Sponsored

Pedders Lowering Springs vs .....

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RHD Mustang GT S550 PP Platinum White
Anyone installed Pedders Sportryder Coilsprings?

I cannot find any reviews or threads?

I prefer to have a 1 stop shop with the 2 year warranty. If I cannot get a single review then

I will consider the Vogland Springs as it appears they work well with little complaints.

I am looking for a drop that keeps things legal.

Will the 35mm drop front and rear on the vogland keep things legal?

Thanks
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I had the vogtland springs and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them. If you want springs go with the eibach and if you want coilovers go with Shockworks, the pedders are cheap and not that great.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Anyone installed Pedders Sportryder Coilsprings?

I cannot find any reviews or threads?

I prefer to have a 1 stop shop with the 2 year warranty. If I cannot get a single review then

I will consider the Vogland Springs as it appears they work well with little complaints.

I am looking for a drop that keeps things legal.

Will the 35mm drop front and rear on the vogland keep things legal?

Thanks
35mm drop (springs only) could make your car ride like pig. I have Eibach springs with 20/15mm drop and the ride is choppier than before. For a 35mm drop, I would be looking at coilovers.

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the vogtland springs and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them. If you want springs go with the eibach and if you want coilovers go with Shockworks, the pedders are cheap and not that great.
Hi, so what is it that you don't like? Is it very choppy rough ride?

I read so many good reviews that the ride is not affected.

I am happy to have 25mm drop rather than 35mm.

Not tracking the car only a daily driver and I don't need adjustable suspension. I am after the drop to give it the look and happy with the current ride quality and handling to be honest, although its a tad bouncy. So I will research eibach and shockworks.

What about a set of shocks and springs like bilstein?

OP
OP
DAZZA

DAZZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
35mm drop (springs only) could make your car ride like pig. I have Eibach springs with 20/15mm drop and the ride is choppier than before. For a 35mm drop, I would be looking at coilovers.
Thanks Mick, sounds like Eibach isn't the answer either? Not fussed on having a 25mm drop if it helps but sounds like you are not happy either.

I welcome anyone who has had success with a daily driver smooth ride but lowered spring or shock combination

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi, so what is it that you don't like? Is it very choppy rough ride?

I read so many good reviews that the ride is not affected.

I am happy to have 25mm drop rather than 35mm.

Not tracking the car only a daily driver and I don't need adjustable suspension. I am after the drop to give it the look and happy with the current ride quality and handling to be honest, although its a tad bouncy. So I will research eibach and shockworks.

What about a set of shocks and springs like bilstein?
The ride was definitely effected, it was a lot more firm than before, they are a great performance spring but on Melbourne roads they weren't very compliant.

I went with the 25mm drop as well and my car just passed a rwc certificate for when I sold it.

The bilstein kit came out fairly recently and I haven't heard many things about it, but driving the Eibach and Vogtland's back to back the Eibach were more compliant for the road.

Shockworks are pretty expensive ~3K but will give you a great track set up, if you want just springs I would recommend the Eibachs.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Thanks Mick, sounds like Eibach isn't the answer either? Not fussed on having a 25mm drop if it helps but sounds like you are not happy either.

I welcome anyone who has had success with a daily driver smooth ride but lowered spring or shock combination
Ok, so whenever you reduce suspension travel (by lowering) you will have reduced ability to absorb bumps etc. Having said that, the eibach springs have virtually eliminated the rear end up and down bounce of the standard springs and the car has a more planted feel with reduced body roll and pitching under braking. If I was driving on a lot of poor country roads, the standard springs would be preferable. For driving around the burbs and good highways, the 20mm eibachs are more than acceptable. For my driving situation, the positives (the look) outweigh the choppier ride on poor surfaces.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I've used Pedders on another car and they turned it into a dog only good for smooth surfaces, way too high spring rate. Combine them with standard dampers and you'll have an under damped nightmare with a rough ride that'll spit you off the next off-camber bumpy corner. Any drop over about an 25mm and you'll change the geometry to the point you'll need to start adding more stuff to get roll centers etc right. Each to their own, but if you go there make sure you take it to someone who really knows their stuff. This will likely cost big $. Sorry, don't mean to be negative just my 2c.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Have a read up on BMR minimum drop springs. They are only slightly stiffer than the PP springs and give approx 3/4” drop in the front and 1/2” at the rear. Hence you have more suspension travel than most other kits. They don’t drop enough to highlight any bump steer or require camber plates.
The do cure the high ride looks and rear bounce though....
Sponsored