Sponsored

Washing/Waxing/Detailing

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Depends on the model in particular.

I found that some Karchers have excellent reviews, some don't. Same with Gerni's. Some models work exceptionally well, some have horrible reviews.

Hmm until now I was pretty sure about wanting the Karcher K5. But after reading this post I searched for reviews.....

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/karcher-k-5-650.html

Seems pretty one sided, given that complainers are more likely to actually submit a review, but it kills the confidence in the product after reading some of that.

I was at Bunnings the other day and saw someone carrying a different model karcher back to the store, with all the parts hanging out of the box. Assume something broke.

Another thread worth the read:

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/showthread.php?9627-What-s-the-difference-%28karcher%29

This petrol Karcher seems to earn better reviews. However the whole attraction to electric is that there is no exhaust to instantly coat/dirty the car you are cleaning :(

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/karcher-g-2500-oh.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
To everybody above who took the time to outline the equipment and product that they have and use, thank you. Car care have a big order on their way to me and a Gerni now resides in the shed...thanks again to all and Deano for starting the thread.

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I've bought all my stuff from Waxit with Dura Gloss products being my favourite with their spray on polish (Aqua Wax) being a fantastic maintainance polish when used on a new car such as a Mustang GT. As I have mentioned elsewhere, if you have a spare $800 or so, it is worth having your car professionally polished to get rid of all scratches and swirl marks. But it has to be done by somebody who knows what they are doing, obviously. The difference before and after is unbelievable.
Ian

Last edited:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ I use the Dura Gloss Aqua Wax on my R-Spec after washing; it's the best I've come across - easy to apply/wipe-off and the black paint comes up a treat.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Cannot recommend Adam's car care products highly enough. All stuff made in the USA but distributed in Aus from a guy named Joseph, who has a ton of knowledge on car care. One of their products H2o Guard and gloss is insanely good and easy to apply and will have your paint polymer protected for months, but ALL of their products are fantastic

Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
I've bought all my stuff from Waxit with Dura Gloss products being my favourite with their spray on polish (Aqua Wax) being a fantastic maintainance polish when used on a new car such as a Mustang GT. As I have mentioned elsewhere, if you have a spare $800 or so, it is worth having your car professionally polished to get rid of all scratches and swirl marks. But it has to be done by somebody who knows what they are doing, obviously. The difference before and after is unbelievable.
Ian

+1
What he said

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Best tip I have is remove new wheels from car, clean em, de iron em with ironx then put a good wax on em. Reduces the cleaning time on all that black cr@p that the brembos generate. Most hoses straight off the rest easily removed with car wash liquid from a bucket and a wheel brush. I use finishcare high temp wax, one with the shark logo, but any good last step protection product will do.

Cut my car clean time by the most of any techniques, 10 minutes for 4 wheels down from a 45 minute chore that never really satisfied me and stubborn black stuff that doesn't budge.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just did my first wax with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Easy on and off. Recommended. Comes with applicator and microfiber towel for removal.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
To those using the Duragloss Aquawax. If you have used it for an extended period of time, have you found it to cause any problems with plastic trim or anything else that it gets on besides the paint. It has rave reviews and I cant find anything bad said about it. Just curious about any build up on trim.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Bobsp12,

The Dura Gloss Aqua Wax is more for maintenance as a quick detailer. I've been using it for 2 years now. I usually wipe it straight off if it gets on the window glass but with other painted plastic trim I haven't had any problems.

Cheers

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Thanks RSPEC-015, I have used Meguiars spray detailer for many years as a touch up between waxes, but I like the idea of using the aquawax during the drying process. It cuts out one more chance of swirls.

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
What are you guys doing for interior/ recommend for the interior? I've just stocked up on autoglym aqua wax, body shampoo and the quick detailing spray for the exterior, need to get some snow foam too.

I might get some of the autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner, but I've been thinking about the 303 Aerospace protectant, what do you guys reckon?

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I might get some of the autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner, but I've been thinking about the 303 Aerospace protectant, what do you guys reckon?

I have not used either product before. I have seen the 303 Aerospace mentioned in numerous threads, I think I will be giving this a try, for non-leather surfaces to start with (engine bay/plastic or rubber trim, door seals etc). 303 Aerospace seems to be usable on a lot of exterior/interior surfaces, and safe in the case of contact with metal/painted surfaces at the same time.

Note: When used on Leather, 303 Aerospace looks like it leaves it a little glossier than leather should be I think. The Autoglym might be the superior products for leather.

*I was going to link some youtube clips, but ill hold back to avoid unnecessary load time/data. Just search the two products on youtube and there are a few comparisons/demos.

If anyone actually has experience with 303 Aerospace on leather, speak up!

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use 303 for inside the Territory, mainly on the dash. I find it pretty good and doesn't look glossy like Armorall. Just have to watch you don't apply too much.

For the inside of the R-Spec and the leather in the Territory I use a wet microfibre cloth. I use another cloth to dry where I've wiped but the leather seats I just let air dry.