Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Sorry for not updating this thread.... been busy working on these babies...
So for the guys that are lucky enough to be heading to SEMA we will have our samples there.

It is our official release. We have already started production, and just awaiting on the led boards to come from USA.

We will update our social feeds for SEMA show. Hope to see some of you there and have a chat...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Question regarding rear install:

Does the trunk lid and accompanying panel have to be drilled through in order to wire up the illuminated Pony? If so, how big of a hole and do the wires tap into the factory harness that runs under the lid seen on the right side (fastbacks)?
Psssst.... Any info to the prior question above? Thx!

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
[MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION] Shipping yet?

isoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
In the future I would like to order this, but people who just post oh sorry we have been very busy and ignore shit makes me not want it at all.... Gonna wait awhile for a lot of reviews and answers before I pull the trigger

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Psssst.... Any info to the prior question above? Thx!
You'll already have holes where the original badge was located. We utilise one of these holes for the wiring. If you choose rgb you will have to make the hole slightly larger, approx 2mm larger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
In the future I would like to order this, but people who just post oh sorry we have been very busy and ignore shit makes me not want it at all.... Gonna wait awhile for a lot of reviews and answers before I pull the trigger
Considering we have been very busy and very excited about going to SEMA i dont think a few days between someone asking a question and getting an answer is all that bad. Remember this is an officially licensed Ford product now, so we have to be 100% sure we get them right before we ship them out.

What is it that you think we have ignored and i'll do my best to rectify it for you?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
[MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION] Shipping yet?
Not quite. We had a small delay from Diode dynamics with the led boards, we felt they were running a bit too hot so they reduced the power output a little to satisfy our requirements, but it hasnt affected the light output which is awesome.

We will ship just as soon as we possibly can :)

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
I'm curious about this too...
also, I saw a video on YouTube showing that quite a big hole needs to be drilled for the front illuminated emblem available on eBay. I don't think that's the same product as X-Lume though...
With ours you will need to drill an 8mm hole, but you will do it on one of the OEM holes, not add another one. And no, the ebay one is not ours lol

What's the WiFi controller give you? Extremely interested in the Black/White combo. Would like to see more pictures before I drop nearly $200 on this.
WiFi controller allows you to control the badge lighting using an app on your smartphone. Works with Apple & Android and has several lighting effects.

any way to control the brightness? looking for more of a subtle glow.
These are not bright like your headlights, but do stand out. Brightness depends on what colour you run i guess.

Ordered mine today can't wait !!! I am probably gonna get one for my daughters Mustang for Christmas. Any word on ship dates yet ?
Shipping very soon. We had a minor delay with the LED boards but that has now been resolved. Production commences in a week or so.

Question regarding rear install:

Does the trunk lid and accompanying panel have to be drilled through in order to wire up the illuminated Pony? If so, how big of a hole and do the wires tap into the factory harness that runs under the lid seen on the right side (fastbacks)?
A small hole is required in the decklid panel for the wires, but it is only 8mm and uses one of the existing holes, so no extra hole is required. The wiring under the decklid is for the number plate light, you could tap into that if you choose, but we will provide enough wire to reach all the way down to the tail light wiring harness. That way you can tap into the tail light or brake light depending on how you want to run the badge.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
will there be a multicolor gt version? may have already been asked

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Package

I want the package of the pony and the GT badge. I want them to be the same "production run" using the same temperature LED's and brands so I don't have different colors. This is the only thing preventing me from ordering this right now. I wanted to make sure that they would match. I'm only getting Chrome with WHITE but I wanted to make sure ---

will the package price for both be similar to the pre-order price of the individuals? I want it in time for SOWO and some other car shows here in the states.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
A few questions about the wifi module:

Does it give you multiple colors? I saw a video on your YouTube channel that suggests this... maybe I'm mistaken. Being able to make custom colors would be great.

The wifi module has some effects? Is this how you made it pulse in your Sema video?

Does it allow you to turn illumination off when you want to be less conspicuous?

Can the wifi module control both the front and back badges? Probably they couldn't be controlled independently, correct?

Where do you mount the module?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
A few questions about the wifi module:

Does it give you multiple colors? I saw a video on your YouTube channel that suggests this... maybe I'm mistaken. Being able to make custom colors would be great. You cant have multiple colours at once, ie red and blue showing at the same time with RGB badges. You can have any colour you can imagine (within the RGB range). Using the WiFi app on your phone you can use your camera to take a photo of any colour and transfer that to your badge.

The wifi module has some effects? Is this how you made it pulse in your Sema video? Yes the app on your phone has several various colour effects such as strobing, fading, flashing etc

Does it allow you to turn illumination off when you want to be less conspicuous? Yes

Can the wifi module control both the front and back badges? Probably they couldn't be controlled independently, correct? You cant run two independent WiFi modules (unless you run two phones lol)

Where do you mount the module? We havent yet run an RGB WiFi module into a Mustang, but in our SRT Jeeps we install the module under the glove box and out of sight. We can also install a "repeater" box that lets you see what the colour is on the outside of the car.
I want the package of the pony and the GT badge. I want them to be the same "production run" using the same temperature LED's and brands so I don't have different colors. This is the only thing preventing me from ordering this right now. I wanted to make sure that they would match. I'm only getting Chrome with WHITE but I wanted to make sure ---

will the package price for both be similar to the pre-order price of the individuals? I want it in time for SOWO and some other car shows here in the states.
All badges that are about to be released are from the same batch. All our LED boards are now made by Diode Dynamics in the US so everything will definatley match. What is the SOWO and when is it on? Pre sale pricing is on the website but ends soon, so if you want the discounts now is the time to order. Also, are you wanting chrome/white for the rear too? Perhaps your car is white?

will there be a multicolor gt version? may have already been asked
At this stage we wont do RGB for the GT letters, due to space for tracking on the boards.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.