Sponsored

Cold air intakes

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Do a search for posts by Gibbo in the UK on stock airbox vs CAI. He makes some interesting observations about the efficacy of CAIs.

As for me I'm going to get an Airaid tube to replace the convoluted stocker, take the carbon thingy out of the airbox, open up the grille, and fit a Velossa Big Mouth when I can get one. And save the money for some axle backs and a tune.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah great read. Im starting to think i will just buy a new k&n filter and modify the air box.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Yeah great read. Im starting to think i will just buy a new k&n filter and modify the air box.
Hey snake bite look at the K&N filter and intake tube set, uses the factory airbox no modifications needed. also it does not have the port for the sound tube if you have deleted that.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If you think it's worth frigging around cleaning it and reoiling...:D

FWIW I just ordered the Airaid elbow, $50 cheaper delivered from JC Whitney (on ebay) than CJ Pony.

Sponsored

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Its a non oiling filter $92 ebay K&N Filters 33-5029

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@ snake bite just saying but if you don't want to do the reoiling thing I'd double check to be sure. I'm genuinely intrigued, afaik all K&Ns are washable and need oiling so I checked the CJPP site for this p/n and it says:

The cotton is treated with specially formulated oil...you can wash & reuse it...every 50,000 miles.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
....afaik all K&Ns are washable and need oiling....
They do, including the quoted one. Of course there's nothing stopping you from not cleaning and reoiling it and treating it as a disposable filter.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am running a Steeda CAI, did a review on it a while back. It along with every other open element filter is a PITA when it comes to IAT's which rob power.

No question in my mind that if I had to do it over I'd go with a Velossa big mouth, high flow panel filter, and maybe cut plug the resonator just for sound.

From a 40 roll that set up would crush my current one.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I run the Steeda CAI that does require a tune due to its larger diameter tube to the TB. This plus a tune made a BIG difference, but I also drilled out all of the blocked honeycomb plastic grill where the air intake snorkel meets the grill. I estimate I increased the area of air intake by at least 30% and I think that also made a difference. I assume that is why the GT 350 has a bigger snorkel intake arrangement.

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Guys check out our US Designed and US Made Injen Cold Air Intakes for the GT and Eco's. Another new shipment of the Injens CAI's arriving back in stock late Jan. These use a unique nano filter and the filtration area is by far the larget of any CAI. Being a dry filter means you wont have any oiling issues on the air flow sensor. The nano filter is easily cleaned. The whole unit is designed to flow air. The inlet is a patented tuned design that flows plenty. No tune is required however if you choose to do a tune and are chasing additional flow there is an internal section that can be easily removed to open it up. It also has a filter minder gauge that shows the condition of the filter. They also carry much lower intake temps than others. If you want further info go to US Injen website Injen.com or visit our website suspensionpartsonline.com.au Our phone number is 03 9553 6915. Also coming in early 2018 will be our new website mustangcity.com.au
EVO9201_2.JPG

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Fred thanks for posting it looks like a well made unit. Getting down to the detail though, can you please let us know;

Airflow capacity compared to stock airbox
Filtration quality compared to stock filter
IAT compared to stock airbox
Power, performance or response improvement over stock airbox on a stock engine

Happy to invest, just need to know what bang for $ I'm getting.

:cheers:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Guys check out our US Designed and US Made Injen Cold Air Intakes for the GT and Eco's. Another new shipment of the Injens CAI's arriving back in stock late Jan. These use a unique nano filter and the filtration area is by far the larget of any CAI. Being a dry filter means you wont have any oiling issues on the air flow sensor. The nano filter is easily cleaned. The whole unit is designed to flow air. The inlet is a patented tuned design that flows plenty. No tune is required however if you choose to do a tune and are chasing additional flow there is an internal section that can be easily removed to open it up. It also has a filter minder gauge that shows the condition of the filter. They also carry much lower intake temps than others. If you want further info go to US Injen website Injen.com or visit our website suspensionpartsonline.com.au Our phone number is 03 9553 6915. Also coming in early 2018 will be our new website mustangcity.com.au

Hi Fred,

Can pm a price on one of these please?

I live in Sydney

OP
OP
snake bite

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Because I like factory look and still not convince of big CAI gains without tune I've gone for K&N filter and cleaned up air box lid. Probably a placebo but it seems to be a bit more responsive.....Anyway it can't do it any harm :headbang::D:thumbsup:
IMG_20171217_185958.jpg

IMG_20171217_185238.jpg

IMG_20171217_185454.jpg

IMG_20171217_185407.jpg
Sponsored