA or Detroit" with NO CAMO......but the OEM bought the photos, rather than a magazine or online publication!

Of course, there's no guarantee it was the Mustang, but clearly the manufacturer didn't want the photos getting out, so it must be a pretty high profile vehicle!

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisDoaneAuto/

Last edited:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Do people "use" the fob at all? I think I've used mine twice ever when I walked away and forgot to lock it with the handle touch.

I thought even the base has door handle touch to lock or unlock the door and the trunk has a physical button to unlock.

I guess I should ask if manual trans owners use the fob. Lots of auto owners probably use it for remote start.
use it daily to roll windows down and to lock my car as I walk away just in case.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
use it daily to roll windows down and to lock my car as I walk away just in case.
I use mine every trip
Always when leaving the car even to pay for petrol, flash the indicators, the hood ones always get loads of looks :D
and also use the remote start a lot, to cool her down or now warm her up, its lovely getting into a car with a warm seat
also if not used for a few days will warm up the car on the RS then switch herself off. in the UK as RS is not allowed gets a ton of attention

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Bit of a tease from Chris Doane Automotive on their Facebook page a short while ago. Seems a spy photographer captured a " a next-gen model. I imagine you'll see it in LA or Detroit" with NO CAMO......but the OEM bought the photos, rather than a magazine or online publication!

Of course, there's no guarantee it was the Mustang, but clearly the manufacturer didn't want the photos getting out, so it must be a pretty high profile vehicle!

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisDoaneAuto/
I'm thinking this might be the Jeep Wrangler he caught. Also the words 'next-gen' to me signify a new model like the Jeep Wrangler vs a refresh.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Could have been..........either way, he didn't spill the beans!

Anxiously awaiting the next spy shots though.............or video!!! :ninja:

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I wonder how much those photos are worth to an OEM?