Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Is it just me or is that a glass roof? It doesn't look like black paint to me, it looks like a continuation of the windshield. Maybe I'm crazy....
Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The wheels are just 2010-2012 GT500 Wheels. Nothing new. They won't be THE wheels come the car hitting dealers in the future. These are sold through the Ford Racing catalog and Ford has tons of them laying around. They probably just through them on the car because they were readily available.

2010shelbygt500fdp1_30_opta.jpg
If that is the case, do those wheels have the same offset as the current models? I REALLY want to get a set of forgestar M7S wheels and Baer rotors, but I'm waiting to make absolutely sure they will fit the refresh so I can port them.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I always knew those wheels would look good on the S550 body. Too bad they weigh 32 lbs a piece. I wanted a set but that's a lot of unsprung weight.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Is the current hood "bulge" really that big of a deal to a lot of people? I'm not seeing what the issue is. Maybe I'm missing something?

I'm actually adding on a hood scoop once my car gets delivered.
For me, when I've test drove the Mustang it's a negative because it definitely impedes some visibility, especially the right bumper. My friend who works with me who owns a '15 has scrapped his front bumper and has talked about wanting a lower hood.

Also the blinkers were removed and a few articles came out about how you couldn't even see the right turn signal on the '16s due to the bulge.

IMO I'm glad it's been lowered significantly...give the car a MUCH BETTER profile now and visibility.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Cool - dual fuel drainage ports on rear valance - so igniters can be installed in muffler tips and you can instantly roast tailgaters from behind with a button activated from the steering wheel!!! Awesome addition!!

--

Looking at side profile, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the door window gasket is designed differently where it meets the B-pillar post. Look at the top right curvature of the gasket and the accompanying rubber near the rear 1/4 window. It also appears that the window glass is a tad longer and overlaps the vertical piece of rubber that used to be on the outside edge of the 1/4 glass... Thoughts??

I'm wondering if the 18 will have done away with the shitty rubber surrounds on the rear 1/4 windows and if the glass will be recessed into the C-pillar again like the previous 2010-2014's?

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Is it just me, but I see quad exhaust, but they removed one pipe
from each muffler

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Front brake calipers are black with the red Brembo logos... Not that it means anything, just saying...

--

No satellite radio antenna on roof... Hmmm...

--

Look more closely at the rear 1/4 window area in the pics with the angled driver side frontal shots. That rear 1/4 glass looks very suspicious under the camo wrap. When I blow up the pics larger, it appears the glass is either beveled or there's some type of molded body panel under the wrap. It may also explain why the wrap looks weird there from a complete side profile as if the polka dotted ball is darker or raised more (not illusion of camo type). Anyone else see that?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Hopefully the rear bumper supports will hold it up better than the saggy GT350 and ridiculous body gap.

A.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Anyone else think it looks more like the 2014 style? It looks a lot less sleeker I think. Looks totally different then the side profile of a 2015, looks like a 2014 profile to me.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is an alpha numeric number on the rectangle to the right side of the blocked driver side taillight assembly. In the pics showing the rear dead on, it appears the number has been photoshopped out. However on the pic below showing the car from this angle, you can sort of make out the number that has not been edited (yet).

Can anyone do some more magnifying on it?
image.jpeg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Front brake calipers are black with the red Brembo logos... Not that it means anything, just saying...

--

No satellite radio antenna on roof... Hmmm...

--

Look more closely at the rear 1/4 window area in the pics with the angled driver side frontal shots. That rear 1/4 glass looks very suspicious under the camo wrap. When I blow up the pics larger, it appears the glass is either beveled or there's some type of molded body panel under the wrap. It may also explain why the wrap looks weird there from a complete side profile as if the polka dotted ball is darker or raised more (not illusion of camo type). Anyone else see that?
Yeah I also thought it was weird that they'd put camo over the rear quarter window...and maybe the glass roof will be making a return if the satellite radio antenna isn't gonna be on the roof anymore. Glass roof was a cool option but wasn't very popular at all so I'd be really surprised if it made a comeback.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For me, when I've test drove the Mustang it's a negative because it definitely impedes some visibility, especially the right bumper. My friend who works with me who owns a '15 has scrapped his front bumper and has talked about wanting a lower hood.

Also the blinkers were removed and a few articles came out about how you couldn't even see the right turn signal on the '16s due to the bulge.

IMO I'm glad it's been lowered significantly...give the car a MUCH BETTER profile now and visibility.
I personally really like the hood 'ridges', as it's very different and gives the car character. It looks menacing from inside.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It's hard to tell anything with the camo, but the quarters and deck lid look like the may be higher than the current design. Though that would be a pretty major change for a facelift.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:shrug:
eh2.jpg
Sponsored