Sponsored

Disguised S550 Mustang Spied Testing - New Variant or Refresh?

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We caught this disguised Ruby Red S550 Mustang prototype wearing heavy front and rear camouflage testing near Dearborn and outfitted with light bars front and rear. The camouflage extends to the front/rear fenders and trunk -- pointing to redesigned lights and fascia.

Is this our first glimpse of another S550 variant or an early look at the first mid-model refresh?

Mustang-1.jpg

Mustang-2.jpg

Mustang-3.jpg

Mustang-4.jpg

Mustang-5.jpg

Mustang-6.jpg

Mustang-7.jpg

Mustang-8.jpg

Mustang-9.jpg

Mustang-10.jpg

Mustang-11.jpg

Mustang-12.jpg

Mustang-13.jpg
Sponsored

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
Let's not ignore those exhaust pipes now either.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I admit, I laughed when I saw the pictures.

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
2017 Refresh is my guess.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Fawk yes, makes me more excited for next year. Already love the current ones, though..so hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Since they're clearly masking the actual lights, I wonder if they have switched to all LEDs.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
The only thing I can tell in the pictures is that it has what i'm guessing as a pedestal spoiler on it, unless the covers are purposely raised in the back to keep you guessing. That is a really nice set of tips they got on the exhaust :D

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Definitely early look at the refresh.

I'm guessing this is the MY '17 refresh and the camo is hiding the mid cycle redesigned Front/Rear and lights. Those contraptions are there for the sole purpose of hiding the lighting of the front/rear.

So we can gather from this that the front fascia is going to be redesigned to look more aggressive, lights are changed and possibly 4 tri bar front like the one person saw. Also with the rear, you could now see 4 tri bar lights on each side. Sides camo'd could be the GT is getting the venting on the side also from the GT350.

Also it's running on the base 18 inch wheels and also is a base package is also a give away most likely it's not a performance model.

Also, wonder if the 10 speed is in it...with the F-150 behind it, they could be out testing the 10 speed in both models at the same time (unless that F-150 wasnt with the Mustang)

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
That is a really nice set of tips they got on the exhaust :D
Those are exhaust extenders. It's part of an experimental exhaust system that provides a deeper tone while projecting the sound further distances.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm guessing this is the MY '17 refresh and the camo is hiding the mid cycle redesigned Front/Rear and lights. Those contraptions are there for the sole purpose of hiding the lighting of the front/rear.

Also it's running on the base 18 inch wheels and also is a base package is also a give away it's not a performance model.
Those were my initial thoughts, too :thumbsup:
Sponsored