Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The customers for the Ford GT are purchasing it for the collectibility, not as a DD or track car. They could care less about the numbers given the price that is being paid regardless. :ford:
I'm talking about the Mustang. I doubt power numbers will be released when the build&price site goes up.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The customers for the Ford GT are purchasing it for the collectibility, not as a DD or track car. They could care less about the numbers given the price that is being paid regardless. :ford:
Buyers of the Ford GT are required to put a specified amount of miles on the car based on their personalized contract. If any part of the contract for the purchase of a Ford GT isn't fulfilled during an audit of the car, the buyer must offer buyback to Ford. I believe this is for a max of 3 years then buyers can do whatever they want. And that contract isn't BS. It's a full on legal document.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Buyers of the Ford GT are required to put a specified amount of miles on the car based on their personalized contract. If any part of the contract for the purchase of a Ford GT isn't fulfilled during an audit of the car, the buyer must offer buyback to Ford. I believe this is for a max of 3 years then buyers can do whatever they want. And that contract isn't BS. It's a full on legal document.
Poor poor them, being forced to drive one of the coolest cars on the planet rather then letting them sit. We should all be so unlucky. Hahaha

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
You got a millionaire friend?
Yep, a couple lol.

He is unfortunately having to sell his McLaren 650 to make room in the garage aka the wife says so.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
That oil money. With that much coin he could just buy a new wife.
Precisely. He started an oil company which was later sold to a hedge fund. He only has a handful of cars, but they are all 'top tier'. Mid 2000s Ford GT, MeLaren 650, late 60s Mustang race car, etc.

His current project is building a car around an older Rolls Royce airplane engine. Best part is, he actually drives the cars and is a member at the local road course.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
People with piles of money can be interesting to deal with. My boss of 20 years was giving me grief about buying a new F250 yesterday...."guess I pay you too much".....had to bite my tongue to not shoot back a comment about the $4 Million house he is building.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Did you just make this up? Or did you have some sort of factual statistics proving it? Just because people are rich doesn't mean that they don't care about performance aspects...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My friend who is getting his GT delivered in December purchased it for DD and track car duty..
I applaud Ford for "forcing" people to drive these GTs, but I dunno about a DD. I sat in the one they had in Detroit for NAIAS and well...it will certainly pose some challenges as a DD. It's a street legal racecar so I'm not complaining, but there's almost no storage, no cup holders, very tight (elbow to elbow with your passenger), and getting in and out multiple times a day will get old quick unless you're a gymnast or parkour runner. Weekend fun car though? Certainly.

Kudos to your friend though, I know a guy getting one too, but his won't arrive till next summer.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Poor poor them, being forced to drive one of the coolest cars on the planet rather then letting them sit. We should all be so unlucky. Hahaha
Don't get me wrong I agree. I'm simply pointing out for someone to say an individual bought a GT to sit on it is uninformed.

parker8133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
I applaud Ford for "forcing" people to drive these GTs, but I dunno about a DD. I sat in the one they had in Detroit for NAIAS and well...it will certainly pose some challenges as a DD. It's a street legal racecar so I'm not complaining, but there's almost no storage, no cup holders, very tight (elbow to elbow with your passenger), and getting in and out multiple times a day will get old quick unless you're a gymnast or parkour runner. Weekend fun car though? Certainly.

Kudos to your friend though, I know a guy getting one too, but his won't arrive till next summer.
Do you think you'll get a chance to review it? I just watched Jay Leno's episode on his - looks so amazing.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Do you think you'll get a chance to review it? I just watched Jay Leno's episode on his - looks so amazing.
It's possible but not likely. He hasn't offered his other exotics to me yet.
Sponsored